Nilo

Any recommendation for a super slow qigong style?

I got into this conscious energy movement through intuition. It's a way to release resistance and be more present for me.

I enjoy doing the super slow conscious movements. I was wondering if there are any particular styles of qigong that are a perfect fit in the super slow category?

lol, good point.

I am looking for a spiraly, dynamic form of qigong, any recommendations?

Not about how slow. It is about how correct.

I got into this conscious energy movement through intuition. It's a way to release resistance and be more present for me.

I enjoy doing the super slow conscious movements. I was wondering if there are any particular styles of qigong that are a perfect fit in the super slow category?

Hopefully a few people give suggestions other than basic advice.

I know not, as I still practice no style. I'm as keen to see an answer as you are, Nilo.

lol, good point.

hows about baguazhang?

Not about how correct. It is about how conscious.

Not about how slow. It is about how correct.

I practice no style either. I feel that styles can be rigid and limiting. Everybody has a unique body/mind expression and will express accordingly.

I am curious to find if any styles out there are within my preferance.

This lady seems like she is expressing spontaneously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEOi7_Kl6o

Hopefully a few people give suggestions other than basic advice.

I know not, as I still practice no style. I'm as keen to see an answer as you are, Nilo.

Seems to me like Qi Dao style is the most free style of qigong. I also like Zhan Zhuang because it helps me go past my limits so that I can free flow much better.

Not about how correct. It is about how conscious.

Yes! One qigong treacher said to me: you move as fast as your full awarness allows. Which for most people will be reeeeaaaly really slooowwww....

Taijiquan is a perfect Qigong exercise that benefits from extremely slow practice.

I like to practice the Shiba Luohan Gong very slowly thought there are a couple of movements that need to be done with more speed.

Yes! One qigong treacher said to me: you move as fast as your full awarness allows. Which for most people will be reeeeaaaly really slooowwww....

Good answer

Sounds like that teacher is a master :)

ZZ is probably just as old as humans.

ZZ has been around a very long time. Way before Yiquan was even thought about.

My style, Taoist path of the sorcerer, very slow, fluid, spirally, dynamic, and oh so powerful. Like slow moving ZZ, but beautiful. Anyone who thinks they know what it looks like is probably wrong because it is so rare.

Edited by Starjumper7

For spirally dynamic I like the Pan Gu form. Its taught by a couple of different schools, I have Michael Winn's version. Most of the movement is in the arms, while the palms spiral energy. Its very simple yet powerful.

You may be able to find visuals of it on youtube or the healingtaousa site.

Michael

Can give WuJi Gong a go (or Primordial Tai Chi as M.Winn calls it), can be done really slow and naturally, quite beautiful and profound, some similarities to ZZ i find.

If the OP wants spiralling stuff then they could try this:

Wild Qigong (second part of the form)

or even Silk Reeling (conditioning part of Chen style Tai Chi).:

Yang Style Tai Chi, long form.

When I originally learnt the form it took me 12~15 min. These days it usually takes 20min. On the rare occasions I'm really focused and in touch with myself the form can take 25 min.

durkhrod chogori :

thanks, that Silk Reeling is right up my alley, will look into it, same with Yiquan.

drewhempel :

Yiquan looks very similar to what I had been doing as I get out of ZZ, thanks.

thanks to thelerner , EagleShen and everyone else :)

if you have already done standing and looking for a slow moving spirlaing qi gong i would recommend learning Baguazhang

of course it depends on the teacher but mainly

- first you learn stading in the bagua postures, which in themselves invlove a lot of spiraling of the torso and also the limbs and smaller joint

- then you learn walking with the hands in static postions (ding shi ba zhang) this also needs you to maintain all the twisting of before but on the move

-after this then thestyles really seperate, some do a the old eight palms, some move on to a 64 palm change again it depends on student,teacher,style (not in that order)

if you ask your teach more about where yourintenti0on should be in eah of the postures and what kind of energy you are meant to be creating, drilling, pushing, lifing so on then it might be hat you are looking for

and can be done, super slow, and super low