Nilo

Breath Qigong: Transforming the Energy of Negativity

Great post Nilo, thanks. I agree that the stories we tell ourselves are the 'invisible' source of negativity. I had a breakthrough realization about this when my (Buddhist) therapist mentioned it, and I realized, "Hey, I don't have to feel this way!" It's not just negativity, though, but also about limitation and possibility and happiness. I'm looking forward to working with the breath in the way he describes.

Great post Nilo, thanks. I agree that the stories we tell ourselves are the 'invisible' source of negativity. I had a breakthrough realization about this when my (Buddhist) therapist mentioned it, and I realized, "Hey, I don't have to feel this way!" It's not just negativity, though, but also about limitation and possibility and happiness. I'm looking forward to working with the breath in the way he describes.

a lot of the times I tell myself that the reasons I should feel negativity are founded upon by biology and science. :blink:

the human body can only take so much... unless of course we have integrated ourselves to the point where we can become immune. but we can't throw ourselves into the lion's den without first training ourselves. this is important.

I often feel estranged by people when they talk about 'positivity', etc. in telling me that I'm being so negative, and all I have to do is "be positive". Well duh! If only I knew a systematic approach, of how, and how to counteract all the reasoning of the analytical mind.

Some of these people have the 'holier than thou' attitude even, to think that anyone who has problems are that way because they are 1. extremely selfish, and 2. immoral/evil/possessed, or 3. morons, or just someone who is lazy, childish, 'knows fully well the wrong they do yet still do it', irresponsible, etc. But in judging a "negative" person, aren't they also being "negative" in a way? Just what is "negative" in the first place? Isn't it according to the eye of the beholder? Can we counteract negativity with positivity and transmute it? Negativity is such a broad generalization sometimes. We can refer to it as our pain, as that which causes death, ''evil", "sin", a lot of names. Calling me such a negative and foul presence, unwilling to actually give help, and leave us to fend for ourselves, making it look like we ALL have to go through every single situation in our lives absolutely alone when actually humans are interdependent creatures, and we can't live alone. It is that way we can enjoy our alone time. When people are going through "serious problems" there's a tendency to become co-dependent because we are alone. If we live our entire lives alone, we might also fall into co-dependence (depending on how we all grow up and our psycho-physiological conditioning)

Maybe they just aren't able to feel what others feel, and thus can't relate. Same here. Maybe, just maybe, all the foul 'negative people' are actually communicating that instead of running away from problems they could also be dealt with. People who become kind of greedy (only in the sense that they need to help themselves, and are thus "selfish" because they focus on their self) are taking it upon the world that likes to neglect people who have any problems and demonize them.

I also understand that nobody wants to deal with negativity. That's why it must be transmuted, instead of neglected, because what if it comes back to bite us in the arse?

But yea I'm just being the Scrooge character here. Maybe I'm just alone, and it's been harder for me to find my place in society than others because of my differences, and/or 'negativities'. So I've been kind of weird for "some" time now. Sometimes I think.. I'm the only one, thus making it harder, and makes me think that there's nobody who doesn't just tolerate me.

Edited by Non