gendao

What Have You Opened?

Have You Opened Any Of These?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Alchemical Milestones...

• Only my microcosmic orbit
    • Only my kundalini (chong mai)
    • My microcosmic orbit & kundalini (chong mai)
    • My macrocosmic orbit (includes microcosmic orbit)
    • My macrocosmic orbit & kundalini (chong mai)
    • None of the above
    • Other

Some of the initial, signifcant alchemical milestones include:

- Opening your microcosmic orbit (xiao zhou tian/small universe/small heavenly circulation).

- Awakening your kundalini (chong mai).

- Opening your macrocosmic orbit (da zhou tian/big universe/great heavenly circulation).

If so, what methods did you use, how long did it take (days & hours) and in what sequence did these occur? How do you know you really opened them (what confirmatory signs or experiences)? And how has each changed your life or being?

I just opened a Maredsous Abbaye ale - thought it may get me closer to Tao. Dang sure makes me appreciate Tao more. Does that count?

Vortex -- you should read Master Nan, Huai-chin!

- Opening your microcosmic orbit (xiao zhou tian/small universe/small heavenly circulation).

- Opening your macrocosmic orbit (da zhou tian/big universe/great heavenly circulation).

If so, what methods did you use, how long did it take (days & hours) and in what sequence did these occur? How do you know you really opened them (what confirmatory signs or experiences)? And how has each changed your life or being?

macrocosmic orbit via KAP.

Not really sure how long it took, perhaps it was always just there and I needed to be aware of it, learnt micro first.

Honestly possible it's all in my head although people do seem to be able to feel the energy moving.

Good fun not as life changing as a barons black wattle ale :lol: (award winning but lacks the history of the Maredsous)

The question should be asked...if you feel it flowing through the orbits, then is it open?

I voted yes to all three, because I've felt the macro flow in practice. But if that is the case, then simply opening the orbits isn't enough, and isn't anything spectacular. There is a ton of work to do, and I honestly feel like I've accomplished nothing in the scheme of things.

ok I voted none

but when i read some of the replies i am not sure now

I will say that when i am doing standing meditation and practicing reverse breathing on the, i feel energys flowing up and down my arms in time with my breathing, i.e. when i breath in i feel the 'energy' receed when i breath out i feel the energy flow back down in to my palms

nothing in my legs unless i am lying down

um and thats it......

is this sort of thing indicitive of opening anything, sorry i should know this but my little chinese teacher just comments that it is good but doesn't really go into details about these things most of the time

I was 18 or 19 years old.

I went to bed to sleep. After some time I realised I was exhaling with no break, that caught my attention and I woke up.

I stepped "outside" (lack of better term back then. Anyway ) and went for a "astral travel". Still exhaling I left earth, discovering a "light body" that encircled me. Looked like a white toga flaming like a tail after me. Soon after I passed the moon and the sun I went kind of through.

Building up momentum I accelerated and went further and deeper in to space. A long the way the stars caught my attention and I could see how the 2D image we use to see the sky as, became 3D in front of me. Some fare away stars were still at this time fixed, where as other stars, planets and moons along with them, closer to me they started to move "out of the pattern" so to speak. (Do you get the picture!)

At one point I thought: "Where am I going?" So I did a Qi kung exercise - turned my head up to look in the direction of the acceleration. Now I realised that I (or) the universe was spinning around. And As I kept going, building up more and more acceleration I could see how "we" gained speed. The hole image of stars span faster and faster until The hole perception of stars in the universe finally went "white out" and boom.

I was in this white room. That was when I believe I stopped the exhaling and went all silent. I questioned this hole "light" and it turned it self into the shape of a face. "We" in fact started a long telepathic conversation. Yep, I spoke to the entire universe (you guys incl.)

After a while "it" told me to make up my mind - to continue or to go back the way I came. I told the universe that there were no possible way for me to remember all that information we had shared, among others about going back.

I also told the universe that I (as an earthling) used to be a artist, that if maybe it could show me the hole thing as an image, in one single symbol. It did but only after a while, I pleased it welcome and finally the universe revealed it self to me as an image, a symbol, in 3D. I took a good look and of I went, I believe the way I came.

Coming back to earth was such a joy. I went through the sky, the streets and the window I left the building from earlier and then I crash landed so hard (I thought) that I heard it cracked my scull. I thought I had smacked the back of my head in to the wall.

I sad op in the bed. I took to my head where I supposedly had cracked it and I felt wet. I thought: "I bleed.. but no, I feel nothing" I looked at my hands. I was all blue. In fact I was shining light as a dim. It was no blood, it was oil like and that was in fact what made me shine I believe.

My girlfriend woke up. She freaked out and when she touched me she screamed - the body temp. was is cold. I believe that that was the stem coming from my body. She ran quickly to get towels and blankets, to head up water and so on.

I gently spoke to here in a very serious way, She reacted even before my lips formed the words, assuring her I was fine, she need no worry and that she would be better going back to bed and sleep. So she did, in fact she did when I told her so she sleep walked just like a robot, back to bed. It was really like some kind of a "Jidi trick" hahaha, it really was.

..... then again. I was born awake. I havent done or opened anything at all. It opened me. (or something!)

Edited by Guest

A relationship with a girl ones broke my heart - literally, and I died (I was 28) but I experienced Chong mai. It took me back to life as we know it.

Edited by Guest

Hey, the poll has a "none of the above" choice but no "all of the above" choice. How come? :blink::lol:

OK, here's something post-rainforest-shamanic that happened to me that I have never seen discussed here or anywhere, so I'll just throw it in, see if anyone else has experienced this.

The day after the first ceremony, the sky was higher. Twice as high as normal. Maybe more. Visually higher, and with a clear sensation of twice as much volume of space up there as ever before in my life. After the second ceremony -- more of the effect, and steeper slopes to the sky, like a dome, like a half sphere, very sharply curved waaaaay high. Day and night, same deal. Three weeks later, still much higher and with much more volume than before. Eight months later -- I was just checking today -- still higher. Not twice as high the way it used to be, but definitely much higher than I remember it being before. The effect seems to have been permanent. Subjectively it feels good every time I notice it. Just right.

Anyone else has enlarged the sky?.. Anyone know if there's a special term for this effect? Like I said, I've never even heard of it, it just happened...

Edited by Taomeow

SKF...10 years...Great Strait Upward Path...traveled Indra's Web...have explained here how...just answering the questions.

inquiry > knowledge...the known could be wrong...

Humbly,

xeno

I'm ever-willing to learn techniques of cultivating energies but I dont understand how oneself can state that they have achieved any of the steps, how do you know? how do you know without a doubt that you have achieved one goal or another?

wenwu had a post, and i hope somebody can reply to it, i feel as if I may be able to relates to his/her post. as well as the advice given in return.

opening the mind to a new understanding and view on things

opening the heart to feel more, a larger spectrum of emotions

opening the body to new sensations, and new performance

just opening yourself to life, what is out there, and inside there

Nice poll, well thought out. COvers all the possibilities.

Tao Meow, some of the possibilities are mutually exclusive, but since getting the macrocosmic orbit will get you the mco there is an option macrocosmic+kundalini.

Next poll:

who have you opened?

None of the above...and that's allright. I'm having fun hanging out with Santi and the KAP crew...and then maybe I've done something and just don't know it...long as I'm enjoying the ride, isn't that what matters?

I opened my MCO on 9/25/09 after two years of nei kung practice, and some Gary Clyman Tidal Wave Chi Kung practices and fire breathing. I then proceeded to overheat myself, breaking out in seborrheic dermatitis all over my face, something I never experienced before. I took some herbs prescribed by an acupuncturist which did a marvelous job of cooling me off, but which also lessened the intensity of the energy flow. Robert Bruce says that you can expect a the intensity of the energy movement to lessen after the channels open up, and that seems consistent in my case.

Now I just do the Little Orbit and let the energy go where it will.

The symptoms of overheating were worth it, as my solar plexus chakra was deficient, i.e., I was a walking door mat. I feel ten times better than I did even 6 months ago, although I've heard that people drop dead early because they overheat their hearts in order to cultivate personal power. I think I'm more balanced now, certainly happier, possibly even less of a dickhead. :lol:

Without wading into the "my practice is better than your practice" pissing contest, I will go out on a limb and make a bold declaration that nei kung practice is vastly more powerful than many other chi kung techniques. I know that sounds awfully pretentious but I mean no disparagement of other teachings, because they all have their place.

Cheers.

http://www.chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml

Edited by Blasto

MCO then GCO then Zhongmei

MCO has levels, and 3 different forms, level 1 is very simple, you will feel the Qi move in the channel,

in fact , everyone's MCO is open, hahaha, it is in Chinese Doctor/medicine . but it is weak, you do not feel it.

Qigong make those Qi strong. Chinese Doctor do not know practice Qigong make it stronger , what Doctor's goal is fix health problem, old Qigong master do not believe that it is open already, open it need practice Qigong in some way. the goal is make you more health, and ....

I heard someone here talk about move Qi in the spin, Do not do that with out a master watch you.

for now, move the Qi under the skin above the spin.

Edited by TianhuaQigong

MCO has levels, and 3 different forms, level 1 is very simple, you will feel the Qi move in the channel,

Can you provide further details on what the different levels are and what the three

different forms of the MCO are?

I heard someone here talk about move Qi in the spin, Do not do that with out a master watch you.

for now, move the Qi under the skin above the spin.

I am not clear on what you mean here. What do you mean by the 'spin'?

Best Wishes...

:)

Edited by Iskote

I opened my mind. Living a life independent of 'energy cultivation' 6 hours a day, I think, really helped.

It's great. I joined the army, got kicked out of the Army, (Lost my mind and found it again,) went to college, lived in a hippy co-op, and now am in beijing studying Chinese.

It's great. I think I might actually be successful in life. All you younger guys, definately try to give this sort of practice a shot ! I might like Drew Hempels ability to shoot long-range orgasms, but I don't have to work in a McDonalds, either. Maybe Hempel-like super-powers can wait until I'm settled into a successful life?

---

On the flip-side... Ido believe I have experienced a spiritual enlightenment. By 'finding' the Hun soul through the 'mysterious gate'. By 'knowing the white but sticking to the black,' I have acheieved genuine states of wu-wei.

Now, this is not the kind of enlightenment talked about by 'energy-cultivators'... But it is genuine enlightenment. I know Blasto made a satirical post about this, 'I found enlightenment and don't need outside verification' . . . but in this case I didn't. It was genuine enlightened being. It was genuine Wuwei, and I really don't need outside verification to substantiate this (to myself.)

It is temporary though, unless you choose to live through it. No 'irreversible' states. (another big lie., i think.) You can probably find it easier and easier to live through it, as you keep it up... until eventually it really would be your natural inclination of being... But really I think you need to save that sort of thing for old age. I think it would be difficult to 'establish worldly foundations' if you chose to live through the Hun.

So I answered, 'Other'.

I opened my MCO on 9/25/09 after two years of nei kung practice, and some Gary Clyman Tidal Wave Chi Kung practices and fire breathing. I then proceeded to overheat myself, breaking out in seborrheic dermatitis all over my face, something I never experienced before. I took some herbs prescribed by an acupuncturist which did a marvelous job of cooling me off, but which also lessened the intensity of the energy flow.
Very interesting. That is definitely TCM symptomatic of too much fire & yang. I definitely have suffered this problem in my beginning qigong practice...which I believe I'm correcting now.

Here's an interesting blurb on the central importance of the chong mai & balancing fire & water neidan methods:

The Thrusting vessel is considered one of the most important and decisive vessels in successful Qigong training, especially in Marrow Washing.

The second reason for the importance of the Thrusting Vessel in Qigong training is that this vessel is connected directly to the spinal cord and reaches up to the brain. The major goal of Marrow Washing Qigong is to lead the Qi into the marrow and then further on to the head, nourishing the brain and spirit (Shen).

And finally, the third reason is found in actual Qigong practice. There are three common training paths: Fire, Wind, and Water. In Fire path Qigong, the emphasis is on the Fire or Yang Qi circulating in the Governing vessel and therefore strengthening the muscles and organs. The Fire path is the main Qi training in Muscle/Tendon Changing (Yi Jin Jing) Qigong. However, the Fire path can also cause the body to become too Yang, and therefore speed up the process of degeneration. In order to adjust the Fire to a proper level, Marrow Washing Qigong is also trained. This uses the Water path, in which Qi separates from the route of the Fire path at the Huiyin cavity (LI-l), enters the spinal cord, and finally reaches up to the head. The Water path teaches how to use Original Qi to cool down the body, and then to use this Qi to nourish the brain and train the spirit. Learning to adjust the Fire and Water Qi circulation in the body is called Kan-Li, which means Water-Fire.

I wonder if this might be why many qi masters seem to die at a young age...while others seem to slow aging and live really long? A lot of it might depend upon the TYPES of qigong they practice and the balance they've struck between fast fire & cool water...

I answered MCO and Kundalini.

Practice that triggered (apart from specific life path):

- Sun salutes and chakra meditations as an attempt to self-heal (hahahahahaha)

Practices that helped and smoothed things out (relatively;-)) :

- KAP,

- compassion,

- mindfulness,

- acceptance,

- acupuncture,

- physical grounding

Results:

- lots of ego drop off.

- not quite sure what is going on

- loss of certain desires

- better understanding of some things related to people

- major emotional upheaval

- "higher" intellectual functioning

- quieter mind (this is relative, ok;-)?)

- yey for now

- banality