RiverSnake

Taoist Instructors in Miami

I live in Miami, Fl and was wondering if any one on this site could tell me where i may find a Taoist instructor in Miami?

Hey me too :)

have you tried google?

darn google only has the mainstream stuff.

Edited by Non

Not sure what aspect of Taoism you are looking for but, there is a branch of the Taoist Tai Chi Society in Miami, also I think the Healing Tao (Mantak Chia) organization has an instructor that I know if in Hollywood, maybe some others in Miami. The enlightened fundamentalists on this board would not regard these organizations as real Taoism, if that matters to you. There is a really good internal martial arts teacher named Wei Lun Huang that teaches tai chi, bagua and liu he ba fa in a park in Miami. He has a web site. And of course Santiago's KAP includes some aspects of Taoism, plus a whole lot more...he is from Miami, and may know of other Taoists in the area.

Edited by Dainin

Hi yes i know of some.

There is myself with KAP & Hoshin Tao Chi Kung.

The Tarrago Bros. they both teach IMA & Chi kung (bagua, Taichi, Kuntau, and Emei Chi kung).

Also there is Raven Cohen she is one of Mantak's old students. And then there is Jeff Smoley (in my opinion one of the best Chinese Taoist folks down here)

Peace & best wishes

Santiago

Yea Huang looks good.

But uhm.. I dunno I recently joined a kung fu school called Kung Fu Connection to learn all forms of tai chi chuan and internal martial arts I can. They teach northern ad southern shaolin but shaolin is buddhist. Though they also teach baguazhang and xinyichuan water boxing, chi kung, supposed esoteric Hua Shan Pai Chi Kung but its expensive.

Theres another school called Divine Fist which teaches tai chi xingyi and bagua but Im not so sure of the school since the website spells taichichuan as Thai Chi. :P

Edited by Non

Hi yes i know of some.

There is myself with KAP & Hoshin Tao Chi Kung.

The Tarrago Bros. they both teach IMA & Chi kung (bagua, Taichi, Kuntau, and Emei Chi kung).

Also there is Raven Cohen she is one of Mantak's old students. And then there is Jeff Smoley (in my opinion one of the best Chinese Taoist folks down here)

Peace & best wishes

Santiago

Hey, i filled out the mailing list information on your site last night. My names Chris.

Hey, i filled out the mailing list information on your site last night. My names Chris.

my name's Chris too

Also, these guys are in South Broward (Pembroke Pines, Cooper City area):

Chinese Boxing Institute International

Last month they had some workshops with Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang of the Chen Tai Chi family.

The founder of this school studied bagua with Wang Shu Jin in Taiwan, as well as a number of other noted martial artists.