Sign in to follow this  
alfa

What happened to E-Sangha?

Or perhaps they suddenly realised that they didn't exist.

If it weren't for some of my posts I would say, "Shame on you."

(Funny!)

Peace & Love!

Karma? :P

LOL!

I was having a good time there until some of the moderators, particularly Namadrol (not sure about the spelling), made the board an unpleasant place to be.

:lol:

Don't want to jinx, but what if they moved...here...?!? :unsure::blink::huh::angry:

Edited by dwai

:lol:

Don't want to jinx, but what if they moved...here...?!? :unsure::blink::huh::angry:

I will give you three guesses. Hehehe. (I'm sure most of them are nice folks though.)

Peace & Love!

Judging by all the Buddhist threads lately maybe they already have.

Also we may have our own version of Namdrol.

I wonder if you can all guess who it is ? :):)

I've been a member of e-sangha since 2005, but I haven't posted there in months. I can't say I really miss the place though; I've met Evangelical Christians who are more open minded than some of the sutra thumpers at e-sangha.

For a while, I took what they said at face value as being "true" Buddhism, but now I know better than to think that Buddhism is some doctrinal monolith that they make it out to be. Come to think of it, I actually think e-sangha hindered my practice of Buddhism with their insistence that a person should accept literal rebirth without questioning it. Even though I was always deeply skeptical about literal rebirth, I saw some value in practicing Buddhism, but the endless debates about rebirth on e-sangha sidetracked me--because I started to buy into their bullshit that somehow I wasn't Buddhist enough for not accepting that doctrine, or that I needed to believe in it as some prerequisite to practicing Buddhism. I don't rule rebirth out, I'm just an agnostic about it.

I hope they get their site back up and running, but I also hope that they seriously re-examine the culture they are creating by banning so many people who simply have honest doubts.

I hope they get their site back up and running, but I also hope that they seriously re-examine the culture they are creating by banning so many people who simply have honest doubts.

Indeed! I think that banning numerous members from a forum shows the close-mindedness of the moderators and administrators. One must be allowed to have their own thoughts, even when they conflict with the majority. It is only through discussion that some people are able to see different ways to look at a particular concept.

I suppose that this is one of the reasons I value this board so much.

Peace & Love!

Indeed! I think that banning numerous members from a forum shows the close-mindedness of the moderators and administrators. One must be allowed to have their own thoughts, even when they conflict with the majority. It is only through discussion that some people are able to see different ways to look at a particular concept.

I suppose that this is one of the reasons I value this board so much.

Peace & Love!

Yeah, we are pretty open minded as long as you agree with us... he he he

For many weeks, the e-sangha forum seems closed. Are they shutting it down?

Christians and related war religions see Buddhism as a threat. Watch Sunday morning TV - Religion is big bucks.

They are even in here - it is only at low level designed to disrupt - they use one line posts.

They have been competing for a long time.

Sign in to follow this