Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Seeking a definitive work on the emotional effects of internal alchemy

My modest library includes Waysun Liao, Daniel Reid, Deng Ming-Dao, Chia, Wang Jwing Ming, Robert Bruce, but none of them delve too deeply into the emotional effects of energy practice. Does anyone know of any essays or theses on line that specifically address this issue? Frankly, the physical aspect of energy manipulation, as much fun and pleasant as it is, doesn't compare with how much better I feel emotionally since even four months ago.

I think you are on the right path then and no need to go beyond the truth of your own spirit. Internal Cultivation "alchemy" is a 24/7 practice. It allows you to tame the emotions and in tern that allows your energy to become higher quality. When that happens your spirit develops a higher quality as well. This is what is meant by Transmute Jing to Qi and Qi to Shen.

My modest library includes Waysun Liao, Daniel Reid, Deng Ming-Dao, Chia, Wang Jwing Ming, Robert Bruce, but none of them delve too deeply into the emotional effects of energy practice. Does anyone know of any essays or theses on line that specifically address this issue? Frankly, the physical aspect of energy manipulation, as much fun and pleasant as it is, doesn't compare with how much better I feel emotionally since even four months ago.

You ask about music and emotions but music IS emotions! haha. Emotions are the number 1 cause of energy blockage as Chunyi Lin states in http://springforestqigong.com We store emotions as electrochemical energy in our different body organs.

There's something called "psychic music" -- do you have amazing music dreams? Also the great composers didn't "write" their music -- it appeared as a whole, preconceived, in dreams! So music, amazing music, is when the heart chakra opens up, after the other lower emotions are transformed, and the third eye opens up. This is why high pitch music like falsetto or yodeling -- it causes chills up the spine because the emotional electrochemical blockages are being release. The gypsies even have a special term for music that causes chills. It's now proven in music therapy that the vagus nerve is activated -- which also is the source for the female internal climax.

haha. How emotional is that for you!

Wrong thread. I think you are responding to the one above or below this one

You ask about music and emotions but music IS emotions! haha. Emotions are the number 1 cause of energy blockage as Chunyi Lin states in http://springforestqigong.com We store emotions as electrochemical energy in our different body organs.

There's something called "psychic music" -- do you have amazing music dreams? Also the great composers didn't "write" their music -- it appeared as a whole, preconceived, in dreams! So music, amazing music, is when the heart chakra opens up, after the other lower emotions are transformed, and the third eye opens up. This is why high pitch music like falsetto or yodeling -- it causes chills up the spine because the emotional electrochemical blockages are being release. The gypsies even have a special term for music that causes chills. It's now proven in music therapy that the vagus nerve is activated -- which also is the source for the female internal climax.

haha. How emotional is that for you!

My apologies. I should have been more specific. I was wondering if anyone knew of any definitive written works on the emotional effects of energy work. If this material hasn't been quantified or assembled then so be it. I'm not asking for feedback. I'm looking for reference material.

My apologies. I should have been more specific. I was wondering if anyone knew of any definitive written works on the emotional effects of energy work. If this material hasn't been quantified or assembled then so be it. I'm not asking for feedback. I'm looking for reference material.

i'm taking a greater kan and li course these days with master chia in my hometown... i don't know how you came to the conclusion that chia doesn't talk about it. all that he talk about was emotions, effect of emotions, health, emotions, spirit, emotions, emotions etc... i don't think you can learn these things from books... you need a living teacher, to attend some workshop or smthn

prior to the K&L course was a basics course, and there was alot of talk about how the emotions are stored, how they are transformed, and used for healing and spiritual development...

i'm taking a greater kan and li course these days with master chia in my hometown... i don't know how you came to the conclusion that chia doesn't talk about it. all that he talk about was emotions, effect of emotions, health, emotions, spirit, emotions, emotions etc... i don't think you can learn these things from books... you need a living teacher, to attend some workshop or smthn

prior to the K&L course was a basics course, and there was alot of talk about how the emotions are stored, how they are transformed, and used for healing and spiritual development...

Honestly, I did not commit to the chapters on emotions written by Chia in "Awaken Healing Light..." His style doesn't resonate well with me, but I'll revisit that section. I'm not trying to use books in lieu of personal instruction; I'm searching for any documents, published or unpublished, that examine the impact of chi kung on emotional health. Thanks for reminding me of Chia's points.

Check these out (I have not but they are on my list):

http://www.amazon.com/TAO-Letting-Go-Medit...n/dp/1556438087

http://www.amazon.com/TAO-Letting-Go-Medit...n/dp/1556437897

I have read his earlier meditation books. They have great discussions the emotional aspects of Taoist meditation/alchemy, but do not focus on the emotional aspect in particular.

http://www.amazon.com/Relaxing-into-Your-B...d_bxgy_b_text_c

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Stillness-Meth.../ref=pd_sim_b_1

Edited by Creation

Our emotions are stored in our Middle Dantien. There is no way you can eliminate our emotional body. It is impossible or we wouldn't be human at all. In Bagua, emotions are worked on quite hard. I still remember crying like a baby one morning after finishing my circle walking routine, right after two months of solid practice. It was all of a sudden, in front of my teacher and rest of the students. Nothing to be embarrased about, the healing process of the art I practice is immense.

Thanks Creation and Bindo for the links.

I think you are on the right path then and no need to go beyond the truth of your own spirit. Internal Cultivation "alchemy" is a 24/7 practice. It allows you to tame the emotions and in tern that allows your energy to become higher quality. When that happens your spirit develops a higher quality as well. This is what is meant by Transmute Jing to Qi and Qi to Shen.

no need to go beyond the truth of your own spirit

I don't know what you mean by this. I certainly haven't transcended the point where learning from learning from external sources becomes superfluous. Shoot me if I do (or even act like it). :lol:

I don't know of any written works like you describe.

My teacher has talked to me a bit about the topic based on some of my experiences. As the mind grows quiet over time with deeper states of meditation, strong and surprising emotions may surface. They can be unexpected, frightening, and make no sense. They are mostly a consequence of emotional suppression. It's a healthy and important side effect of cultivation. It's best to watch what's happening without too much analysis or indulgence and let it pass naturally. In their wake will be a more peaceful and content state.

Feel free to PM if you have any interest in more detailed conversation. I think it's a very important aspect of cultivation and one that is not addressed enough.

Sign in to follow this