Non

afraid of being a tao bum

I got schoo and work and I want to study my "own things" ie self help and spiritual development. and I dont even have to work all that much if I could focus on getting scholarships, but I don't want to look like a bum. I have no social life anyways.. and Im afraid of being seen as a loner who does nothing but stay home. If I have no job.. I am more afraid of stepping outside my home except if it's to look for a job. I feel like I have no energy no time (my sleep schedule is also crazy, but also my job has me working late hours). I feel like I have no time for any kind of practices.

and my dad sees that everything I do which is related to taoism and cultivation, etc. is a complete waste of time. Well he grew up in a different time than I. would probably be different if I had no parents. His chi kung practices were his social life and girlfriend but he also was kind of fortunate to have that, but now he's a drug user who scoffs at anything and everything . how will i ever get a girlfriend if I spend all my time focusing on trying to improve myself through spiritual practices,because physical practices don't work too well for me, and Im already trapped in physical imbalances such that perhaps nothing can work for me,, not even physical. so my only choice is the other aspect but I lack the time and resources (it seems). This society is all based on just materialism and selfishness. one would be a bum to focus on his inner aspects but has to be denied love and a social life because society sees him as a waste of space on this planet.

unless of course you are really powerful, and also wealthy such that you can do things differently.

I dont even have much time or enerfgy for school (college). I feel like if I dont improve myself I wont get anywhere, but I dont have much time to really collect myself. school is just concerned with purely material things and external things. or perhaps too intellectual? well it's too much in one area and too little. there's no self development. everything is leisure (yet to me it shouldn't be leisure but more of a required thing, because without it, you wont get anywhere in school either).

so yea just a tug of war between a purely mundane life of external superficiality and the more purely internal stuff when they should be in balance in harmony, its just that this society is very much one-sided, such that one has to become a renunciate to seek the spiritual life, or one has to be purely material to get things in life.

Im afraid of going outside just to enjoy nature because of SOCIAL ANXIETY.

this society is all one sided. one must renounce the worldly life, or one must be purely focused on the external and material things.

Edited by Non

Kidney weakness is the cause of fear. You could eat more meat maybe.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/film/?Film=5..._In_the_Shadows

I got schoo and work and I want to study my "own things" ie self help and spiritual development. and I dont even have to work all that much if I could focus on getting scholarships, but I don't want to look like a bum. I have no social life anyways.. and Im afraid of being seen as a loner who does nothing but stay home. If I have no job.. I am more afraid of stepping outside my home except if it's to look for a job. I feel like I have no energy no time (my sleep schedule is also crazy, but also my job has me working late hours). I feel like I have no time for any kind of practices.

and my dad sees that everything I do which is related to taoism and cultivation, etc. is a complete waste of time. Well he grew up in a different time than I. would probably be different if I had no parents. His chi kung practices were his social life and girlfriend but he also was kind of fortunate to have that, but now he's a drug user who scoffs at anything and everything . how will i ever get a girlfriend if I spend all my time focusing on trying to improve myself through spiritual practices,because physical practices don't work too well for me, and Im already trapped in physical imbalances such that perhaps nothing can work for me,, not even physical. so my only choice is the other aspect but I lack the time and resources (it seems). This society is all based on just materialism and selfishness. one would be a bum to focus on his inner aspects but has to be denied love and a social life because society sees him as a waste of space on this planet.

unless of course you are really powerful, and also wealthy such that you can do things differently.

I dont even have much time or enerfgy for school (college). I feel like if I dont improve myself I wont get anywhere, but I dont have much time to really collect myself. school is just concerned with purely material things and external things. or perhaps too intellectual? well it's too much in one area and too little. there's no self development. everything is leisure (yet to me it shouldn't be leisure but more of a required thing, because without it, you wont get anywhere in school either).

so yea just a tug of war between a mundane life of purely external superficialities and the more internal stuff.

Im afraid of going outside just to enjoy nature. because thats BS its all about work work work. and hard life. can't relax.

im vegan..

No wonder you're so screwed up. j/k :D

"Practice" and school/work don't have to be two separate and opposing things. Thinking this way is probably just because of some fantasy. There is always something you can practice, even if you don't have time to do "formal" practice. If you don't have oppurtunity to do formal practice now, you can try to make it possible in the future (like finishing school, getting a job and saving some money).

And in general if your "internal stuff" is in order, so will be your external.

Vegan is great -- just so you know -- say if you're dad is NOT vegan and he's riding on you -- I mean there's a reason men eat meat. haha. It's even recommended in Taoist Yoga to rebuild your jing energy.

I was vegan/vegetarian for 15 years and would still be so but my parents eat meat and think being vegetarian is some sort of cult. Also I do get extra energy from meat which I then turn into chi energy. I just have to drink THREE CUPS OF VINEGAR a day to counteract all the bacteria. haha.

im vegan..

I doubt that your diet is the problem as long as you are getting enough protein.

Focus might be part of it.

And variety is the spice of life. Eat well, be active, interact with other people. Shit! Just live!

(Yeah, get the education. That's important. And be a spiritual person. That's important too. But have fun! That too is important.)

Peace & Love!

im vegan..

When the great czar Peter the First came to visit a city or town they fired cannons to salute his approach, as a matter of routine etiquette. Now he arrives in a little remote town to inspect some military installations there and there's no salute. The angry czar demands an explanation of the town authorities. The guys in charge fall on their knees trembling and begin explaining. Your majesty, there's exactly sixteen reasons why the cannons didn't fire. Number one, we have no gunpowder... The czar interrupts them with a laugh and says, "that's one reason that makes it unnecessary for me to find out about the other fifteen."

Edited by Taomeow

Is soy healthy?

It is child abuse to feed a baby soy formula. A baby fed soy will receive, through the phytoestrogens, the equivalent of approximately 5 birth control pills ...

www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/soy.htm

100 grams of soy = 1 birth control pill.

OH YE GREAT ANGEL OF DA TAO DA WAY INITIATE THIS NON (BUM) INTO DA PATH OF SUPREME (TAO) BUMMNESS, BY WAY OF YE EVERLASTING POWER. MAY HIS NEWFOUND BUMNESS SURPASS DAT OF ALL DA IMMORTALS OF LORE. MAY LAO-TZU HIMSELF CANNONIZE HIM WITH THE IMMORTALITY EXLIXXXERS AND MAY 10,000 VIRGINS DESCEND FROM THE HEAVENS AND SECURE HIS FAITH IN DA GREAT PATH. MAY ALL TAO BUMS OF THE 3 TIMES GIVE THE TAOBUM HAND SALUTE AS LAID DOWN BY DA OLD PROPHETS IN DA BUM CODEX AS A GESTURE OF INITIATION AND MAY THIS HERE FORMERLY (NON) BUM BE ELEVATED TO THE LEVEL OF (TAO) BUM. MAY THIS HERE NEW (NON) BUM UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER INITIATION THERE BE NO SUCH GOING BACK, AND IF HE BREAKETH ANY OF DA 108 TAO BUM RESTIRCTIONS (SUCH AS PROFANING DA CHIA DOCTRINE O' SEMEN RETENTION) THAT HE WILL BURN IN DA AVITCHI AND HAVE UNDERFED CRAB LIKE CREATURES PINCH AT HIS GONADAL REGIONS FOR ETERNITY.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

BYE BYE NOW!

ALEXIU-MAHA-LINGALAM-YONI-PENETRATUS-MAXIMUS

but seriously I have the same dilemma as I young person I am deceiding on what to do with my life. I also have my problems, and for me the best thing is to find balance.

my advice to you would be to sort your life out, make a word document and write everything down you want to possibly do with your life and think to yourself how you can best acheive those things. With cultivation its easy to make unrealistic goals especially if you need to do a lot to make it materialistically speaking.

What helped me was to change my viewpoints on materialism. I used to be very anti-material if that makes any sense, but you have to realize that material wealth is in fact a spiritual virtue in a way, because it can allow you to have the time and resources to help others and yourself, if you renounce everything and become a monk or whatever sure you can help yourself, but will you be able to help your parents when they get old?

my advice would to be to first sort your life out make a plan and work hard for it to make sure you are materially well off (and different people of corse have different material needs)

Most people can find an occupation that at least intrests them a little bit. and living a moderate lifestyle, eating good, and getting some excercise can do wonders for your body even if you dont seriously cultivate. In my experience it is difficult to cultivate well when you are worried about where you are going with your future, but then again everyone is different and for some this wont effect their cultivation too much

Is soy healthy?

It is child abuse to feed a baby soy formula. A baby fed soy will receive, through the phytoestrogens, the equivalent of approximately 5 birth control pills ...

www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/soy.htm

100 grams of soy = 1 birth control pill.

I don't eat soy.

So the arguments against vegetarianism is based on philosophy rather than science?

If I get all the nutrition I need from vegan foods why do I have to rely on meat?

but seriously I have the same dilemma as I young person I am deceiding on what to do with my life. I also have my problems, and for me the best thing is to find balance.

my advice to you would be to sort your life out, make a word document and write everything down you want to possibly do with your life and think to yourself how you can best acheive those things. With cultivation its easy to make unrealistic goals especially if you need to do a lot to make it materialistically speaking.

What helped me was to change my viewpoints on materialism. I used to be very anti-material if that makes any sense, but you have to realize that material wealth is in fact a spiritual virtue in a way, because it can allow you to have the time and resources to help others and yourself, if you renounce everything and become a monk or whatever sure you can help yourself, but will you be able to help your parents when they get old?

my advice would to be to first sort your life out make a plan and work hard for it to make sure you are materially well off (and different people of corse have different material needs)

Most people can find an occupation that at least intrests them a little bit. and living a moderate lifestyle, eating good, and getting some excercise can do wonders for your body even if you dont seriously cultivate. In my experience it is difficult to cultivate well when you are worried about where you are going with your future, but then again everyone is different and for some this wont effect their cultivation too much

I'm not saying that I want to deny the material. I'm saying that western society is very much one-sided, ie lacking the other side.

I guess.. another thing that has worried me is that life is short.. and I feel I'm in a rush to do things because well all the girls are going to grow old and I'm going to grow old and I'm never going to have a girlfriend (like my past) and i need to become powerful quickly otherwise in my current state girls are absolutely REPULSED and cast me out..

lol

Edited by Non

I guess.. another thing that has worried me is that life is short.. and I feel I'm in a rush to do things because well all the girls are going to grow old and I'm going to grow old and I'm never going to have a girlfriend (like my past) and i need to become powerful quickly otherwise in my current state girls are absolutely REPULSED and cast me out..

I don't get it. Girls are "repulsed" because you're not powerful?

And what exactly do you mean with powerful?

But otherwise, you talk about the west being focused just on one side, and it seems to me that here you are focusing exactly on that side.

Also, stop masturbing excessivelly (if you're doing that).

I don't eat soy.

So the arguments against vegetarianism is based on philosophy rather than science?

If I get all the nutrition I need from vegan foods why do I have to rely on meat?

I agree. If you have a healthy diet without meat then there is no problem.

I'm not saying that I want to deny the material. I'm saying that western society is very much one-sided, ie lacking the other side.

lol

Just be careful. There's a saying: Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

I agree that even though materialism sucks sometimes (if we take it to the extremes) we do need have those things that satisfy our physical needs (and wants in many cases) so that we have the time and freedom to seek out means of enjoyment.

Yes, the girls. Life is a lot more fun when we are young if we have a true friend and lover. And most girls are somewhat materialist so yeah, you need to have the things the girls want.

There is time for everything, we just have to prioritize those things that are important to us.

Best Wishes.

Peace & Love!

Non if you want a girlfriend you just need to store up your jing energy and sublimate into your brain. If your voice is deep and strong then your jing is stored up. After that it's just hormones -- just make yourself available and be yourself and girls will chase after you.

If you worry too much that means you're pancreas needs strengthening -- too much sugar damages the pancreas.

As for diet -- it depends on the person. If they need fortifying -- meat is just concentrated calories -- sure it's bad for you. I would definitely stick to your diet if you can.

The first type of blockage is emotional but the second is nutrition so the too are closely related.

I don't eat soy.

lol

Non if you want a girlfriend you just need to store up your jing energy and sublimate into your brain. If your voice is deep and strong then your jing is stored up. After that it's just hormones -- just make yourself available and be yourself and girls will chase after you.

If you worry too much that means you're pancreas needs strengthening -- too much sugar damages the pancreas.

As for diet -- it depends on the person. If they need fortifying -- meat is just concentrated calories -- sure it's bad for you. I would definitely stick to your diet if you can.

The first type of blockage is emotional but the second is nutrition so the too are closely related.

Exactly! I need to sublimate. That's why I desperately need to learn to sublimate my jing energy! It's also been hard to store it also because...

well here's the thing. I like to believe that thinking and meditating on the idea of being with a girl can build a connection to her. Which also kinda turns me on. That and I do jelqing practices. Kinda hard to do both if you want your pre-natal chi to stay pre-natal and not turn into post-natal seeking to come out. Or am I mixing things up? Can i still sublimate it when it's in the post-natal state?

Also, is there a difference between pre/post natal Chi and Jing?

and Im afraid of being seen as a loner who does nothing but stay home.

If you are financially independent and well, females will be drawn to you, no worries.

Financial stability will help with your school and spiritual growth.

If you are financially independent and well, females will be drawn to you, no worries.

Financial stability will help with your school and spiritual growth.

yea I can't really be financially stable right now. until I perhaps can get a scholarship.

Here's what Vortex says on that:

According to Taoist Yoga, this happens by converting your prenatal jing to prenatal yang qi. But if you have sexual thoughts, your prenatal jing will convert to postnatal jing and seek to drain out. So, you may have already gone down the wrong fork of the road at this point...even if you retain. Or at least, that's my foggy understanding of it so far...

So yeah I say no physical contact -- just sublimate and purify.

Exactly! I need to sublimate. That's why I desperately need to learn to sublimate my jing energy! It's also been hard to store it also because...

well here's the thing. I like to believe that thinking and meditating on the idea of being with a girl can build a connection to her. Which also kinda turns me on. That and I do jelqing practices. Kinda hard to do both if you want your pre-natal chi to stay pre-natal and not turn into post-natal seeking to come out. Or am I mixing things up? Can i still sublimate it when it's in the post-natal state?

well here's the thing. I like to believe that thinking and meditating on the idea of being with a girl can build a connection to her.

Stop believing this. It might create a connection, but not really the kind you want. Getting in the realm of black magick is also not far away with this thinking.

I don't get it. Girls are "repulsed" because you're not powerful?

And what exactly do you mean with powerful?

Here's what Vortex says on that:

According to Taoist Yoga, this happens by converting your prenatal jing to prenatal yang qi. But if you have sexual thoughts, your prenatal jing will convert to postnatal jing and seek to drain out. So, you may have already gone down the wrong fork of the road at this point...even if you retain. Or at least, that's my foggy understanding of it so far...

So yeah I say no physical contact -- just sublimate and purify.

does that mean my jelqs have to suffer too? I've been doing it with my morning wood instead of trying to stimulate myself.

Why? because stimulating myself causes the prenatal to become post natal which causes a buildup in the perineum which I can feel stagnates there and hurts... like pipes being clogged.

So there...

I think its probably not a good idea to approach sexual sublimation if you are new to meditation and energetic practices. It is an advanced practice. Just reduce your sexual thinknig and masturbation practices. I personally think jelqing can be very dangerous so i would be careful with that as well. Thinking about women a lot especially if you have a particular woman in mind has caused me more harm then it ever did good. thats just my experience and it may or may not apply to you

I think you are worried too much about getting a girl, that you probably act very nervous around girls you find somewhat attractive. If this is the case then girls will think you are weird, and wont be attracted to you. From your posts it sounds like you are really worried about this and you come off with a tone of desperation. If a feminile being of any species detects a hint of desperation in you she will 99% turn you away, thats just how they are. You dont need to be really powerful or wealthy in my experience its more important that you dont act desperate and have confidence

the trick is to first make friends with many girls that you from the beginning have no intention to do anything with, that way you learn how to be comfortable around them, you learn how they act, what they want etc. And always when you do go after a girl try not to develop emotions for her until you are with her otherwise you might become real desperate and might have trouble talking to her the way you would want to. Its best to try and get with her, but also realize if you get rejected its no big deal. This way you care less and if you dont care you act like yourself and things go smoooth.

also about geting old.....older guys usually get with younger girls, thats just the way our society is set up. so dont worry too much about that

best wishes

I think its probably not a good idea to approach sexual sublimation if you are new to meditation and energetic practices. It is an advanced practice. Just reduce your sexual thinknig and masturbation practices. I personally think jelqing can be very dangerous so i would be careful with that as well. Thinking about women a lot especially if you have a particular woman in mind has caused me more harm then it ever did good. thats just my experience and it may or may not apply to you

I think you are worried too much about getting a girl, that you probably act very nervous around girls you find somewhat attractive. If this is the case then girls will think you are weird, and wont be attracted to you. From your posts it sounds like you are really worried about this and you come off with a tone of desperation. If a feminile being of any species detects a hint of desperation in you she will 99% turn you away, thats just how they are. You dont need to be really powerful or wealthy in my experience its more important that you dont act desperate and have confidence

the trick is to first make friends with many girls that you from the beginning have no intention to do anything with, that way you learn how to be comfortable around them, you learn how they act, what they want etc. And always when you do go after a girl try not to develop emotions for her until you are with her otherwise you might become real desperate and might have trouble talking to her the way you would want to. Its best to try and get with her, but also realize if you get rejected its no big deal. This way you care less and if you dont care you act like yourself and things go smoooth.

also about geting old.....older guys usually get with younger girls, thats just the way our society is set up. so dont worry too much about that

best wishes

VERY true. I do focus on girls a lot and become nervous but I've always had social anxiety. debilitating social anxiety which I believe stems from the fact that I've never had a girlfriend. Of course I'm nervous around girls. I've never had a girlfriend. Of course I'll never have a girlfriend, I've never had one to begin with!

Its a paradox. Girls don't like you if you have no experience. People don't befriend you if you have no friends. Not just that, but you can't really get friends if you've had no experience in getting friends in the younger life, and now that Im old it's much harder because, I'm an adult. I was supposed to have already learned how to. Learning now just belittles me in other people's eyes.

About the guys going for the younger girls... well. it's actually the way I think women set things up. They always go for the older guys.. and the younger guys don't get jack unless they are fortunate enough.

I also never liked the fact that women are so selective (yet unconsciously too) and that they prize DISPLAY of confidence and DISPLAY of authority rather than true confidence and true authority. so... girls turning a guy who's desperate for love BECAUSE he is actually deprived of it.. is illogical, because girls like to go with feelings regardless of logic. it just has to 'feel good'. what if the feelings they get is just an empathic sense of the person they are feeling and not necessarily a "gut feeling to turn away from those who need love". The feeling they get is a feeling of their own suffering, not necessarily a gut feeling to turn away from them! Perhaps the only thing they need is love and acceptance.

And yea.. I do give love and acceptance. Kinda hard for me to like myself the way I am (not because of the way I am but more of the situation I am in) but I do accept others. It's not true that one can't learn to love without having first loving themselves. That's just the way people want to believe. One can also learn to love themselves by loving others. I just dont get and am confused about those who run away from people because they need help, because it's what's "in" and because they are following some voice in their head that tells them what to do but perhaps they dont know it's origins.

and of course I have my faults too.

Edited by Non

yeah you gotta meditate more and full-lotus will reverse the climax

does that mean my jelqs have to suffer too? I've been doing it with my morning wood instead of trying to stimulate myself.

Why? because stimulating myself causes the prenatal to become post natal which causes a buildup in the perineum which I can feel stagnates there and hurts... like pipes being clogged.

So there...

VERY true. I do focus on girls a lot and become nervous but I've always had social anxiety. debilitating social anxiety which I believe stems from the fact that I've never had a girlfriend. Of course I'm nervous around girls. I've never had a girlfriend. Of course I'll never have a girlfriend, I've never had one to begin with!

Its a paradox. Girls don't like you if you have no experience. People don't befriend you if you have no friends. Not just that, but you can't really get friends if you've had no experience in getting friends in the younger life, and now that Im old it's much harder because, I'm an adult. I was supposed to have already learned how to. Learning now just belittles me in other people's eyes.

About the guys going for the younger girls... well. it's actually the way I think women set things up. They always go for the older guys.. and the younger guys don't get jack unless they are fortunate enough.

I also never liked the fact that women are so selective (yet unconsciously too) and that they prize DISPLAY of confidence and DISPLAY of authority rather than true confidence and true authority. so... girls turning a guy who's desperate for love BECAUSE he is actually deprived of it.. is illogical, because girls like to go with feelings regardless of logic. it just has to 'feel good'. what if the feelings they get is just an empathic sense of the person they are feeling and not necessarily a "gut feeling to turn away from those who need love". The feeling they get is a feeling of their own suffering, not necessarily a gut feeling to turn away from them! Perhaps the only thing they need is love and acceptance.

And yea.. I do give love and acceptance. Kinda hard for me to like myself the way I am (not because of the way I am but more of the situation I am in) but I do accept others. It's not true that one can't learn to love without having first loving themselves. That's just the way people want to believe. One can also learn to love themselves by loving others. I just dont get and am confused about those who run away from people because they need help, because it's what's "in" and because they are following some voice in their head that tells them what to do but perhaps they dont know it's origins.

and of course I have my faults too.

None of this has to do with wanting to cultivate. You say you are against materialism and selfishness, but everything you have said is centered around material desires. You speak of love and acceptance but is afraid you'll never have a girlfriend, a sign of desperation. Making seeping judgments about women in general is alarming. You also seem to have many insecurities and is deferring to spiritual content in order to validate yourself. Oh wait, you need to become "powerful" or something. :mellow: .

Learn how to fulfill yourself. Be independent, so to know that you can truly give something to another person without wanting anything in return. Not money, relationships, friendships, or favors. People will naturally come to you and appreciate what you have to offer.

I personally don't think you need to set a time to cultivate, but need to re evaluate your societal views, habits, and priorities. It is in ways more difficult than sitting meditation. :) .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes