Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Tale of the Gods

So search for "Creation of the Gods (Library of Chinese Classics: Chinese-English: 4 Volumes) (Library Binding)"

on amazon to see the copy I settled on with its generally positive reviews. I'm sure there's a pdf out there, but thought this set looked good.

Just started it. The Goddess just sent the demoness to be King Zhou's wife and make him so mean that the people will turn on him and end his rule... sort of the case of evil snowballing out of control and finally burning itself out.

I'm mostly interested in the role of Geung Tai Gung as coordinator between the three realms to finally remove the dynasty from power.

Tao Toe,

Yoda

So this is the story of the fall of the Shang Dynasty.

I finally got some time to sit down and read some more... now I'm up to the point where the demon possessing Daji, the Emperor's fav consort, frames the Empress in an attempt to overthrow her.

Plenty of people have told the king that Daji is bad news but the king only listens to her. A taoist gave the king a wooden sword to hang up in his palace to kill off all the recent demon activity in the palace. The Emperor does but then notices that Daji is dying and she said that he had to take down the sword... that the Taoist was actually an evil sorceror and is trying to kill her. The emperor takes down the sword and she gets better immediately so he thinks that proves she was right!

The Emperor ignores his advisors' appeals to put Daji aside and to attend to affairs of state but he has started torturing them using devices Daji has devised!

Daji's demon has been training for 100s of years and is having an easy go of manipulating everyone and is making a move to have the Queen framed and ousted. Hopefully not tortured too!!!

The Emperor is dizzy now... his moral foundations and ability to think straight are gone... just a matter of time for the dynasty to fall apart and the Zhou Dynasty to arise...

Just finished it! Great book! Really an incredible story of Geung Tai Gung going from mere peasant to total genius super Taoist advisor, prime minister, warrior, and military commander. And finally he transformed the fallen into Taoism Gods...

Interesting to see who made it to Godhood... many warriors from both sides did, his ex-wife who left him did, the evil king did, but the demoness Daji wasn't mentioned.

The names the new Gods were given were pretty interesting too... the star of universal muddling dipper... what's that?

There is a youtube in Chinese of the story out there somewhere, so I'll check that out at some point too.

here's a trailer:

Sign in to follow this