UTI

The white drop of bliss

I was sitting reading through the introduction of "clear light of bliss", and stumbled upon an experience they described, where the winds enter the ten doors and accumulate at the top of the head, creating a drop of white, pure bliss which then falls down the central channel, and creates a state of natural emptiness.

It was somewhat familiar to me, so I dug through a box of meditation journals, and found the following exerpts;

24/3) Same as previous page, except this time everything seemed to have a bright light surrounding it. The light was moving, and of different quality in different things. Most people had less that animals, trees had the most.

It struck the breathing points, very fast, so I could not keep up. There were some I had forgotten (picture of points on body under).

Then it positioned itself on top of the head, on a "hill", where it dripped down to the dantien. When a drop fell into the dantien, a new would follow it.

After a while it widened, and a pair of hands reached and took my dantien, lifting it up. At this point I got scared, and broke the meditation.

This experience was the culmen of a meditation I did twice a day for around two months. At the point this is written, the meditation would put me in a state like that described in the beginning of the entry for around two hours -Calm, fullness, and seeing everything as surrounded by light, and as see-through as glass.

The meditation I was doing consisted of visualizing a bright golden sphere appearing before me, and then breathing it in through a number of specific points on the body, into cavities, bones, or organs. I'm not sure why I started doing this, I think it was mostly inspirational.

Anyways, I suddenly recalled the bliss/emptiness, because I've started doing emptiness meditation again. Around the described experience I stopped doing meditation, not sure why. I think it sort of faltered because I wasn't able to recreate that culmen of the "drops", I became too focused around the experience and had to stop doing it, perhaps hoping I would pick it up again in the future. Which I probably will, now that I need the emptiness again (three kids and a two room apartment means I need to fill the store-house with all the harmony I got). I can probably get better results this time, since I wont be doing it on the 50-minute subway ride to work. Btw, totally awkward to become all jerky and blissfull on the subway at 9pm)

I'm posting it here because I figured there are lots of exciting individuals, and I was hoping someone could relate to my experience, maybe even know a system that points out the next step, or a way to conclude the experience. I've read about it in several places, mostly in relation to yoga or kalacakra tantra, but never anything telling what the use is (like natural emptiness and bliss has no use in it's own), or the next step.

peace

p.s. I can give fuller instructions for the meditation if anyone is interested, just can't be bothered to look up all the points right now.

I was sitting reading through the introduction of "clear light of bliss", and stumbled upon an experience they described, where the winds enter the ten doors and accumulate at the top of the head, creating a drop of white, pure bliss which then falls down the central channel, and creates a state of natural emptiness.

It was somewhat familiar to me, so I dug through a box of meditation journals, and found the following exerpts;

This experience was the culmen of a meditation I did twice a day for around two months. At the point this is written, the meditation would put me in a state like that described in the beginning of the entry for around two hours -Calm, fullness, and seeing everything as surrounded by light, and as see-through as glass.

The meditation I was doing consisted of visualizing a bright golden sphere appearing before me, and then breathing it in through a number of specific points on the body, into cavities, bones, or organs. I'm not sure why I started doing this, I think it was mostly inspirational.

Anyways, I suddenly recalled the bliss/emptiness, because I've started doing emptiness meditation again. Around the described experience I stopped doing meditation, not sure why. I think it sort of faltered because I wasn't able to recreate that culmen of the "drops", I became too focused around the experience and had to stop doing it, perhaps hoping I would pick it up again in the future. Which I probably will, now that I need the emptiness again (three kids and a two room apartment means I need to fill the store-house with all the harmony I got). I can probably get better results this time, since I wont be doing it on the 50-minute subway ride to work. Btw, totally awkward to become all jerky and blissfull on the subway at 9pm)

I'm posting it here because I figured there are lots of exciting individuals, and I was hoping someone could relate to my experience, maybe even know a system that points out the next step, or a way to conclude the experience. I've read about it in several places, mostly in relation to yoga or kalacakra tantra, but never anything telling what the use is (like natural emptiness and bliss has no use in it's own), or the next step.

peace

p.s. I can give fuller instructions for the meditation if anyone is interested, just can't be bothered to look up all the points right now.

Awesome, please share your meditation then.

Taoist Yoga talks about merging with the golden light, or macrocosmic alchemical agent - I believe also called the jin dan (golden elixir). (Or at least that's my fuzzy interpretation of it so far..)

But, you should not have stopped!

Good stuff. Sorry to make light of important subject matters, but reading about a white drop of bliss from a guy who goes by the name of UTI is kind of funny, given that it is the medical acronym for "urinary tract infection." :lol:

.. and accumulate at the top of the head, creating a drop of white, pure bliss which then falls down the central channel, and creates a state of natural emptiness.

.., maybe even know a system that points out the next step, or a way to conclude the experience. I've read about it in several places, mostly in relation to yoga or kalacakra tantra, but never anything telling what the use is (like natural emptiness and bliss has no use in it's own), or the next step.

When you activate the pure deep-center of any center then the vital winds are drawn there and refine. The basic idea is to do this with a number of centers, and allow some natural portion from each to be shared amongst, via the central channel. This is done in the context of Serene Concentration.

This is often talked about specifically in terms of "mixing of the red and white drops".

Bodhicitta-III-med_lg.jpg

Then there are supportive methods, that assist us to get that to occur more consistently and in orderly way. The Tibetans tend to do through deity yoga combined with that deity's mantric syllables visualized within the deep-centers. Sound and Light refine, with deity assist. B) That's the ultra-short version of it. :lol:

p.s.

From a Taoist & Chinese medicine pt of view, bai hui (top of the head) has a relationship with hui yin (center of perineum) and it's important to be attentive towards their integration and balance. :)

Hi UTI,

You sound very inspired by your practice, and have approached it with much attention to detail, which is always good. It shows a high degree of being centered and grounded. So well done there!

I am interested to know if you have any altruistic aspirations tied in to this practice. Like do you do this solely for personal improvement and cultivation, or do you have any Sattvika inclinations? Just curious.

All the best!

Edited by CowTao

Thanks for the nice responses!

Good stuff. Sorry to make light of important subject matters, but reading about a white drop of bliss from a guy who goes by the name of UTI is kind of funny, given that it is the medical acronym for "urinary tract infection." laugh.gif

Strangely no-one pointed out that when I posted in the Semen retention thread :P

When you activate the pure deep-center of any center then the vital winds are drawn there and refine. The basic idea is to do this with a number of centers, and allow some natural portion from each to be shared amongst, via the central channel. This is done in the context of Serene Concentration.

This is often talked about specifically in terms of "mixing of the red and white drops".

Then there are supportive methods, that assist us to get that to occur more consistently and in orderly way. The Tibetans tend to do through deity yoga combined with that deity's mantric syllables visualized within the deep-centers. Sound and Light refine, with deity assist. cool.gif That's the ultra-short version of it. laugh.gif

p.s.

From a Taoist & Chinese medicine pt of view, bai hui (top of the head) has a relationship with hui yin (center of perineum) and it's important to be attentive towards their integration and balance. smile.gif

Thank you for this, Trunk, I'll definately have to look into it further, it seems to be the extension of what I was doing. But still, what is the goal with mixing the red and white drops? Where does it lead, what is it's explanation? I mean, what is actually at work? I'm a very difficult customer for my deities, I want a list of ingredients on every packade they give me :s I'll definately look into it further though, and extend the practice a bit further.

"Clear light of Bliss" seems to describe a "quick and simple" sort of deity yoga, and I really like the vajrayana idea of creating a mandala of one's surroundings, so that every day becomes a sort of worship. That book spoke of creating spiritual energy from the gross (sexual) energy in the body, though, and I am definitely not disciplined enough for something such. Also, I achieved this experience completely without any sexual elements, so I don't think it's necessary -only lofty imagination and pointed focus.

I am interested to know if you have any altruistic aspirations tied in to this practice. Like do you do this solely for personal improvement and cultivation, or do you have any Sattvika inclinations? Just curious.

I do it to become a better person, find my optimal way of living and health, and become a good TCM doctor. No Sattvika inclinations, as far as I understand the concept.

Edited by UTI

Thanks for the nice responses!

Strangely no-one pointed out that when I posted in the Semen retention thread :P

Thank you for this, Trunk, I'll definately have to look into it further, it seems to be the extension of what I was doing. But still, what is the goal with mixing the red and white drops? Where does it lead, what is it's explanation? I mean, what is actually at work? I'm a very difficult customer for my deities, I want a list of ingredients on every packade they give me :s I'll definately look into it further though, and extend the practice a bit further.

"Clear light of Bliss" seems to describe a "quick and simple" sort of deity yoga, and I really like the vajrayana idea of creating a mandala of one's surroundings, so that every day becomes a sort of worship. That book spoke of creating spiritual energy from the gross (sexual) energy in the body, though, and I am definitely not disciplined enough for something such. Also, I achieved this experience completely without any sexual elements, so I don't think it's necessary -only lofty imagination and pointed focus.

I do it to become a better person, find my optimal way of living and health, and become a good TCM doctor. No Sattvika inclinations, as far as I understand the concept.

'

Dear UTI

From what you describe, this is basic Nei Dan. In a sense, what I practice as an internal alchemic method is similar. Yet my knowlege of the theory and terminology is incomplete or lacking.

What you describe as a seeing a sphere "outside" the body is the Shen collecting, either by you summoning, or by your method. Since it is supposed to be golden, I take it to be a fused or collected spiritual pill, i. e the end state.The technique described as to let the light seep through the different cavities and points is from my own experience just another way of collecting the Shen or light and fusing it with the pre and post natal energies in the cavities.

The Bodicitta practice of red and withe spheres is pararell to what I practice as fusing the red and light sparks.

You seem to be having results related to the application of your spesific method, and I cannot lead you to any next step.

In my own alchemic practice, there is essentially not a dynamic perspective at work. It is more of embodying a symbolic quality.

But again, there may be huge differences in approach and method, probably more so at the higher levels.

h

But still, what is the goal with mixing the red and white drops? Where does it lead, what is it's explanation? I mean, what is actually at work?

This (link).

Thank you Trunk, that was very informative! I hadn't made the connection between that and "turning the light around". It gave me some ideas for how I may continue, once I reattain the level of practice I was at when I left off. I just need to navigate a bit through knowledge about winds, drops, and channels in the tantric tradition, and I'm sure I can complement my work! Btw, do you have any good book/website to recommend for somesuch?

In my own alchemic practice, there is essentially not a dynamic perspective at work. It is more of embodying a symbolic quality.

What quality is that? I am very interested in knowing more. Also, what neidan/alchemy practice do you follow? Does it have a name?

Interesting that you relate the sphere to the golden pill. What I try to visualize is basically a pure, intelligent, universal energy which vibrates at a completely harmonious and altruistic light. Is the idea of "shen" the universal energy that erases the boundary of micro- and macrocosm? I have never really grasped the idea of shen... but I had the idea of the golden elixir pill in mind when I did the meditation the first time.

Thank you Trunk, that was very informative! I hadn't made the connection between that and "turning the light around". It gave me some ideas for how I may continue, once I reattain the level of practice I was at when I left off. I just need to navigate a bit through knowledge about winds, drops, and channels in the tantric tradition, and I'm sure I can complement my work! Btw, do you have any good book/website to recommend for somesuch?

What quality is that? I am very interested in knowing more. Also, what neidan/alchemy practice do you follow? Does it have a name?

Interesting that you relate the sphere to the golden pill. What I try to visualize is basically a pure, intelligent, universal energy which vibrates at a completely harmonious and altruistic light. Is the idea of "shen" the universal energy that erases the boundary of micro- and macrocosm? I have never really grasped the idea of shen... but I had the idea of the golden elixir pill in mind when I did the meditation the first time.

Hmm, tough to put into words. I guess the best would be for you to PM as not confuse.

But generally, the symbolic or static quality in Nei Dan has to do with our essential nature in the cosmos.

Just like when you see a star at a vast distance, you see its essential star quality. We humans are basically the same, and the quality of this cosmic state is what we essentially are. This unconditioined, basic nature is like a star, a spark, and this is what we cultivate in Nei Dan.

In relation to you question about Shen, this is also tricky to answer quickly. The internal alchemical practice is a process of fusing or collecting the Shen or light back into the physical presence of our being. In the beginning we collect the Shen or spirit that has seeped out of our system. We are in a sense like waning comets, leaking this Shen or light whereever we go. From one perspective you could say that this Shen is space, light and information. But it is also what we essentially are, and what our essential nature consists of. There is no "my" shen and the "cosmic" shen. Only basically the light and space of our being, our present, natural, unborn state. The Shen is also like a layer or state that is everywhere. I've gotten a glimpse of this state at times, and it is beyond words. It is almost like being in a white land. Everything in the world is bathing in this Shen or light. But it is also in an normal sense the "match" that strikes or ignites the alchemical process within the body. without collecting the Shen, no true fusion of opposites.

Again, this is NOT my complete rendition of a clear understanding. Most of this is explained to me.

h

Hmm, tough to put into words. I guess the best would be for you to PM as not confuse.

But generally, the symbolic or static quality in Nei Dan has to do with our essential nature in the cosmos.

Just like when you see a star at a vast distance, you see its essential star quality. We humans are basically the same, and the quality of this cosmic state is what we essentially are. This unconditioined, basic nature is like a star, a spark, and this is what we cultivate in Nei Dan.

In relation to you question about Shen, this is also tricky to answer quickly. The internal alchemical practice is a process of fusing or collecting the Shen or light back into the physical presence of our being. In the beginning we collect the Shen or spirit that has seeped out of our system. We are in a sense like waning comets, leaking this Shen or light whereever we go. From one perspective you could say that this Shen is space, light and information. But it is also what we essentially are, and what our essential nature consists of. There is no "my" shen and the "cosmic" shen. Only basically the light and space of our being, our present, natural, unborn state. The Shen is also like a layer or state that is everywhere. I've gotten a glimpse of this state at times, and it is beyond words. It is almost like being in a white land. Everything in the world is bathing in this Shen or light. But it is also in an normal sense the "match" that strikes or ignites the alchemical process within the body. without collecting the Shen, no true fusion of opposites.

Again, this is NOT my complete rendition of a clear understanding. Most of this is explained to me.

h

Thanks for the explanations, it sounds very familiar to me, I just haven't put names on it.

As an epilogue;

I started practicing this meditation again. At first once every couple of days, because it gave me such a hellish headache, then I stopped, because it caused me to have sex dreams every night (which eventually became tedious and bothersome). Now, however, I do it in combination with taking goji and gotu kola + meditating on emptiness twice a day, and the experience is purely beneficial.

Way back when I first did it I was in a state of very hightened yin, which is why the raising effect on yang this meditation has didn't effect me as grossly. I am a far more balanced guy now, thence the herbs (for balancing yang and raising yin).

The boddhicitta experience hasn't returned, but I can now actually sit down in full lotus, without pain, and go into emptiness to a much higher degree than before, which is enough reason for me to keep doing it! I am fairly certain that, if I keep practicing it every day, and continue to balance out the yang with yin and subliminating it into the mco and lower abdomen through circulation and emptiness meditation, I will keep having benefits from it. Also, I realized I have a book about Kalacakra tantra, which explains boddhicitta very thuroughly, from a restricted library... I can't recall fully how this book landed in my hands, but I'll just send a thank-you to manjusri and keep enjoying it :)