Under_the_North_Star

Looking for a system for health and longevity..

Hi everybody :D

I'm a young man living in cold backwoods of Northern Europe. I have been interested in qigong/yoga for years now, but the problem is that I don't know which style to really start. As far I have tried this and that for some time..

I don't want to combine one exercise from one style and another exercise from some other style and then live according to some third philosophy, but want to find a complete system that I can practice for years with good results. And with results I mean good health and longevity.

Also, I have to honest with myself and admit that if these good results needs hours and hours of practice everyday it's not my style. I can practise everyday, but I'm a MD and I have a wife so I need time also for work, sports and family.

I will appreciate a lot if someone here can help me to find my way.

Yours,

Under The North Star

Ya Mu's Stillness Movement seems like a good choice for you. "Ya Mu" is Michael's screenname on here. You can find info at:

http://www.qigongamerica.com/

His website is kind of weird right now...maybe it's being updated.

I haven't personally trained with him yet (plan to), but can see the value of what he does.

By the way, I like how you have your priorities straight...work, sports and family are all great things which shouldn't be sacrificed for a spiritual path. That is awesome.

Welcome!

Hi everybody :D

I'm a young man living in cold backwoods of Northern Europe. I have been interested in qigong/yoga for years now, but the problem is that I don't know which style to really start. As far I have tried this and that for some time..

I don't want to combine one exercise from one style and another exercise from some other style and then live according to some third philosophy, but want to find a complete system that I can practice for years with good results. And with results I mean good health and longevity.

Also, I have to honest with myself and admit that if these good results needs hours and hours of practice everyday it's not my style. I can practise everyday, but I'm a MD and I have a wife so I need time also for work, sports and family.

I will appreciate a lot if someone here can help me to find my way.

Yours,

Under The North Star

Welcome to TB!

I'm also living in the cold backwoods of Northern Europe. Which in and of itself is a good start.

Personally I feel this site is not the best place to look for a teacher or a practice. You'll find good teachers elsewhere, but this is a great place to seek out practical advice regarding basic practice of Daoist arts.

Actually, the very best practice is also simple and basic.

We all have our personal preferences, but my only advice is to ask people here that you feel correspond with your way of percieving things. Then a choice of practice will come naturally.

h