karen

Karen's collection

After having sold a few hundred books on amazon, I still have way too many! Here are a few books, audios and videos I can lend: (titles are books unless otherwise indicated)

All Sickness is Home Sickness -- Dianne M. Connelly.

5-element acupuncture and philosophy

Secrets of the Tai Chi Circle -- Luke Chan

The Tai Chi Journey -- John Lash

The Book of Five Rings -- Miyamoto Musashi

108 Insights into Tai Chi Chuan

Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao -- Mantak Chia

Awaken Healing Light -- Mantak and Maneewan Chia

The Inner Art of Meditation -- Jack Kornfield (Vipassana)

audio cassette album

The Way of Chi Kung -- Ken Cohen

audio cassette album

Fusion of Five Elements II and III -- Mantak Chia

audio tapes

Chi Kung for Health -- Terry Dunn

Volume 2, Eight Seated Meditations

VHS

Essential Exercises from China -- Chungliang Al Huang

VHS

Living Tao Tai Ji Video Series #1 Five Elements -- Chungliang Al Huang

VHS

Chi Kung for Health -- Terry Dunn

Volume 2, Eight Seated Meditations

VHS

Essential Exercises from China -- Chungliang Al Huang

VHS

Living Tao Tai Ji Video Series #1 Five Elements -- Chungliang Al Huang

VHS

Awesome! Id be interested to take a look at these three! I have heard very good things about Huang. Dunn's stuff is okay, right? Nothing special?

Awesome! Id be interested to take a look at these three! I have heard very good things about Huang. Dunn's stuff is okay, right? Nothing special?

10020[/snapback]

Al Huang -- I love the guy. Was around him a bit back in 1980 at Esalen. I worked in the kitchen there for a few months, and on my breaks I would go into the workshop room where there was a piano, and improvise. One time I was playing and workshop participants began to arrive, so I stopped playing. Then Al appeared out of nowhere (so light on his feet!) and told me to continue, and everyone was spontaneously dancing to the music. One of those transcendent moments I'll never forget.

I barely know tai chi at all, but I know when I meet someone who embodies it. Some think that Huang is more of a dancer than tai chi/qigong teacher.. I have no idea, but I know he inspires me.

Right now I have my DVD player hooked up and not my VCR, and some day I will go back and see these old videos, but am glad to share them in the meantime.

As for Dunn, good but "nothing special" was my feeling too. I bought this one because I thought it would be easier for me to do seated exercises, but I underestimated how fatiguing the arm movements can be!

I don't mind sending the three, and would be interested to hear your impressions of all of them. PM me your address.

Karen

Al Huang -- I love the guy. Was around him a bit back in 1980 at Esalen. I worked in the kitchen there for a few months, and on my breaks I would go into the workshop room where there was a piano, and improvise. One time I was playing and workshop participants began to arrive, so I stopped playing. Then Al appeared out of nowhere (so light on his feet!) and told me to continue, and everyone was spontaneously dancing to the music. One of those transcendent moments I'll never forget.

I barely know tai chi at all, but I know when I meet someone who embodies it. Some think that Huang is more of a dancer than tai chi/qigong teacher.. I have no idea, but I know he inspires me.

Right now I have my DVD player hooked up and not my VCR, and some day I will go back and see these old videos, but am glad to share them in the meantime.

As for Dunn, good but "nothing special" was my feeling too. I bought this one because I thought it would be easier for me to do seated exercises, but I underestimated how fatiguing the arm movements can be!

I don't mind sending the three, and would be interested to hear your impressions of all of them. PM me your address.

Hello Karen,

I am intersted in some titles. I would be more than happy to transfer any ones that are on VHS to DVD for you. PM me and let me know.

Thanks,

Tommy

Karen

Most of mine listed here are either lent out or MIA in my last move, unfortunately. Grand Trinity, if you're still around, let me know.

Edited by karen