immortal_sister

jade woman qigong

i ordered this book recently, should be getting it in the mail any day now:

Jade Woman QiGong - The Healing Power of Taoist Medicine for Every Woman

i was wondering if anyone had read it, or better yet, if anyone had studied at the Ling Gui School of Qigong? any thoughts?

and if anyone has other books or teachers to recommend that have programs or practices that are women-specific, be it qigong, neigong or taoist alchemy, do let me know. there is a lot of talk on these forums about the benefits of finding a teacher, a master, and i would love to one day become someone's student. that path is still kind of blurry to me..

Edited by immortal_sister

In her book "Miracle Healing from China" Qigong master Effie P. Chow talks about how female healing masters get shunned and even kicked out of China.

Effie Chow was the first qigong master I received a transmission from. She is really awesome. I even went to S.F. to see if I could get further contact.

http://www.eastwestqi.com/html/dr__chow.html

In her book "Miracle Healing from China" Qigong master Effie P. Chow talks about how female healing masters get shunned and even kicked out of China.

Effie Chow was the first qigong master I received a transmission from. She is really awesome. I even went to S.F. to see if I could get further contact.

http://www.eastwestqi.com/html/dr__chow.html

yup, its not easy learning things as a woman sometimes. women healers have been shunned all over the world throughout history. i wish we could say we are beyond that today, but alas..

this woman sounds very interesting. i am a big fan of this:

* Get at least eight hugs a day

* Get at least three Belly-Aching-Laughs-A-Day

* Maintain a positive mental attitude

* Maintain proper posture and breathe with the diaphragm

* Meditate daily

* Good nutrition, supplements, and perhaps herbs

* Practice the Chow Qigong exercises

* Be at peace with yourself and others

* Live the Qi energy concept

* Give and receive lots of love

:D:D

Isn't Wang Liping supposed to be compiling a book on cultivation specifically for women? I know I've read about it, but I have no idea where the progress is at.

yup, its not easy learning things as a woman sometimes. women healers have been shunned all over the world throughout history. i wish we could say we are beyond that today, but alas..

i'd settle with one hug.

I'm working on it. It's one of my pet projects. ;) Expect to have good results short, medium and long term.

Isn't Wang Liping supposed to be compiling a book on cultivation specifically for women? I know I've read about it, but I have no idea where the progress is at.

ooh let me know if you hear anything more about that!

I met Livia Kohn at a seminar once a few years back. She is very knowledgeable, particularly about female energy related stuff. I don't know what/if she teaches or practices but she's written a lot and may be worth looking up.

and if anyone has other books or teachers to recommend that have programs or practices that are women-specific, be it qigong, neigong or taoist alchemy, do let me know. there is a lot of talk on these forums about the benefits of finding a teacher, a master, and i would love to one day become someone's student. that path is still kind of blurry to me..

Here you go: http://www.thecenterplace.com/

http://www.thecenterplace.com/

Damaris Jarboux is one of the most outstanding women in the field of qigong. Several of her students have cross-trained with me. IMO you will not find a better female teacher of energetics.

Here's a bunch of amazing Effie Chow videos

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot...w-and-void.html

That's my blog as well.

huh? Where did you hear that from? No such project exists as far as I know. You can't learn female practice from a book.

i ordered this book recently, should be getting it in the mail any day now:

Jade Woman QiGong - The Healing Power of Taoist Medicine for Every Woman

i was wondering if anyone had read it, or better yet, if anyone had studied at the Ling Gui School of Qigong? any thoughts?

I have heard several of my female friends rave about Sarina Stone at www.taolady.com .

Bu

Dr yan Wang is pretty awesome. She has been world champion on tai chi 6 times, is also a kung fu master, and is one of chinas foremost medical qigong experts. She has some very good medical qigong for specific issues relating to women. She also teaches general qigong for daily pracitce but I do not think she realy teaches real advanced alhcemical stuff to anyone but select individuals she encounters.

Saida I think is good for sexual stuff, she has a very specific focus on women and has written a book on taoist and tantric female sexuality:

http://www.thedesiletsmethod.com/

She teaches some workshops on sexuality together with my meditation teacher viggo johansen. He is the wisest man I have ever met and if you are interested in Vipassana, mindfulness and Dzogchen and the relationship between psychology and spirituality, which is his main thing, then I could not think of anyone better. He is also a therapist and I have sent a bunch of people to him and and they are all equally impressed. He laso teaches some qigong but mainly healing Tao stuff (he teaches it waaaaaaay better than I was taught in Tao Garden), primoridal qigong and some great stuff he got from doctor wang. He also knows a bunch of tibetan stuff after having been in that system for many years and having been a monk in the tibetan tradition for four years.

Here you go: http://www.thecenterplace.com/

http://www.thecenterplace.com/

Damaris Jarboux is one of the most outstanding women in the field of qigong. Several of her students have cross-trained with me. IMO you will not find a better female teacher of energetics.

I have been wondering a bit about this with training with many different teachers. It seems to me that if you do something like stilness movement you should have no problem filling 3-4 hours of your day with practices by doing it thorougly. Same things holds for something like KAP which, although it does not require much time necesarily, could well be done more intensly and also has so many practices in it if you want to do it all that you could fill your entire day with it. I am a bit uncertain if there is benefit in then going to train with soemone else and learning more practices and then just having exactly "enough" time for each practice instead of doing more of the ones you have got. I can certainly understand the need for learning more from others if you have not yet found something that feels right for you or is powerfull enough. I can also see that even if you have found a very good main system you are happy with then it might be beneficial to find smaler add ons to do very specific things, something particualry for women or men or for a certain issue you have or something you feel needs extra focus, but I dont realy understand the benefit of cross training with 5 or 6 different high level masters that you all think has excellent systems. Personally I am absolutely in a browsing faze were I dont have a particualr system and I could change all my practices tomorow if I learnt something that realy fits and I am adjusting practices quite often attempting to find what is right and a lot of what I do right know and plan to do in the near future are stuff that seems like good things to get basics in order but eventually I would like to settle in a powerfull system. What I want to do is do vipassana and back that up with a more energeticly based system of meditation and possibly do other very specific and short qigongs for tailored needs. Say that I end up with such a combo that fits me well, would it then still be to my benefit to go cross train with Darmais Jarboux, Effie Chong and Wang Lipin? I am really asking not critiqing as there seems to be a lot of very acomplished people that have done this and benefitted from it I just would find it a bit overwhelming myself.

drew thank you for the effie chow videos, something really resonates with me watching her speak and heal people. she has good vibes for sure. i will look into her some more. and btw, your blog is great, so much great information, i will definitely be checking it out regularly.

ken sure, you can't fully "learn" female practices from a book anymore than you can learn male practices from a book. but that is the way a lot of people (like myself) start out before they find a teacher. if wang liping were to write material about it, that would be very interesting. but it most certainly does not replace a teacher. which is really the main reason i started this thread, because i would love to find a teacher. i am too visual and tactile to learn much of anything from books anyhow. school didn't work out so well for me; even though everything came to me easily, learning from books or from a chair without being able to speak to my teacher one-on-one made learning completely boring to me. i like to be able to ask a teacher questions, and have a connection with them.

markern i am familiar with jade saida. she is wonderful :wub: i have her jade egg practice/meditation CD, i really enjoy it. i plan on attending a seminar with her in early spring. regarding what you were saying about having many teachers and several practices, i have been thinking about this a lot too. i am the kind of person that tends to learn many different things, from many sources, and then feel overwhelmed and unsure what to focus on, where to start, etc etc. i have been focusing more on this lately and have decided on a few sets of practices i already know to stick with and just ignore the rest for now. i overwhelm myself too easily. i too am "in browsing mode", hoping for something to click..

i have been studying herbalism on my own for some time now too, and felt aimless, reading book after book. though i was learning a lot, some of it i didn't retain, and i had no method to my gathering of information. i looked into various herbal schools, but i have no interest in clinical herbalism. i finally found a very potent western herbalism teacher to work with, she teaches in a more traditional method, from the native & wise woman traditions. and it has made a tremendous difference in my spiritual and practical development in the field of herbalism & healing. i am still just a humble student, but at least now i feel that i have a path and am progressing. i would love to similarly find a teacher to study with in energetics, taoist alchemy... wherever the wind takes me, i am trying to stay open to all possibilities...

drew thank you for the effie chow videos, something really resonates with me watching her speak and heal people. she has good vibes for sure. i will look into her some more. and btw, your blog is great, so much great information, i will definitely be checking it out regularly.

ken sure, you can't fully "learn" female practices from a book anymore than you can learn male practices from a book. but that is the way a lot of people (like myself) start out before they find a teacher. if wang liping were to write material about it, that would be very interesting. but it most certainly does not replace a teacher. which is really the main reason i started this thread, because i would love to find a teacher. i am too visual and tactile to learn much of anything from books anyhow. school didn't work out so well for me; even though everything came to me easily, learning from books or from a chair without being able to speak to my teacher one-on-one made learning completely boring to me. i like to be able to ask a teacher questions, and have a connection with them.

markern i am familiar with jade saida. she is wonderful :wub:

I don't really know about her material but since Viggo teaches with her it must be quite good and after seing her in the video I am now completely in love with her and have to find a way to make her my wife :lol:

i have her jade egg practice/meditation CD, i really enjoy it. i plan on attending a seminar with her in early spring. regarding what you were saying about having many teachers and several practices, i have been thinking about this a lot too. i am the kind of person that tends to learn many different things, from many sources, and then feel overwhelmed and unsure what to focus on, where to start, etc etc. i have been focusing more on this lately and have decided on a few sets of practices i already know to stick with and just ignore the rest for now. i overwhelm myself too easily. i too am "in browsing mode", hoping for something to click..

i have been studying herbalism on my own for some time now too, and felt aimless, reading book after book. though i was learning a lot, some of it i didn't retain, and i had no method to my gathering of information. i looked into various herbal schools, but i have no interest in clinical herbalism. i finally found a very potent western herbalism teacher to work with, she teaches in a more traditional method, from the native & wise woman traditions. and it has made a tremendous difference in my spiritual and practical development in the field of herbalism & healing. i am still just a humble student, but at least now i feel that i have a path and am progressing. i would love to similarly find a teacher to study with in energetics, taoist alchemy... wherever the wind takes me, i am trying to stay open to all possibilities...

Are you studying to become a herbalist and or healer or is this more of a hobby. About what you say about one on one interaction with teachers. I studied in England were they, at oxford cambridge LSE and such universitites at least, have weekly one on one contact with the teacher where the teacher picks your weekly essay apart and you can talk about anything else you want. Especially at oxford and cambridge this relationship is very close. In addition they usually have what is called a personal tutor at a lot of these schools to oversee the work you do and the time you have there. Before it was called moral tutor (at oxbridge it still is :lol: ) because they were suposed to be your moral teachers and make sure you were not sneaking in to the girls hall at night and such stuff but now the function has evolved. This does not always work very well as the teachers usualy hate this stuff and I almost never saw mine but my regular teachers I had very close contact with. Not all british universities have such close follow up though so you would have to do your research about it to know for sure. Some of the american uniersities have a follow up that is just as intense but is differently organised. If you check arround you should find a couple that gives you what you need.

I don't really know about her material but since Viggo teaches with her it must be quite good and after seing her in the video I am now completely in love with her and have to find a way to make her my wife laugh.gif

yeah doesn't she just glow? lovely :)

i look forward to someday meeting her in person.

Are you studying to become a herbalist and or healer or is this more of a hobby.

it started out as something i studied to enrich my own health, but it has become something far deeper. i know this is part of my life path, and although i am not 100% certain how it will play out, i know that i need to become a healer & herbalist (one and the same to me). i have already been an unofficial herbalist in various capacities to friends and family for the past few years, and i want to continue developing this role. i have no plans to ever go back to school. but i do hope to study with teachers privately.

i currently teach the fertility awareness method, and have dreams of being a midwife someday. it is all coming together slowly, one piece of the puzzle at a time. all i know is that i want to teach women to be more in touch with their bodies, with their spirit, through natural health practices, nutrition, herbalism and so on. although i do teach some classes currently, i know my role for now is mostly that of a student. and so i seek..

yeah doesn't she just glow? lovely :)

i look forward to someday meeting her in person.

it started out as something i studied to enrich my own health, but it has become something far deeper. i know this is part of my life path, and although i am not 100% certain how it will play out, i know that i need to become a healer & herbalist (one and the same to me). i have already been an unofficial herbalist in various capacities to friends and family for the past few years, and i want to continue developing this role. i have no plans to ever go back to school. but i do hope to study with teachers privately.

i currently teach the fertility awareness method, and have dreams of being a midwife someday. it is all coming together slowly, one piece of the puzzle at a time. all i know is that i want to teach women to be more in touch with their bodies, with their spirit, through natural health practices, nutrition, herbalism and so on. although i do teach some classes currently, i know my role for now is mostly that of a student. and so i seek..

Cool. About fertility I thought you might be interested in this info about the effect of meditation on women who have problems conceiving:

Infertile women have a 42% conception rate, a 38% take-home baby rate, and decreased levels of depression, anxiety, and anger.

Journal of American Medical Women's Association. Volume 54, pages 196-8, 1999

Cool. About fertility I thought you might be interested in this info about the effect of meditation on women who have problems conceiving:

Infertile women have a 42% conception rate, a 38% take-home baby rate, and decreased levels of depression, anxiety, and anger.

Journal of American Medical Women's Association. Volume 54, pages 196-8, 1999

i knew that there were great benefits in meditation for women dealing with fertility issues, but this is a great study, thank you for sharing!

"One-hundred percent of insomnia patients reported improved sleep and 91% either eliminated or reduced sleeping medication use. "

astounding!! :D

This study compared secular and spiritual forms of meditation to assess the benefits of a spiritual intervention. Participants were taught a meditation or relaxation technique to practice for 20 min a day for two weeks. The Spiritual Meditation group had greater decreases in anxiety and more positive mood, spiritual health, and spiritual experiences than the others. They also tolerated pain almost twice as long as the other groups. Journal of Behavioral Medicine 2005 Aug;28(4):369-84

very interesting, and not surprising to me for many reasons. anyone have thoughts on this?

from this source : http://anandnirish.com/meditation_research

huh? Where did you hear that from? No such project exists as far as I know. You can't learn female practice from a book.

my husband just got done reading opening the dragon gate, i am about to start it. in one of the last chapters, the author does say that wang liping just finished writing a book on women's practices (opening the dragon gate was written in 1996 i believe) but says that it has not yet been published. so the book has already been written, it is just not printed apparently.

i would love, love, love to read this book.

better yet, i would love to one day have an opportunity to study with master wang liping someday... a girl can dream.. :rolleyes: