neimad

ultimate shower!

here is a little something i found in a book i bought in a second-hand bookshop.

it is by far the best shower i have ever had..... my skin feels incredible and oh so strong. it feels like it wouldn't tear or cut easily. quite incredible actually.... i've only done it two days now but after a month or so i expect to have amazing skin (although it is pretty good already).

here it is, it's very simple.

get a cloth. wet it. cover it in soap (make sure you got good soap of course, i am currently using some native lemon myrtle oil soap). add some bicarbonate of soda. add some salt (sea salt is probably best, but i have all this left over epsom salts from a liver flush i did a while ago, so i'm using that... i expect it would help draw toxins out of the skin) to it.

then wash your body with the cloth.

rinse off with warm water.

then finish with cold water (especially down the spine).

when you get out, while you are still wet.... get some oil (i use coconut oil, but olive oil, sesame oil, almond oil are good too) and rub your body in oil. cos you are wet it shouldn't take much oil to cover your whole body.

then rub yourself down with a towel.

shouldn't take longer than about 3 or 4 minutes for the whole shower. and it's great.

enjoy!

I've got some sea salt in almond oil and lavendar that I scrape myself w/ in the shower, moisturises, gets rid of dead skin layers. Its a nice way to annoint oneself :)

Michael

shouldn't take longer than about 3 or 4 minutes for the whole shower. and it's great.

enjoy!

9912[/snapback]

Dr. Bronner's, check. Baking soda, check. Sea salt, check. Coconut oil, check. I'm ready to go man, great tip, already got the water running! :lol: Adding this to my daily hot bath/morning shower ritual. Probably seems insignificant to some, but I think this kind of daily routine can really get you moving .. especially through the winter. I've read a lot of people swearing that it cured depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, etc.

Sean

When I don't have time/energy to do a whole routine, I just do dry skin brushing before a quick shower, really invigorating, stimulates lymph and all that good stuff :-)

Something about the dry brushing that has a different effect than scrubbing with wet stuff, but maybe the combination of dry brushing before the wet scrubbing would be interesting!

Karen

When I don't have time/energy to do a whole routine, I just do dry skin brushing before a quick shower, really invigorating, stimulates lymph and all that good stuff :-)

Something about the dry brushing that has a different effect than scrubbing with wet stuff, but maybe the combination of dry brushing before the wet scrubbing would be interesting!

9925[/snapback]

Yes ... Franz Bardon, the famous Hermeticist, recommended a dry brush every morning. One of the practices he taught, very similar to Taoist work, was pore breathing and he felt that exfoliating the skin regularly was vital so the whole body can breathe. I've never used a dry brush though ... where can I pick one up Karen?

I've never used a dry brush though ... where can I pick one up Karen?

9928[/snapback]

I got mine from a health food store.. haven't come across them for ordering online, but I should look around. The brush should be natural bristled and meant for this purpose, because the bristles are just the right stiffness (fairly soft), and you reserve that brush just for that purpose.

Right before showering in the morning, you brush the whole body front and back (except the most sensitive areas) with just enough pressure to feel good but not too vigorously, with long strokes toward the heart. In other words, not scrubbing but long strokes covering each area just once. Takes all of about a minute, my kinda practice! :)

How do you do pore breathing?

-Karen

Too cool! The bath salts I sell have sea salt, epsom salt, baking soda and essential oils, and for my own personal ones I usually add a bit of almond oil or avocado oil too. Yummy!

Also I too scrub down at the end of every shower, and then rinse with cold water, to build wei chi. I've used loofahs, dry brushes, you name it. Rubbing vigorously with a towel afterwards is nice too.

I got dry brush massage once before a massage/plant spirit medicine treatment and it was soooooo nice. Good stuff!

Ahh, baths.

Aaah baths is right! I don't do it often only because the experience is somewhat limited in a tiny bathroom with no window. Having cool air to breathe, especially outdoors with the sound of surf, is a very nice way to do it, as I recall!

Meantime, we're having freezing rain, and the water main broke so no water at all! :o Oh the irony of it. Time for some vivid visualization :-).

This looks like a good brush for dry brush massage:

http://www.hsu.com/dry_brush.htm

-Karen

good stuff, could really feel the salt scrubbing away.

pickling/canning salt would be best as it contains no "anticaking" chemicals, the sea salt i just used contains sodium carbonate as an anticaking agent. these neti people(health and yoga) recommend using the canning salt through your nose.

also, i used jojoba oil just now...good stuff. out of all the natural oils it most closely resembles the chemical structure of human sebum (natural body oil). its also great for the hair, cures dry scalp and related dandruff, while keeping your hair in one place. dunno how it would work out for long hair tho.

thanks for the tip.

I use jojoba oil on my long, very tangly (naturally curly) hair and it works wonders! I'll use yucca root powder as shampoo/conditioner too.

And you can get additive-free salt. I love it hen its natural and has trace elements yum!

I'm not a wash cloth kind of a guy, but it actually works to do a scrubdown with salt and baking soda in my hands.

I'm not a wash cloth kind of a guy, but it actually works to do a scrubdown with salt and baking soda in my hands.

10053[/snapback]

cool.... but don't forget the oil while you are still wet!

the oil removes a kind of grime from your skin that the soap, salt and soda cannot.

from just a week of this shower, pimples that used to coat my thighs have dissapeared along with a skin rash i have been battling with for about 15 years!

pretty incredible.