Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Contradiction

The life of an Ayahuascero?

I was wondering what kind of restrictions and lifestyle choices an ayahuascero or any other entheogenic using Shaman undergoes.

no salt, no sex. Anything other choices?

I am quite sure yogis and siddhas avoid garlic. No idea why. Does anyone know?

as per "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" garlic, onions, leeks are "lugubrious" which made my mom laugh when I told her. Lugubrious!

That's just code for bulb root crops not growing in the sun and for some reason this causes them to create sperm more easily -- yang food I guess. Sort of like ginseng!

Well you asked! haha.

I am quite sure yogis and siddhas avoid garlic. No idea why. Does anyone know?

The other thing I read recently is traditional the person training to be an ayahuascero stays inside a hut in the jungle -- without any disturbance other than the teacher bringing food and ayahuasca daily! The reason being is when you open up the energy channels then you are vulnerable to evil wanted to steal your energy.

Full-lotus is an impromptu hut of sorts -- called a throne -- since it creates heat and enables comfortable sleeping position -- it's a make-shift tent and cooking equipment (so technically you are not camping and legally can be homeless!) haha.

Still in the jungle there's a long history of cannibalism, slavery, sorcery, eaten by jaguars and snakes -- better to be in a hut maybe. Although the jungle yogis of Thailand insisted to be in the open with the tigers.

I was wondering what kind of restrictions and lifestyle choices an ayahuascero or any other entheogenic using Shaman undergoes.

No meat, and fasting are also used by the ayhuasca users I found out

a while ago. It seems similar like the yoga disciplines.

Here's a radio interview with Ben Stewart about his trip down to Iquitos Peru, Amazon jungle for ayahuasca

http://www.escapetheillusion.com/blog/2009...th-ben-stewart/

He says that his trip is covered in his new move Kymatica

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-67...1900&hl=en#

Also the diet is fish and bananas because they're high in tryptophan which turns into serotonin

Edited by drewhempel

Yeah I just watched the first 42 minutes. It's on the Bruce Lipton interview. The ayahuasca part hasn't kicked in yet so in case people want to just see that -- ....

:o

that's not why I made a face... I replaced a post of mine I deleted with it because after I posted what's "really" and "contrary to popular belief" is involved the words "alien cat" appeared on the right of my avatar that weren't there before. I took it as Her command to stop talking about Her.

The diet restrictions are specifically for the time before ingesting and not so much a continuous lifestyle choice (so it depends on how regularly you take it), and i get the impression many committed Ayahuascero's have tested out the restrictions for themselves. The diet is basically no-gluten (ie most grains), vegetarian/vegan, no stimulants (eg coffee, sugar), no salt, and no peanuts or soy. And fasting for a good 6 hours beforehand as you'll be purging from both ends all going well. Peanuts and soy are the biggest one as far as i understand, as they actually inhibit the Ayahuasca. And no sexual activity. I think that's about it from memory.

Drew,

thanks! :)

no-gluten (ie most grains)

This part it is not a bad idea to choose as a continuous lifestyle feature. Gluten-containing grains are the dark lords' food for human slaves. They weren't eaten by humans at all before the introduction of agriculture, which is not part of natural developments in and of itself. We evolved and thrived for hundreds of thousands of years without it. Then, a second ago on the cosmic clock, all of a sudden (yes, historically it was sudden, not gradual) come grain cultivation and slave labor -- together. And we start eating wheat and building pyramids -- simultaneously.

Abstaining from grains is a taoist dietary tradition as well (not vegetarianism, which is another dark lords' proposition for human slaves. We ate meat throughout our evolutionary history, for hundreds of thousands of years. Then comes the time when all of a sudden commoners are forbidden to eat meat by law, it is reserved for the overlords. And commoners are fed -- well, gluten-containing grains, of course. Yuck. When Russia conquered Siberia, they enforced bread consumption with sword and fire -- local shamanic peoples resisted for as long as they could...)

Gluten-containing grains keep one's mind lethargic -- and today they commercially bromate flour as well, and this, together with fluoride in the water, is a mass-scale CNS suppressor promoting meekness, submissive/passive followers' behavior, "I can't do anything about it" attitudes and flattened "who cares" emotionality.

Edited by Taomeow

Taomeow, can you post a link to the information regarding grain/gluten's effect on the CNS. I'd be interested in reading something about that.

If you google "gluten and cognitive impairment," "gluten and CNS," "gluten and neurological disorders," you'll find hundreds of articles. Here's one:

http://www.nutramed.com/celiac/celiacbrain.htm

Sign in to follow this