markern

Focusing on a particular organ with qigong

In my opinion the best exercise for spleen/stomach (and kidneys) is Wuji Qigong (hands relaxed at sides). I've also had this issue with Stomach and Spleen and have tried many, many exercises. Wuji is the best I've found for building foundation and tonifying Stomach and Spleen. It is a core exercise I keep no matter what else I decide to pracitce.

Regarding targeting specific organs in Qigong, this can be taken to a serious extreme. I know a guy who has acquired very high level material (which he didn't share with me but told me about it) that if practiced wrongly can damage that organ or cause death to the practitioner. This is a forced type of Qigong. There is a butt load of theories and practices out there. Just need to find the right people who are willing to teach it.

In my opinion the best exercise for spleen/stomach (and kidneys) is Wuji Qigong (hands relaxed at sides). I've also had this issue with Stomach and Spleen and have tried many, many exercises. Wuji is the best I've found for building foundation and tonifying Stomach and Spleen. It is a core exercise I keep no matter what else I decide to pracitce.

Regarding targeting specific organs in Qigong, this can be taken to a serious extreme. I know a guy who has acquired very high level material (which he didn't share with me but told me about it) that if practiced wrongly can damage that organ or cause death to the practitioner. This is a forced type of Qigong. There is a butt load of theories and practices out there. Just need to find the right people who are willing to teach it.

l

Edited by markern

If the spleen exercise is working wonders, keep doing it until it stops working wonders. Then you've balanced out.

After exercising, guide the energy to the dan tien so that it doesn't stagnate in the spleen.

If the spleen exercise is working wonders, keep doing it until it stops working wonders. Then you've balanced out.

After exercising, guide the energy to the dan tien so that it doesn't stagnate in the spleen.

l

Edited by markern

As a fellow practitioner to another...

I would just play around with it. Things aren't set in stone, where you must do each exercise equally. You've found what works for you, and should continue experimenting without worrying about the rules, as long as your results are good. It's not like only doing one of the brocades for a while, or doing it more than the other ones, is going to mess you up.

It's important to gather all of the energy in the dan tien when you're done practicing anything. This alone will yield great results.

• Like 1

Get that belly full of air.

You have to learn to flip your diaphragm before anything else. If you can't guide the breath into the belly, you can't collect qi. Period. Its not about imagining anything. You physically have to be able to inhale and see your belly expand. On many levels, this is the main problem with qi gong today. No descending of the qi. How can you gather qi if you cant descend it to the dantien in the first place? (That's rhetorical for the loads of chest breathers out there!)

Later on things change, but in the beginning everyone has to "reclaim" their center.

It just takes practice. We have been chest stress breathing for years. Be patient.

:)

PM sent

This is a common problem and one of the reasons why you can fry your system if you don't clean out the garbage in your lower centers first. Most of the time when I watch people practicing qi gong, there is no physical motion happening with their belly. This is the root of the whole practice. NOT imagination, but physicality. You MUST feel the qi and the surrounding tissues to understand, not imagine it.

Meditations that guide the qi up before guiding the qi down, have a tendency to cause people to go a little crazy for a while, before they cool off. This does not have to happen if they properly root the breath deep in the belly.

Ask yourself, what emotional, psychic, energetic or physical dilemma is stopping you from getting air into your belly? Why can't you be in your body? If you can't feel the qi in your stomach, then I am not sure what type of qi your are feeling; mental wind? (For the masses, not necessarily you.)

So, so important. But most commonly overlooked. Build the dantien FIRST!!!

PM sent

This is a common problem and one of the reasons why you can fry your system if you don't clean out the garbage in your lower centers first. Most of the time when I watch people practicing qi gong, there is no physical motion happening with their belly. This is the root of the whole practice. NOT imagination, but physicality. You MUST feel the qi and the surrounding tissues to understand, not imagine it.

Meditations that guide the qi up before guiding the qi down, have a tendency to cause people to go a little crazy for a while, before they cool off. This does not have to happen if they properly root the breath deep in the belly.

Ask yourself, what emotional, psychic, energetic or physical dilemma is stopping you from getting air into your belly? Why can't you be in your body? If you can't feel the qi in your stomach, then I am not sure what type of qi your are feeling; mental wind? (For the masses, not necessarily you.)

So, so important. But most commonly overlooked. Build the dantien FIRST!!!

There are other methods besides using "Breath" to build the dan tian Qi.

As I mentioned above, Wuji is excellent. Not only does it open channels, builds Qi but also detoxifies the body at the same time. Not only do we want to have good Qi but we should also get rid of Bad Qi (cold Qi, damp Qi, dirty Qi). There are many roads to the top of the mountain, breath work is only one of them.

Edited by Baguakid

You know a while back I used to do this type of qigong extensively (working on specific organs) for various reasons but just recently have starting doing it again and I think its great! I started off earlier this week working on my Spleen and that felt really good. Yesterday I did my Lungs and that made me feel really good too. Today it was the Liver which also made me feel great.

The main method I use is a combination of the inner smile and the healing sounds.

Does anyone else do much work with organs like this? If so what do you notice from it?

You are the king of reviving old threads lately! Do you have instructions for healing sounds? I have seen so many variations that I get confused. I do inner smile often, during yoga, during qigong, during small universe, on the bus, before falling asleep.

A masterful Chinese dr once went into depth with me about the spleen and how he saw it.

I can't remember much of it hahaha. But besides the emotions of honesty, not worrying, there is a wonderful one (which may be hard for you!): acceptance. To just accept where you are right now, physiclaly, emotionally, and spiritually, is wonderfully spleen-healing.

And physcial work, but if you are not physically fit (98% of us), only a little, not too much, and take regular breaks. Especially work in the outdoors, in the sun, and especially, work with the earth: digging, shovelling, planting trees.

Nothiong like a nice bit of work followed by a hearty meal and cup of black tea with rice milk ;))

Needles to say I am motivated to focus on the spleen (and solar plexus). So I did the spleen borcade many more times than the others and that felt good. Is this ok or can doing this get unbalanced?

If you are worried, it may be good to do some liver-strengthen exercises to regulate your spleen-focussed healing.

You are the king of reviving old threads lately! Do you have instructions for healing sounds? I have seen so many variations that I get confused. I do inner smile often, during yoga, during qigong, during small universe, on the bus, before falling asleep.

Yea I prefer to revive an old thread than start a new one with out looking first. I like to recycle and keep TTB's green haha.

Well the simple answer is:

Spleen: Hu

Lung: Si

Kidney: Choo

Liver: Sh

Heart:Ha

The way I usually apply them is while I'm doing the inner smile. As I'm making an organ smile, making it full of its color, if I feel "stuff" in that organ I do the sound and breathe out the junk.

I also do the sounds while doing the 8 brocades.

I see people ask about making the sounds, or not making them. Just different aspects of the practice, really - I do pretty much both. Start with the gross and work towards the subtle. Make the sounds, observe, next round, make the sounds less and focus more on the feeling - move towards a no-sound expression and working with the subtle flavor directly. Season as necessary :D

I see people ask about making the sounds, or not making them. Just different aspects of the practice, really - I do pretty much both. Start with the gross and work towards the subtle. Make the sounds, observe, next round, make the sounds less and focus more on the feeling - move towards a no-sound expression and working with the subtle flavor directly. Season as necessary :D

Yea thats a good point. I was reading that "Medical Qigong" book and it basically said to work on the organs on a physical level you make the sound on a very vocal level. To work on a more emotional level you make the sound either sub-vocally or even just mentally.

• Like 1

Yup! :) Goes right along with what I was saying in the pearl thread ;) I think I have that same medical qigong book you mentioned, it is a good one.

Edited by joeblast

Yea thats a good point. I was reading that "Medical Qigong" book and it basically said to work on the organs on a physical level you make the sound on a very vocal level. To work on a more emotional level you make the sound either sub-vocally or even just mentally.

you can add up a sort of 'energy organ massage' , like the method of liping's five element meditation, used to practice it some time ago, adds a nice touch...

you just move your hands in front of the organ, massaging an energy projection of it, else you can feel the projection of your fingers massaging deep inside the organ

• Like 1

yeahyeah! and play with mudras when you do that, see what works well - if you know the elements well, mind that in combination with the organ you're working on, some very interesting stuff there!! :)

• Like 1

yeahyeah! and play with mudras when you do that, see what works well - if you know the elements well, mind that in combination with the organ you're working on, some very interesting stuff there!! :)

Yea I throw those into the mix as well ;-)

• Like 1

i think your method is good, focusing on one organ at a time, dedicating more time to decongest it and cleanse it。 people forget too easy that purification is the most important preparation you could make for meditation。

later on if you want to toss in another element of chinese metaphyisics, watch the appropriat time for each of the organs。

there is very little that can replace having the energy in the organs balanced and replenished :)

i think your method is good, focusing on one organ at a time, dedicating more time to decongest it and cleanse it。 people forget too easy that purification is the most important preparation you could make for meditation。

later on if you want to toss in another element of chinese metaphyisics, watch the appropriat time for each of the organs。

there is very little that can replace having the energy in the organs balanced and replenished :)

Yea I just finished a nice long Kidney meditation. It actually took me a good long while to get my kidney glowing a nice blue. Its a rather depleted organ lol, but at the end kidney seemed happy. :wub:

I'm not sure why this happens from time to time, but I've spent most of the night with my heart really flaring up with desire and I've just been sitting here trying to be mindful of it while doing the heart healing sound. I think I'm finally starting to get a little sleepy though most of the night is gone. I don't really understand why this happens every so often. I did do quite a bit of Samantha today, don't know if that's somehow related.

*I suppose another clue was that today it was hard to focus on studying. With the heart housing the mind I suppose that makes sense as well.

Edited by dmattwads

the heart has many layers, 108, your gentleness has to go through each of them, when you reach the core, you are closer to...

in fact, so does the dantian, IME, the layears of organs and their specific vibrations act as gates and layers that separate the upper mind and the intuitive mind in the lower abdomen

• Like 1