Sign in to follow this  
Adventure1

Tao, every day life & how much is political,

Hi Adventure1,

Before I can properly respond I need to know what you mean by 'political'.

I think this might be an interesting thread but I think it would be good to define word usage first.

Peace & Love!

Hi Adventure1,

Okay, so what I am seeing is that you are suggesting that our interaction with society (all others of the world) is based in politics.

I will agree with this if we are talking about why we interact with those that we do interact with. Art and music? Sure The artists are trying to prestent us with a message, most often to see things the way they see them. The laws of societies? Absolutely. Religions as well - I think they can be vaguely considered political organizations because they serve the same purpose as laws - control of the people.

But I wouldn't include those things a person does for their own personal benefit when it does not involve any other person. I don't think that these types of activities can be considered political. So I think that if what we do is totally unrestricted by external forces we wouldn't call these activities political.

I will agree that the spiritual aspect of our essence is beyond political control. Even if we are capable of logical, rational thought these too would be beyond the reaches of the political. And all our activities that are beyond the eyes of society would also be beyond the reaches of the political.

So even though I would agree that the political has reached into most parts of the individual's life there are still plenty of opportunities for a person to express their free will (freedom of choice).

But we must fight for our freedom just as more often than not we must fight before peace can be had.

(Am I going where your thoughts were with your initial post?)

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this