Lucky7Strikes

Life is Absolutely Meaningless

I understand where you are coming from Lucky7Strikes. However, through moments of unification with Infinity, I have come to realize that everything is something when nothing is everything and that the point is that there is no point. This does not mean, however, that life is absolutely meaningless. The statements I have mentioned previously which I had received in no-mind states of existence are perceived in my mind why sages of the highest calibrations go off into the mountains to live in solitude, since there is no more that is to be had, done, attained, etc. What reason would there be to speak to someone or anyone? Such a statement is barely comprehensible to such sages, not even mentioning everyone else. Sure, someone may say this statement and think about it, but from their position of awareness, they are thinking about something utterly and completely different. They are not thinking about the thought-form that makes you feel like your head is being blown apart and disintegrated with the realization of nothing-ness infinity.

Infinity is something the human mind can never understand, even though occasionally humans have realizations concerning infinity, but the true magnitude and scope of these realizations is not correctly downloaded into the brain since there is not enough capacity and processing power in order to compute such realizations.

So my answer to your aphorism that life is absolutely meaningless is a non-answer. There is no way to answer in the proper manner to such magnanimous statements in a true way.

Peace and Love to you all

Edited by Soulthriller

I understand where you are coming from Lucky7Strikes. However, through moments of unification with Infinity, I have come to realize that everything is something when nothing is everything and that the point is that there is no point. This does not mean, however, that life is absolutely meaningless. The statements I have mentioned previously which I had received in no-mind states of existence are perceived in my mind why sages of the highest calibrations go off into the mountains to live in solitude, since there is no more that is to be had, done, attained, etc. What reason would there be to speak to someone or anyone? Such a statement is barely comprehensible to such sages, not even mentioning everyone else. Sure, someone may say this statement and think about it, but from their position of awareness, they are thinking about something utterly and completely different. They are not thinking about the thought-form that makes you feel like your head is being blown apart and disintegrated with the realization of nothing-ness infinity.

Infinity is something the human mind can never understand, even though occasionally humans have realizations concerning infinity, but the true magnitude and scope of these realizations is not correctly downloaded into the brain since there is not enough capacity and processing power in order to compute such realizations.

So my answer to your aphorism that life is absolutely meaningless is a non-answer. There is no way to answer in the proper manner to such magnanimous statements in a true way.

Peace and Love to you all

:D

IMHO, there is no infinity to unite with. You are just giving infinity its property of being infinite. It is as delusional and meaningless, it has no true objective value. If you mean infinity to mean the unmanifest potential of experience, which truly is infinite, to united with it would mean to have realized Buddhahood.

It is actually a liberating statement to those who lead everyday values or are trying to detach themselves from delusional habits in thought. Even if it leads to a state of abject loss, what comes out of it is much more freer and fluid than a structured system of values.

When it is realized that really, every experience has no true value or meaning but one that your awareness takes hold of, it is very very humbling. You see clearly that there is no such thing as illusionary experience or an awakened experience.

Actually, I will hope that the thread ends here, because I just realized that what I wrote was just a reiteration of emptiness. :lol: .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

:D

IMHO, there is no infinity to unite with. You are just giving infinity its property of being infinite. It is as delusional and meaningless, it has no true objective value. If you mean infinity to mean the unmanifest potential of experience, which truly is infinite, to united with it would mean to have realized Buddhahood.

It is actually a liberating statement to those who lead everyday values or are trying to detach themselves from delusional habits in thought. Even if it leads to a state of abject loss, what comes out of it is much more freer and fluid than a structured system of values.

When it is realized that really, every experience has no true value or meaning but one that your awareness takes hold of, it is very very humbling. You see clearly that there is no such thing as illusionary experience or an awakened experience.

Actually, I will hope that the thread ends here, because I just realized that what I wrote was just a reiteration of emptiness. :lol: .

Hey Lucky,

Not sure if i am a bit slow tonite, but the middle para wasn't very clear to me. Could you elaborate on it please?

For eg the 'it' - what 'it' are your referring to?

Thanks!

Hey Lucky,

Not sure if i am a bit slow tonite, but the middle para wasn't very clear to me. Could you elaborate on it please?

For eg the 'it' - what 'it' are your referring to?

Thanks!

Hi CowTao,

I meant the realization that anything we hold to be absolute, something of a "TRUE" experience, are actually never so. It's very tricky to say these things in words, because at one point some one will inevitably go, "oh isn't that a truth itself?" :rolleyes:. And yes, that person would be right. Detachment, seeing emptiness or any wisdom are all imposed realities of the mind. Are they better or freer? Yes, but ONLY comparatively.

There is no "true" experience of reality. Reality is what we choose to experience, and it is absolutely subjective and without real meaning behind it. There's nothing "wrong" with attachments or desires. And really there is nothing wrong with giving them value just as the Buddha gives value to compassion, or the Taoist gives to immortality. The unmanifest void is truly infinite, and its potentials are limitless. It is your choice to take it wherever you wish.

Bon Voyage! :D .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Life may be meaningless but being in trouble is fare from that, and that makes a lot of sence.

We understand nothing but failure and deficiencies.

I too once pondered the meaning of life.

I came to the conclusion that it is pointless. Then i considered that, after death our "soul" re-inhabits a brand new body and begins life over again.

So... If we die, only to come back to life again, then apparently the journey after death is only a pause on the way back to what is of importance; Life, all over again.

Despite that however, the actual "meaning" to inhabiting the physical body and "living life" still eludes me.

I always preferred the notion that once we die and move on, there is no more "physical life" - Then i asked myself... ok, but then would't we eventually pose the question; "what is the meaning of death" or "what is the meaning of life after death".

I think wherever we are, in the after world floating around as an energy or a ghost in a physical shell. The question of "meaning" will persist.

AND THAT made me understand that asking "what is the meaning of" is in it's own a pointless endeavor, whether in life or in death or life after death, because if two things are identical the mind simply doesn't find it as stimulating to pose the question "why", it just accepts, but when there is a difference, or an "unknown" variable, we ask "why" - "whats the meaning" - "why is it different" - "how is it different".

I think thats why the question troubles us so much in our physical existence, because we just don't know what happens afterwards. So i came to the conclusion that wondering is pointless, you just experience it as it comes.

If despite everything, we keep on coming back to inhabit a physical being, then the meaning of life is simply to live it.

Edited by effilang

You are absolutely correct! According to Taoist practices you learn the concepts and practices and they take you to a point beyond return in the void. You end up realizing eventually that you give up the NEED for concepts because it is manifested from post heaven intelligence.

However, you still need to see and don't see until you have reached that point of becoming immortal. Which is the point of know and knowing nothing of nothing.

Life is absolutely meaningless.

All values, goals, structure, the physical world, phenomena, the Buddhas, the immortals, etc. all amount to absolutely no true value or meaning. They are there and you see it because you have given it meaning and purpose. There are no gods, no self, no enlightenment, no end.

On a blank space, forms are seen and given life and their characteristics. In this made up dream you create a story for yourself. You laugh in it, cry in it, realize in it.

Everything is like thus. Everything has come before us because of this.

Ok, now that sounds depressing. But really it isn't.

Realizing meaningless unbinds you. Once anything is valued, you become chained by it. See it's very simple. In this meaningless there is great freedom.

The Buddhist have decided to make compassion their eternal refuge. And rightly so, there is great happiness there. And this is NO TRUER than valuing anything else. It just leads to great happiness. But it is not any truer, because compassion too has no inherent meaning to it. In other words, you DONT HAVE TO be compassionate. You don't HAVE TO do anything. First understand that everything is really meaningless. Then cultivation doesn't become a disciplinary act, and meditation doesn't become a "Oh I have to go meditate to become enlightened" thing.

It's kind of like what the existentialists say. You are the one giving meaning to life, how you create your reality, how you create your experience is all of your own doing. But existentialists think there is an objective world your are giving a false meaning to. But really, there is no objective world. There is only you and your intent traveling the endless path called existence.

So yes, the only meaning there is is this meaningless freedom of existence. Don't limit yourself to anything else otherwise. Thoroughly realizing meaninglessness is important to getting you to the next step of

"why not?" :lol::lol: .

Just thoughts today after meditation... :D ...

Is it possible for everything to be without meaning?

I thought you had to have one in order for the other to exist?

I think I'll put meaning in GOD and leave the rest as meaningless.

I felt the same way you did, it came and went and I almost feel stupid for it. BUT, I learned something from it and that's what is truly important to me.

I learned that ever time we breathe, we are bound to this world. The scissors of light are the only thing you can wish to obtain.

The ultimate question has always been, What is life, Why are we here, What is our purpose?

We are still here, those who are still asking... The only ones who know the answer, are the ones that have obtained the scissors of light and used the scissors of light to slice their binding ties to our embodied, physical world.

If I have learned anything significant pertaining to our physical world it is to never surrender the value of my eternal soul, my inner energy that is bound in time, living along side my body, projecting the voices in my head through the void of the portal.

If the light ever presents itself unto me, I will without hesitation join it.

At that moment, everything physical will truly be meaningless.

This fact has been around for ages, refer to the Egyptians and their scale.

What is greater in you, the value of your physical world, or the value of your spiritual being?

Value is the only thing that exists in both dimensions.

Is it possible for everything to be without meaning?

I thought you had to have one in order for the other to exist?

I think I'll put meaning in GOD and leave the rest as meaningless.

I felt the same way you did, it came and went and I almost feel stupid for it. BUT, I learned something from it and that's what is truly important to me.

I learned that ever time we breathe, we are bound to this world. The scissors of light are the only thing you can wish to obtain.

The ultimate question has always been, What is life, Why are we here, What is our purpose?

We are still here, those who are still asking... The only ones who know the answer, are the ones that have obtained the scissors of light and used the scissors of light to slice their binding ties to our embodied, physical world.

If I have learned anything significant pertaining to our physical world it is to never surrender the value of my eternal soul, my inner energy that is bound in time, living along side my body, projecting the voices in my head through the void of the portal.

If the light ever presents itself unto me, I will without hesitation join it.

At that moment, everything physical will truly be meaningless.

This fact has been around for ages, refer to the Egyptians and their scale.

What is greater in you, the value of your physical world, or the value of your spiritual being?

Value is the only thing that exists in both dimensions.

There is no omnipotent God.

You are not bound to this world. You have chosen to be here.

You cannot "join" the light. That is an illusion.

There is no true distinction between the physical and spiritual.

It seems like you have given meaning to what you deem spiritual or light. It wasn't what I meant in my original post. :rolleyes: .

There is no omnipotent God.

You are not bound to this world. You have chosen to be here.

You cannot "join" the light. That is an illusion.

There is no true distinction between the physical and spiritual.

It seems like you have given meaning to what you deem spiritual or light. It wasn't what I meant in my original post. :rolleyes: .

Perhaps choice too, is an illusion?

OmniGod as a reflection for the higher Self, or the all-encompassing Nondescript, or the Tao, or some prefer staring at goats - not wise to dismiss with absolute certainty... :D

Being unable to distinguish the physical and spiritual with clarity could lead to confusion, and confusion could be a seed for an existence without meaning.

Our life is verfy meaningful, regarding we are all born in the image of god or eternal soul / spirit and we are here to cultivate your chi and connect back to the or return back to the earth and heavens. But you will not find it in money, working etc its within and when you do find your true being and find that you are truly God and we are connected with nature /dao life is just the beginning and your training is very important in your return back to the Ultimate supreme force.

peace be with you...

Ape

P.S Just finished 12 hr nightshift sorry if this doesnt make sense but lately ive found my true being and found many secrets that has blown my mind on all this cultiavtion work we do.

Great topic...

Our life is verfy meaningful, regarding we are all born in the image of god or eternal soul / spirit and we are here to cultivate your chi and connect back to the or return back to the earth and heavens. But you will not find it in money, working etc its within and when you do find your true being and find that you are truly God and we are connected with nature /dao life is just the beginning and your training is very important in your return back to the Ultimate supreme force.

peace be with you...

Ape

P.S Just finished 12 hr nightshift sorry if this doesnt make sense but lately ive found my true being and found many secrets that has blown my mind on all this cultiavtion work we do.

Great topic...

Good Post!

Perhaps choice too, is an illusion?

OmniGod as a reflection for the higher Self, or the all-encompassing Nondescript, or the Tao, or some prefer staring at goats - not wise to dismiss with absolute certainty... :D

Being unable to distinguish the physical and spiritual with clarity could lead to confusion, and confusion could be a seed for an existence without meaning.

It's not that I dismiss it. If there is an omnipotent God, and I've stated this several times in threads on Hinduism, I'd gladly vow out of his omniscience (if that makes sense that is...).

Choice and intent is what we ultimately are, and it guides our experiences through incredible complexities, like being here on Earth and sharing in its energy and dense physical reality. It leads us to encounter one another and shape our own "lands" which is Awareness itself, your immediate reality. Without the intent that carries our existence through, we'd be non-existent.

The only "God" outside of myself that I can acknowledge is the infinitude of the un-manifested possibilities, which is really "non-being," something that still cannot exist without my own "being" to actualize and explore it.

How can you separate the physical and the spiritual? Both definitions are quite, ahem, meaningless :lol: , like saying that the left side of a table is "the left table" and the right side of the table is "the right table." Sorry that's a bad analogy, but...hope you understand what I'm getting at.

peace be with you...

Ape

Great topic...

If our life really had a definitive meaning and purpose to it, it would truly be a limited and a caged existence. Freedom would never be possible.

We are not here to do anything beyond what we impose on ourselves. You don't have to be reading this forum. You don't have to be responsible. You don't have to be moral.

All is based on your own choices and structures, and the void lets whatever be, well, be. It has no will of its own, like an infinitely endless canvas which lets you paint whatever you wish. :) . But of course, you're not the only artist here. :lol: .

It's great that you can cultivate effectively through 12 hour nightshifts!

_/\_

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Life is absolutely meaningless.

All values, goals, structure, the physical world, phenomena, the Buddhas, the immortals, etc. all amount to absolutely no true value or meaning. They are there and you see it because you have given it meaning and purpose. There are no gods, no self, no enlightenment, no end.

Agree but there is one thing though: energy manifesting in a bipolar way. Beyond that...well Buddhists call in nirvana. I yet need to experience that ultimate reality, until then I am here and now playing with Qi, yin and yang.

Choice and intent is what we ultimately are, and it guides our experiences through incredible complexities, like being here on Earth and sharing in its energy and dense physical reality. It leads us to encounter one another and shape our own "lands" which is Awareness itself, your immediate reality. Without the intent that carries our existence through, we'd be non-existent.

The only "God" outside of myself that I can acknowledge is the infinitude of the un-manifested possibilities, which is really "non-being," something that still cannot exist without my own "being" to actualize and explore it.

How can you separate the physical and the spiritual? Both definitions are quite, ahem, meaningless.

We are not here to do anything beyond what we impose on ourselves. You don't have to be reading this forum. You don't have to be responsible. You don't have to be moral.

All is based on your own choices and structures, and the void lets whatever be, well, be. It has no will of its own, like an infinitely endless canvas which lets you paint whatever you wish. :) . But of course, you're not the only artist here.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and replies.

I can understanding the perspectives offered, however, I feel the limitations of language are muddying up my ability to understand what you've written here.

To me, "god" is ever present, in every thing, at all times. There can never be separation.

For myself, the pursuit of spiritual transformation involved a greater understanding of this. However, there can never be an absolute or complete understanding, as we are limited in our capabilities to observe such vastness.

This understanding can come only from experience.

As for the second bolded portion, I am not sure if I agree with a lack of "will" either. Introducing a "will" would inherently lead to "right and wrong", duality, and separation, which goes against what I stated earlier.

I guess I'm coming around to your way of thinking? ;)

Thanks! B)

peace be with you...

Ape

Great topic...

I give you full credit for this post, I wish I would have said it sooner...

I look at the physical world as an ultimate manifestation of yin and yang, everything is yin and yang.

I'd rather accept that than question it. If I hole no value in the physical world, what will I lose when i leave it?

That is why it's beautiful to be passive in my opinion.

OP: You can give meaning to your life if you like, but I think it's important to remember that there's no ultimate purpose or inherent meaning involved. Don't forget that masks can be taken off.

Edited by nac

Don't forget that masks can be taken off.

I just wanted to say that I think this is an important concept.

Peace & Love!

I just wanted to say that I think this is an important concept.

Peace & Love!

Or that no one is actually behind the mask...masks on masks...

like..

those Scooby Doo villains. :lol::lol: .

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and replies.

I can understanding the perspectives offered, however, I feel the limitations of language are muddying up my ability to understand what you've written here.

To me, "god" is ever present, in every thing, at all times. There can never be separation.

For myself, the pursuit of spiritual transformation involved a greater understanding of this. However, there can never be an absolute or complete understanding, as we are limited in our capabilities to observe such vastness.

This understanding can come only from experience.

As for the second bolded portion, I am not sure if I agree with a lack of "will" either. Introducing a "will" would inherently lead to "right and wrong", duality, and separation, which goes against what I stated earlier.

I guess I'm coming around to your way of thinking? ;)

Thanks! B)

"God" is such a flexible concept, sometimes ones uses it to label anything one is in awe of. Like, as you mentined, this very existence. Me typing, you reading, us interacting. It's very very cool in a way.

I don't think we are limited in any way to observe the "vastness" you are speaking of. The vastness, or infinity, that is unmanifest (as in, all the "what if"s to a given situation) exists only as a potential relative to the very experience you are having now. It is almost irrelevant except as a confirmation of the freedom available to one's awareness. Of course, this is only earned when the attachment to identity is seen as an illusion. There is so much conditioning that binds us.

The question of "will" is something I struggled with very much, because when one believes in the non-dual experience to be the Truth, it is easy to conclude "oh, I have no will, there is no morality, I will just go with the flow."

But experience is actually inherently dual between a subject and a object. Time, space, identity all stem from the reflective nature of awareness. Now the actual subjects in this relationship, as in "me" and "you" are illusory. Find the real "me" or "you" and you won't find any definable source. It is often an assumption. The constancy is only in the relationship between the subject and object: the dynamic relativity. And this always changing relationship is guided by, or rather is: the will, the intent, the desire, or whatever you wish to call it. It ultimately shapes the immediate experience of being. The Bodhisattva chooses to revel in a state of an compassion relationship with everything/one. The Taoist may put more emphasis on harmony. (But the two are really the same).

Of course, life is a very complex array of subjects, objects, and intentions intermingled. :rolleyes: . So the knots from the past must be untangled through cultivation.

So no, I do not believe in absolute non-duality, as in everything is "God." Nor do I believe in the "letting go" to the divine. Acceptance has its place, but the Way is to ever evolve and transform.

Don't be a dead tree! :D .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Hi Lucky7,

Your post caused me thoughts when you spoke of 'going with the flow' and (implied) 'free will'.

I agree that 'going with the flow' if very Taoist; wu wei. But I think that there are times when the fllow is not so good and this is where we need express our free will. I call this living as an individual, special, unique person as opposed to being a herd animal. This, in my opinion is what living is about. Making things 'better' for ourself and for others instead of accepting that will belittle and demean us and life in general.

Peace & Love!