Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Love and where does spirituality enter?

So I think I have finally found the one. Before i always thought i was not interested in humans only animals but he just makes me feel a way i have never felt before it is kind of hard to describe, like i cant stand being away from him and i love to be by his side. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to incoperate spiritual stuff into our lives? He understands chi and such and he pracitces magic and his own form of taichi. Just an fyi I am also a guy incase this matters with what practices we can do. I dont think we are ready for the sexual stuff yet. I hope this does not bother you guys with it being a same sex partnership.

Thanks i might add more to this latter.

Don't know how traditional Taoism feels, but it doesn't bother me. I don't know if you're going to find much meant for two guys, though. Tbh, Taoism embraces the whole Male/Female duality a lot, but I certainly can't say for sure.

I'd try doing whatever feels right. Love is spirituality.

So I think I have finally found the one. Before i always thought i was not interested in humans only animals but he just makes me feel a way i have never felt before it is kind of hard to describe, like i cant stand being away from him and i love to be by his side. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to incoperate spiritual stuff into our lives? He understands chi and such and he pracitces magic and his own form of taichi. Just an fyi I am also a guy incase this matters with what practices we can do. I dont think we are ready for the sexual stuff yet. I hope this does not bother you guys with it being a same sex partnership.

What do deny about yourself that makes you feel as if you need the structure of another man in order to give you balance?

Enjoy your piece of enlightenment, may it blossom into peace.

True spirituality is not some *thing* outside of you. Some regard it as some kind of commodity, or a drug to be bought over the counter. Its not, and never will be. There are innumerable lost 'souls' floating around, dabbling with all kinds of weird and wonderful *stuff*, following a phantasmagoria of systems, its like spiritual shopping!! I hope you will not go down this road.

Find an authentic set of teachings that agrees with your own view. This will give you a grounding for exploring deeper into your 'Self'. Begin with the philosophy, and progress from there. Some prefer to remain with just the philosophy, and that is okay too. Much of the energy/spiritual systems of the Eastern traditions, the cultivation of occult and mystical powers for example, were created for the Eastern psyche, which is totally different from the Western one. Hence such practices may not be very suitable, and to pursue it, even under guidance, could be detrimental to authentic cultivation.

Personally, i adopt practices that trains the mind, because i believe that is the only aspect of the *Self* that is the tricky monkey. When the mind is trained, everything else follows, and aligns in harmony. After many, many years of stabilizing the monkey-mind, it will be tamed, and remain quiet. From this quietness, the fruits of true beauty, love, peace, contentment and joy will ripen. These are the true powers of spiritual cultivation. While this works for me, it may not work for you, so its good to have some clarity as to what resonates with you. If you have connected with a teacher of some sort, that'd be a good source for advice (sometimes).

One last thought - love is all-pervasive; if it demands one to be selective, its not love. (Not sure why i wrote this, but there you go...)

Best of luck. Hope you find what you are looking for... :)

Hi Mewtwo,

Love and spirituality are not object specific. That you are able to express love and spirituality through your interaction with the individual you have mentioned does not really matter.

As mentioned, follow your heart. This is where 'your' truth is.

Peace & Love!

Hi Mewtwo,

Love and spirituality are not object specific. That you are able to express love and spirituality through your interaction with the individual you have mentioned does not really matter.

As mentioned, follow your heart. This is where 'your' truth is.

Peace & Love!

Aye! :D Well said MH! :)

A close relationship between two (spiritual) people IS cultivation.. And then, if one day, after years of living together you break up.. Now there's your chance for some SERIOUS CULTIVATION :)

Now there's your chance for some SERIOUS CULTIVATION :)

Are you speaking from personal experience? ;)

(Yeah, I've been there and done that.) :P

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this