Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Benefits of the Inversion Table

Since there seem to be several folks in here these days with some solid physical education I want to ask this question again. I was given an inversion table one year ago. I've used it almost daily and currently average about three 3-5 minute sessions per day. I feel like I have an extra couple millimeters between each vertebra (that's my subjective feeling, of course). My conventional stretching, nei kung, and 5 Tibetan Rites routine all seem more fluid.

Who else has any experience with this device? It's definitely worth the modest expense.

i have relatives that use one for back problems with good results, I occasionally use it to get blood flowing after prolonged sitting. It is very relaxing and causes some kind of relaxation response i think. This response is not the same if one does a headstand, by this i mean it feels completely different from a headstand or handstand. In a headstand i do not get the realaxation

hello blasto,

have you noticed improved hair growth since using your inversion table ?.

sabretooth.

I have indeed. Thanks for asking. It's all growing out of the bottom of my feet, however. My girlfriend doesn't dig it.

I think it is an individual thing. I have done this for several years. I can't honestly say it has done anything for me. But I do know of other people who have gotten good results. I no longer use it much.

Just hanging around...

I do my own inversion exercises (like lying upside down at the top of the stairs :lol: ) but I've always been a little leery of an inversion table, mostly because of my less than perfect L5S1 musculature - I'm sure I would be able to utilize it to an extent, but I cannot have too much of my upper body pulling in that way at my lower body; it will cause problems, L5 will separate too much from the sacrum if I completely relax like that.

I do my own inversion exercises (like lying upside down at the top of the stairs :lol: ) but I've always been a little leery of an inversion table, mostly because of my less than perfect L5S1 musculature - I'm sure I would be able to utilize it to an extent, but I cannot have too much of my upper body pulling in that way at my lower body; it will cause problems, L5 will separate too much from the sacrum if I completely relax like that.

Good point. I can't withstand total relaxation because my sciatic runs through my piriformas. My chiro says that's normal for 15% of the population, but it's inconvenient as hell. I have to squeeze my glutes together and then ease into the inversion.

I do inverted inversions on a chin-up bar, and it is quite helpful.

Even more than that, I recommend "lateral inverted inversions" by lying backwards on a regular exercise ball, which can be had for the modest price of thirty dollars. Also works as an office chair. :)

Sign in to follow this