Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Chinese Shamanic Tiger Qigong

ah so Wu has finally hit the mainstream!

He'll be teaching this very lively "Tiger" form here in Asheville in late March for anyone in the area. I practice his "Fire Dragon" form every day. good stuff, he's an excellent teacher, and dear freind.

http://www.masterwu.net/

qi :-)

:rolleyes:

He is a friend of yours Jerimiah? He sound slike a pretty interesting guy an aerospace engineer and Qigong master! I probably already have enough to practice for the enxt 6 months but will probably get his DVD along with DuCane's.

ah so Wu has finally hit the mainstream!

He'll be teaching this very lively "Tiger" form here in Asheville in late March for anyone in the area.  I practice his "Fire Dragon" form every day.  good stuff, he's an excellent teacher, and dear freind.

10044[/snapback]

Michael

You been holdin out on me?

this guy is like...in my back yard and I didn't know about him.

I think I will be meeting him soon!

Thanks for everything.

I hope we can meet again in the flesh someday - now 1.5 years post China trip

Smiles

Craig

Ahhh

Here is a great quote from Master Wu about quieting the mind.

"Although there are numerous books about Qigong in both English and Chinese, the quality and content of many of them is questionable. Some of these books contain inaccurate information. Sometimes they reverse things; sometimes they catch the tips rather than the roots. For instance, some books suggest that you should try to keep your mind quiet and not think when you practice. This is not only reversed, but also completely wrong.

A quiet mind is the result of a solid Qigong practice continued over time. If a student does the practice, eventually the mind will become calm."

Exactly!

Craig

Edited by VCraigP

Wu is one of those real gems. He's a soul brother and has been there thru the turbulance of my recent life and is always sooo supportive and non-judgmental. He as Cameron noticed is a habitual over-achiever!

I helped him put together his first book in english, "Three Sources Shamanic Orbit" shortly before the NQA conference a few years ago. That form uses mudras and mantras for the microcosmic orbit with no heavy mind manipulation. This is the practice i use for the orbit. I love his forms they are very diffent than what winn teaches and everthing has it's time and place. Honesty i practice and teach Wu's forms most often.

Wu will tell you that everything that you do is qigong.

He's a master Qin player as well. We recorded a lot of music "toning" together as i tune my guitar to the tuning of the Qin. I've been thinking on making a cd of the live in the studio music and the NQA concert/meditation. It would make a great meditaion soundtrack. Also, i'm amazed at how much i can make the guitar sound like the Qin. The Qin is an extremely difficult intrument to play and i think i'll stick to guitar. If anyone is interested i could post some of the tunings.

More about the Qin, there are 7 strings, one for each element and two for heaven and earth. Playing music with the instument is musical alchemy, but isn't it all! The first time we tuned up i was like, hey so this is a pentitonic minor scale? he was like yea, and i felt right at home with it. Oddly enough, it was Jimi Hendrix that brought the pentitonic minor scale to popular music! Maybe Jimi was a reborn cosmic sage as well, oh of course he was.

Hey Craig i told you about Wu several times! He's teaching out a lot more so that is great. I'm sure you could catch him in portland. It would be great to greet you again & im sure that will happen sometime. I'm going back to China with michael in may so i'll let you know how that goes.

happy holy-days,

Anyone got Ducane's recharge? That looks pretty good.

Id love to hear some of that music Jeremiah?! Thats so cool that you are friends with a real master! Where can we find that book?

Wu is an immortal if I ever seen one!

Whos is going to check out theat Dragon Gate dvd of his on the Tiger stuff? It looks sweet! Ships Jan. 9th. I definetly would like to check that out at some point. I found it interesting how he refers to 12 joints in the body, well, 12 main ones: Wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles. Will have to remember that.

...bottom of our heart, this guy appears to be the man!

You should e-mail Wu at his website and ask if he would sell you one without attending a class. They are not expensive.

I know that last spring he taped the form so he may have it available as a dvd, which would be cool.

I'm sure you could learn it from the booklet though direct transmision is best from Wu himself plus the way he does the form is just too cool. I'd highly recommend anyone to attend one of his sessions.

Feel free to tell him that mike teeters sent you his way.

You should e-mail Wu at his website and ask if he would sell you one without attending a class.  They are not expensive.

I know that last spring he taped the form so he may have it available as a dvd, which would be cool.

I'm sure you could learn it from the booklet though direct transmision is best from Wu himself plus the way he does the form is just too cool.  I'd highly recommend anyone to attend one of his sessions.

Feel free to tell him that mike teeters sent you his way.

10065[/snapback]

Wow, ever since reading that "the meaing of the pure yang hand mudra" article on NQA's homepage I've been interested in master Wu's teachings. Jeremiah, if you don't mind I'll try contacting him too and ask wether I can also buy that book from him.

Regards

/Chris.

Thanks Jeremiah,

I will send him an email, I would love to attend his seminar but I reside in Sydney, Australia, but on my next trip to the USA I will look him up.

Dan

Sign in to follow this