orb

Stop world's largest animal killing fair in Nepal !

Every 5 years these retards from Nepal are killing over 500 000 animals for their rituals. They don't eat the meat but only let it rot out in the streets.

I don't know if there's anything we can do but if there's any way to protest this nightmare I would join it right away.

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=207894

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Nepal-set-to...le1-474675.aspx

JUZT-nhjvOs

sVWNPKVLS4E

Every 5 years these retards from Nepal are killing over 500 000 animals for their rituals. They don't eat the meat but only let it rot out in the streets.

I don't know if there's anything we can do but if there's any way to protest this nightmare I would join it right away.

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=207894

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Nepal-set-to...le1-474675.aspx

JUZT-nhjvOs

sVWNPKVLS4E

Display it, document it, talk about it and show it to people and you may annonce a boycot of Nepal.

There is already animal rights groups out there - tell them what you know!

The ugly side of reality...

It'd be beneficial to do practice of exchanging self for others, in this case, the senseless slaughterers, those who support the ritual, and the animals. Breathe in their pain, and give them your joy and well-being. Its a great way to increase your merits and fulfill your longing for immortality.

(Exchanging self for others is an actual Buddhist practice called Tonglen).

Reminds me of the colonial genocide of the Americas. Anthropologist Marvin Harris writes how the Indians were totally confused that the attackers did not eat the victims! I mean if you are going to kill sentient beings then you should at least eat them.

"Harris also discusses the cow as a sacred animal and taboo food in Hindu culture. Unlike the Middle Eastern civilizations, India had developed very productive forms of agriculture, requiring heavy labor. The high population densities and the periodic droughts rendered animal husbandry for food purposes impractical, and slowly led to the ending of animal sacrifice. However, cattle remained an important species because they provided farm labor. Desperation incurred during periods of drought might lead to the temptation to slaughter and eat the work animals for short-term survival; this would damage long-term prospects by destroying the means of production. Harris argues that this situation led to the evolution of the cow as a taboo food and its worship as a sacred creature in India."

Edited by drewhempel

I'm not against this, maybe if they were wiping out an entire species.

Yin and Yang, Life and Death.

Why do you think civilizations go to war? To solve problems? No, to kill...

Ah, obviously you have not yet worn 'the Jockstrap of Compassion', or you would feel differently... :P

It hurts me also to see any animal in pain let alone slaughtered. Is God or The Tao unjust ? Maybe its karma or something - if you believe that people are returnd as animals. I dont know,Maybe there is more to this then meets the eye. Everything has a way of meeting full circle eventually.

Thanks,

Yeah I have a whole philosophy examining this -- in particular this would be under the "tantric trajectory of technology" -- so that domestication of animals around 10,000 BCE first was based on a "symbolic revolution" where a philosophy developed that reality could be physically contained through sacred geometry and "mass ritual sacrifice." The Brahmin priests further developed this with chariot technology that spread around 2000 BCE -- the square root of two was first developed around this time but not in the same was as the irrational magnitude.

It's a myth that Brahmin priests did not eat beef -- it's been exposed that they hoarded the meat for their own powers! And so the above link mentions that lower value animal was for the lower classes. Cows versus goats versus chickens.

Consider Tibet -- eating meat is common because it's COLD. I live in Minnesota -- I was vegetarian for 15 years but my family considers it totally wrong! haha. So I eat meat and yes I get heat from it but I also have to take antiseptic to counteract it.

Anyway left-brain dominance as math and logical analysis plus right-hand technology is what humans developed to spread population density in farming and ranching -- as per the book Ecological Imperialism by Crosby -- Western civilization is parasitical, destroying right-brain dominant and left-hand asymmetric carbon-based ecological cultures!!

This means that humans are peaking as a species -- population spikes and then dies off, just like a mold. Most life on earth do not need males to reproduce -- males are just for genetic diversity. Parthenogenesis is what it's called when females self-reproduce. Most life on earth has been single-celled organisms for billions of years. Early life did not even need the sun to live -- rather relying on sulfur. Then algae developed and from that oxygen was produced and slowly carbon-based life spread which then warmed up the planet.... The Cold Planet was a recent cable doc on this....

Anyway for the longest human culture on Earth -- the Bushmen culture -- when an animal is hunted down it must not be eaten until the next day -- otherwise the dead spirit of the animal will find out that its body is eaten by humans, and the dead spirit will go warn the other animals, thereby preventing further hunting. Also the Bushmen have many dances named after animals in order to draw in the spirit of the animals into their bodies. The Bushmen practice the same as qigong or yoga -- and are the source for these traditions as Bushmen culture goes back to 80,000 BCE.

It hurts me also to see any animal in pain let alone slaughtered. Is God or The Tao unjust ? Maybe its karma or something - if you believe that people are returnd as animals. I dont know,Maybe there is more to this then meets the eye. Everything has a way of meeting full circle eventually.

Thanks,

Edited by drewhempel

A lot of the old traditions and cultures while carrying some amazing truths - at the same time carry all kind of junk as well. A lot of junk and mistakes that lost their initial meaning and become most of the time exactly the opposite to what they were supposed to be initially.

I hear ya on this - unfortunately, depending on how clear transmission has been, there is a lot of noise that sometimes needs to be filtered out - kind of like the telephone game - in the end, I agree that each individual needs to think on things and make decisions based on what makes sense for them . . .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/2...-festival-nepal

Says here the slaughter is sold a company that resells for meat, bones, skin, etc.

The U.S. slaughters some 30,000 animals a day -- not counting chicken -- so it's probably 50,000 a day

http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/4/9/...1140792894.html

Edited by drewhempel

I wonder how many millions of turkeys and pigs were sacrificed in the U.S. for last night's feast.

What they're doing in Nepal seems to have an element of honesty in it...exposing the consumers to the suffering of the animals, versus having it done out of sight by corporations in industrial plants.

I understand your point completely.. For people to come off so strongly, to say in my own opinion is a bit self righteous...

Anyway your right on the war part being a big lie is that it can be civil.

I personally say if you are in that situation you give it all you have.. But other worldly affairs, you have to not constantly be distracted by, instead take them as reference points to your life till you grow.. Then deal with these situations that become your own.

Remember with each stage of development another challenge arises.

Edited by NeiChuan