Sign in to follow this  
liminal_luke

hi there!

Hi everybody! I've been checking this board regularly for some time, and finally decided to come out of lurking status. You guys have given me lots of inspiration to try new things--aneros, key sound multiple orgasms, sundo (thanks Trunk), clubbells, etc. Have been playing around with healing tao oriented stuff for awhile now--meditation workshop here, tai chi class there--but have yet to establish a truly consistent daily practice or go 100 days without ejaculating (I know, I know, this is a bad idea but hey Ive gotten it stuck in my brain and cant get it out). I'm an experience junkie and weekend meditation warrior, always up for trying something extreme to change my consciousness. Once went to a 3 month silient Vipassana retreat. Walked 400 miles in Spain to Santiago de Compostela. But its the small, cumulative, little practices done overtime that always throw me. Ok, this is me. Looking forward to what I hope will be a long and fruitful taobums career. :rolleyes:

Three month silent vipassana retreat, that is intense! On my vacation in Philly I read about this beat poet Bob Kaufman who took a 10 year vow of silence from 1963-1973 during which he did not speak or write anything. He broke his silence with the opening phrase to a poem "All Those Ships that Never Sailed". Kind of wild. I can't shut up for 10 minutes.

But its the small, cumulative, little practices done overtime that always throw me. Ok, this is me.
I think us guys in particular have trouble with the little steps, we want to just have some huge dramatic experience that blows up all of our illusions in some fiery explosion and then we roundhouse kick samsara in the head and are enlightened. :)

Anyways, welcome to The Tao Bums man!

Sean

I'm an experience junkie and weekend meditation warrior, always up for trying something extreme to change my consciousness. Once went to a 3 month silient Vipassana retreat. Walked 400 miles in Spain to Santiago de Compostela.

Hard Light

Sign in to follow this