sherab

Chi in Nature / Mak Tin Si

Hello.

does anybody have information about the above group/teacher?

is that teacher legit?

Hello.

is that teacher legit?

Go to google and enter this in your search field:

site:www.thetaobums.com "mak tin si"

Have fun ;)

It would be interesting to hear what someone who is in the system says about it. To me it sounds far too sectarian and sales-oriented. I bet there will be a "two grades for the price of one" special discount soon...

It would be interesting to hear what someone who is in the system says about it. To me it sounds far too sectarian and sales-oriented. I bet there will be a "two grades for the price of one" special discount soon...

definitely not legit... i got a PM advising me otherwise :)

Sherab,

I am very happy that I have found Mak Tin Si and Lau Tin Si after years of searching and am extremely proud to be their Taoism student.

If they aren't your cup of tea maybe check out advancedyogapractices.com? Yogani gets the Yoda Silver Medal award and doesn't cost a penny.

Good luck!

Tao Toe,

Yoda

To me it sounds far too sectarian and sales-oriented. I bet there will be a "two grades for the price of one" special discount soon...

You're not alone with that. My impression is - please excuse my sarcasm, meant humorously - that he always knows the current exchange rate of Dollar to Karma.

Yoda can probably tell you a lot (EDIT: Wow, he's quick! :D); He switched from Kunlun to 'MTS'. I got the impression that at least some of it is indeed legit/powerful. Probably needs a deep devotion of the target person to work though.

You know ... when do we ever get only pro's without con's in life? ;)

Edited by Hardyg

Hello.

is that teacher legit?

I personally did not like his approach or presentation when he was active on this forum.

I have no independent knowledge of his credibility or practices.

I personally did not like his approach or presentation when he was active on this forum.

I have no independent knowledge of his credibility or practices.

No offense, but i do not go to yoga sites either... taichi, yes. yoga is sanskrit for joining... this is a chinese forum. If i wanted yoga, i could become a hindu :)

Sherab,

ok, no yoga... Check.

How about this... my last trick... if you are into religious Taoism definitely read Journey to the West and the Three Kingdoms... lot's of info there!

How'd I do?

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Sherab,

ok, no yoga... Check.

How about this... my last trick... if you are into religious Taoism definitely read Journey to the West and the Three Kingdoms... lot's of info there!

How'd I do?

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Yoda - the fact you are subtlely trying to sell me something/ get me to join puts me off anymore :P But I will read the books when I get around to it. :D

EDIT: Mtybe you are just being playful and i am taking it wrong! :lol:

Edited by sherab

Yoda - the fact you are subtlely trying to sell me something/ get me to join puts me off anymore :P But I will read the books when I get around to it. :D

Yoda is a nice guy and definitely the authority on Mak Tin Si around here it seems. From what I understand, to progress you need serious $$. You could drop $1000 just to get basic stuff. There seems to be some kind of festival or event on a regular basis that requires a 'donation' of some sort. From everything I have read, Mak Tin Si seems to think everything but his lineage and method is evil.

There is no Qi Gong type training and it's all spiritual/based on entities (deities same thing). You would learn mantras and live by certain restrictions such as not eating beef. That part is common to right hand Taoism. The higher your morals (according to their standards) then more 'FAAT' you receive. FAAT is really linage/universal energy. That is how they are able to control and put conditions on it. It works exactly the same way as Tenaga Dalam\Batin etc.

A beginner might learn a mantra or poem. Then they might set up an altar. Setting up an altar provides connection to the lineage and you might also invite spirits/entities or 'deities' to the altar. Of they might say that what you are inviting is the real deity... that is were faith comes in I guess. So offerings are made daily and sometimes opening an altar can be a big deal and serious $$.

There is a cheaper option for learning this stuff then Mak Tin Si at Taoist Secret (.com I think). You can learn about FU/Talisman and Taoist magick. Wilson is a nice guy. Try Mak Tin Si out of your rich. One interesting thing though.... you might spend $3000 on a broomstick from Mak and it it does not work then it's because of your bad karma. Better buy some more FU to help with that. I went to the site to have a look at his pic but it seems you have to sign up to see the site now.

One thing I would love to know if how much it costs Yoda to get to his level, what the benefits are, and what he has had to give up. I would not trust anyone else's experiences and Yoda is a long time TB.

No offense, but i do not go to yoga sites either... taichi, yes. yoga is sanskrit for joining... this is a chinese forum. If i wanted yoga, i could become a hindu :)

Ever hear of Taoist Yoga? Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality by Charles Luk. Nice book.

Man, that sounds like Scientaology! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist the chance for a pun. :rolleyes:

and I thought his Jedi tricks only worked on the weak minded :o

Actually you won't find a nicer more honest guy then Yoda. He likes and follows MTS's brand of Taoism, ofcourse he'll give a good review. MTS is not for everyone, his system is unusual; it may well be closest we'll get to hard core, old time, authentic Religious Taoism albeit Guruish and strangely commercial (or not :) )

Michael

One thing I would love to know if how much it costs Yoda to get to his level, what the benefits are, and what he has had to give up. I would not trust anyone else's experiences and Yoda is a long time TB.

Biff,

I think it is around $500 or so to get to Stage 3... not cheap. It's on the taoismcanada.com website. I've paid for lots of other stuff but they aren't required. An altar starter setup is about $200 and is very cool... I love mine. And a modest donation (at least $1CAD) on the 1st and 15th and during Taoist holidays to the Temple is required Stage 2 and up. Stage 2 and up there are rules like no beef ever, no meat during Taoist holidays, no channeling, etc...

Simply having a path that fits with my intuition is the best benefit.

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Biff,

I think it is around $500 or so to get to Stage 3... not cheap. It's on the taoismcanada.com website. I've paid for lots of other stuff but they aren't required. An altar starter setup is about $200 and is very cool... I love mine. And a modest donation (at least $1CAD) on the 1st and 15th and during Taoist holidays to the Temple is required Stage 2 and up. Stage 2 and up there are rules like no beef ever, no meat during Taoist holidays, no channeling, etc...

Tao Toe,

Yoda

You have a pure heart and dedication. Your a good man.

Yoda is a nice guy and definitely the authority on Mak Tin Si around here it seems. From what I understand, to progress you need serious $$. You could drop $1000 just to get basic stuff. There seems to be some kind of festival or event on a regular basis that requires a 'donation' of some sort. From everything I have read, Mak Tin Si seems to think everything but his lineage and method is evil.

There is no Qi Gong type training and it's all spiritual/based on entities (deities same thing). You would learn mantras and live by certain restrictions such as not eating beef. That part is common to right hand Taoism. The higher your morals (according to their standards) then more 'FAAT' you receive. FAAT is really linage/universal energy. That is how they are able to control and put conditions on it. It works exactly the same way as Tenaga Dalam\Batin etc.

A beginner might learn a mantra or poem. Then they might set up an altar. Setting up an altar provides connection to the lineage and you might also invite spirits/entities or 'deities' to the altar. Of they might say that what you are inviting is the real deity... that is were faith comes in I guess. So offerings are made daily and sometimes opening an altar can be a big deal and serious $$.

There is a cheaper option for learning this stuff then Mak Tin Si at Taoist Secret (.com I think). You can learn about FU/Talisman and Taoist magick. Wilson is a nice guy. Try Mak Tin Si out of your rich. One interesting thing though.... you might spend $3000 on a broomstick from Mak and it it does not work then it's because of your bad karma. Better buy some more FU to help with that. I went to the site to have a look at his pic but it seems you have to sign up to see the site now.

Great Review! Very complete. I met the guy, and think your review is quite precise.

Ever hear of Taoist Yoga? Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality by Charles Luk. Nice book.

Let's not forget that the term "Yoga" is being used in Taoism for commercial reasons. It is an Indian term. Now I do not know if Yoda suggestion was for an authenthic Yoga site of for a Chinese Yoga site. But Sherab is correct in refusing something based on the fact that it could come from a different background. Yoga and Taoism use the energy according to very different principles.

Btw, there was a geeral review about Taoist Yoga in the book section. As I remember the geeral position was not exactly "nice book"... hehe.

Biff,

Tao Toe,

Yoda

You know if it wasn't for the meat vow, I would have been tempted myself. The problem is that I consider meat to be healthy. And I consider health to have a general priority over ethics (within reason, of course). After all we evolved eating meat.

But the fact of having an altar must be really good. Bruce does speak sometimes about Taoist ethics and how to find out what you should or shouldn't do. He does not go inside the altar business much. The best you can get (and it is really good), is when you are present at one of his night meditations. Where he acts in his taoist priest role.

Actually my instructor (Alan) teases me a lot about my "secret" desire to be part of a Taoist group. :rolleyes::lol::)

Great Review! Very complete. I met the guy, and think your review is quite precise.

Let's not forget that the term "Yoga" is being used in Taoism for commercial reasons. It is an Indian term. Now I do not know if Yoda suggestion was for an authenthic Yoga site of for a Chinese Yoga site. But Sherab is correct in refusing something based on the fact that it could come from a different background. Yoga and Taoism use the energy according to very different principles.

Btw, there was a geeral review about Taoist Yoga in the book section. As I remember the geeral position was not exactly "nice book"... hehe.

You know if it wasn't for the meat vow, I would have been tempted myself. The problem is that I consider meat to be healthy. And I consider health to have a general priority over ethics (within reason, of course). After all we evolved eating meat.

But the fact of having an altar must be really good. Bruce does speak sometimes about Taoist ethics and how to find out what you should or shouldn't do. He does not go inside the altar business much. The best you can get (and it is really good), is when you are present at one of his night meditations. Where he acts in his taoist priest role.

Actually my instructor (Alan) teases me a lot about my "secret" desire to be part of a Taoist group. :rolleyes::lol::)

Glad you agree... imo, there is nothing wrong with being a part of a group. :)

Glad you agree... imo, there is nothing wrong with being a part of a group. :)

hehe, I think he teases me along the lines that I am more interested in being a Taoist than in being enlightened.

(or immortal, or a real human being, or whatever) :lol:

hehe, I think he teases me along the lines that I am more interested in being a Taoist than in being enlightened.

(or immortal, or a real human being, or whatever) :lol:

Why, you can be taoist and be enlightened... after all, enlightenment and immortality are the same thing. No more rebirth = immortal... which is what enlightenment is. Removing ignorance, balancing the energies, and removing misdeeds... so no more rebirth :)

Why, you can be taoist and be enlightened... after all, enlightenment and immortality are the same thing. No more rebirth = immortal... which is what enlightenment is. Removing ignorance, balancing the energies, and removing misdeeds... so no more rebirth :)

There's still the distinction between god and buddha, that I don't fully understand. It's not clear to me what is missing in a god that is achieved in buddha nature.

Edited by Hardyg

Pietro,

I originally assumed that one had to be vegetarian to follow Mak Tin Si's path at the higher levels but it turns out that only beef, dog, eel, snake, and turtle are out of the question. And not eating any meat, eggs, and alcohol on the 1st and 15th and Taoism dates. But aside from that, eating meat is encouraged for health reasons.

It's my understanding that this is a fairly common practice within Religious Taoism.

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Pietro,

I originally assumed that one had to be vegetarian to follow Mak Tin Si's path at the higher levels but it turns out that only beef, dog, eel, snake, and turtle are out of the question. And not eating any meat, eggs, and alcohol on the 1st and 15th and Taoism dates. But aside from that, eating meat is encouraged for health reasons.

It's my understanding that this is a fairly common practice within Religious Taoism.

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Thanks Yoda, but beef is my most eaten type of meat. It's just the easiest to find at the quality that I need to eat it raw. Beside I feel I would be doing a disservice toward goats, if I were to discriminate them so badly. Thanks for the clarification, I will wait until Bruce opens up his teachings to this side too.

Pietro,

Once in awhile I'll go for some raw bacon, but that's it... raw-rr!!

Is raw a Bruce thing or just a la carte?

Tao Toe,

Yoda