DustWalker

Zhan Zhuang Qigong

The highly competent Yiquan teacher Andrzej Kalisz have graced us with a new free e-book about Zhan Zhuang. Let me hear you say YEEEAH! :)

Download it at no cost whatsoever at www.yiquan.com.pl One of the better websites around for Yiquan info imho.

Direct link here.

Sweet!!! Thanks for posting! Too little is out there about this profound practice and every little morsel helps!

-Yoda

Sweet!!!  Thanks for posting!  Too little is out there about this profound practice and every little morsel helps!

-Yoda

9888[/snapback]

http://www.egreenway.com/taichichuan/wuji.htm

I had the luck to get a copy of an old video featuring Master Lam Kam Chuen (a Channel 4 production which is hardly available anymore)... it accompanoes his book Stand Still Be Fit very well... I have the new video as well showing the more advanced practices... but is is not so much an instruction video while the old one is for the basic standing postures... it includes Ba Duan Jin practice as well...

so. I can put it into the taobums library if somebody is interested...

Harry

I'm quite enjoying Master Lam Kam Chuen's Stand Still Be Fit

this;

Nice little flash siteheretoo

The highly competent Yiquan teacher Andrzej Kalisz have graced us with a new free e-book about Zhan Zhuang. Let me hear you say YEEEAH! :)

Download it at no cost whatsoever at www.yiquan.com.pl One of the better websites around for Yiquan info imho.

Direct link here.

Is it just me, or do these links not work?

Yes no longer active almost 5 years old (I love finding old posts :D) the others are o.k.

While I'm more interested in Stand Still Be Fit with a bit of google fu

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=engqigong104&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=pdf&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

there you go a new link to book from the 1st post ;)

Hi Mal,

Thank you for the link. :)

I practice (still at beginner's level) Zhan Zhuang from Master Lam Kam Chuen books and enjoy it very much. :)

Best Qi,

Neiye

Yes no longer active almost 5 years old (I love finding old posts :D) the others are o.k.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=engqigong104&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=pdf&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

Hi Mal,

Can't get that link to work could you check it?

Thnks.

A.

Hi apepch7,

Clink the link and add [2].pdf at the end of the line, then Enter.

It should work, this is what I've done.

Neiye

Thanks can't really get around the square bracket is a board command issue..... ok I'll just edit it to the google page.

Pretty sure it's been posted here a few times as I've got it siting in a pile of downloads

Anyone else had a go at Stand still be fit? I always seem to have something else to do besides Zhan Zhuang but I find Lam Kam Chuen quite inspiring.

Thanks can't really get around the square bracket is a board command issue..... ok I'll just edit it to the google page.

Pretty sure it's been posted here a few times as I've got it siting in a pile of downloads

Anyone else had a go at Stand still be fit? I always seem to have something else to do besides Zhan Zhuang but I find Lam Kam Chuen quite inspiring.

Thanks - got it now.

Hi Mal,

I've been praticing Zhan Zhuang since august 2009. Before that, I had been quite ill. I was supposed to be cured in sping 2009, but I was very tired, and even after 3 weeks of vacation, I was still tired. So I began zhan zhuang following Lam Kam chuen book The way of energy. After 3 weeks, I no longer felt tired. 2 months later, I felt I had again the energy that was missing for 5 years (since my child was born). :) :)

I always wonder if I should do some other taoist practices. But each time I did something different than zhan zhuang and leaving my zhan zhuang practice apart ( for a few days), I felt my energy cultivation dropping down. So I guess zhan zhuang has something special. :)

So at no cost I would stop it. As for adding something else, I am still searching.

Best qi,

Neiye

Hi Mal,

I've been praticing Zhan Zhuang since august 2009. Before that, I had been quite ill. I was supposed to be cured in sping 2009, but I was very tired, and even after 3 weeks of vacation, I was still tired. So I began zhan zhuang following Lam Kam chuen book The way of energy. After 3 weeks, I no longer felt tired. 2 months later, I felt I had again the energy that was missing for 5 years (since my child was born). :) :)

I always wonder if I should do some other taoist practices. But each time I did something different than zhan zhuang and leaving my zhan zhuang practice apart ( for a few days), I felt my energy cultivation dropping down. So I guess zhan zhuang has something special. :)

So at no cost I would stop it. As for adding something else, I am still searching.

Best qi,

Neiye

The obvious solution would be to do something in addition to ZZ not instead of it but I am guessing you don`t have time for that so you need to choose. You could do the inner smile or the secret smile WHILE you are doing ZZ. They can both also easily be done for a couple of minutes while waiting for the buss or on the buss or in a short break at work. For instructions to the secret smile you can use the search function as Santiago has posted them before or you could buy some of Glenn Morris`material. Michale Winn has instructions for the inner smile.

Edited by markern

http://www.google.co...s_nhi=&safe=off

Thanks for the new link. Too bad that the pdf's image quality is way below expectations....

The obvious solution would be to do something in addition to ZZ not instead of it but I am guessing you don`t have time for that so you need to choose. You could do the inner smile or the secret smile WHILE you are doing ZZ. They can both easily be done for a couple of minutes while waiting for the buss or on the buss or in a short break at work. For instructions to the secret smile you can use the search function as Santiago has posted them before or you could by some of Glenn Morris`material. Michale Winn has instructions for the inner smile.

Hi Markern,

Well, it is not so much that I don't have the time, but there is so much different practices available... I tried other practices leaving aside ZZ to compare the effects. So my conclusion is that zz should be a core practice (grounding, energezing etc...) I have to find some other practices I can trust. I have just sign in taobums and I have seen that some people around here have strong feelings toward some practices/teachers :lol:

I have very recently received MESY books,I will try.I am clearly lurking around HT based practices. If you have some tips I am willing to listen with an open mind :)

Anyway,thank you for the inner smile reminder,

Best,

Neiye

Hi Markern,

Well, it is not so much that I don't have the time, but there is so much different practices available... I tried other practices leaving aside ZZ to compare the effects. So my conclusion is that zz should be a core practice (grounding, energezing etc...) I have to find some other practices I can trust. I have just sign in taobums and I have seen that some people around here have strong feelings toward some practices/teachers :lol:

I have very recently received MESY books,I will try.I am clearly lurking around HT based practices. If you have some tips I am willing to listen with an open mind :)

Anyway,thank you for the inner smile reminder,

Best,

Neiye

Check out the threads on primordial qigong. Winn treaches it so it is in healing tao, it is awasome and 9 out of 10 loves it.

Check out the threads on primordial qigong. Winn treaches it so it is in healing tao, it is awasome and 9 out of 10 loves it.

Great, thanks!!

I will report back my experience ASAP.

Neiye

I second the Inner Smile and Primordial Qigong suggestions. A little disclaimer: PQ is powerful and can bring to the surface some suppressed energies, so be aware of that. What you can feel you can heal. Inner Smile baby.

If you're interested in physical healing, Winn also has a Deep Healing Qigong video that is apparently a lot like primordial but more medical. I haven't done it so I can't speak to it but if it's anything like primordial I'm sure it's great.

I second the Inner Smile and Primordial Qigong suggestions. A little disclaimer: PQ is powerful and can bring to the surface some suppressed energies, so be aware of that. What you can feel you can heal. Inner Smile baby.

If you're interested in physical healing, Winn also has a Deep Healing Qigong video that is apparently a lot like primordial but more medical. I haven't done it so I can't speak to it but if it's anything like primordial I'm sure it's great.

Thanks RyanO :)

I am eager to go deeper in my practice

Neiye

Thanks RyanO :)

I am eager to go deeper in my practice

Neiye

THat should be exactly what PQ will do. It is a very special form in that it in and of itself sets of the entire alchemical process with blending of heaven and earth energies, putting the fire beneath the water, the dan tiens etc. So unlike most moving and standing qigongs this form also works on stuff like on does in kan and li meditations etc. The form is also very balancing, grounding, builds a lot of energy, works the orbit and works the central channel a lot, works on the heart and more. As a general form it is quite unique. THen one can add specific practices for specific goals. Combining this with the inner smile is good IMO because the inner smile lets you work specificly on every gland, organ or whatever part of the body you want (or you can do a general whole body version). HTat way you have the most important general process taken care of and you can work on specifics.

You could read this thread. It has a lot of good suggestions for building a practice for beginners and I have written about combining PQ and inner smile with a couple of other things in it:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/12983-the-tao-bum-pai/

Edited by markern

THat should be exactly what PQ will do. It is a very special form in that it in and of itself sets of the entire alchemical process with blending of heaven and earth energies, putting the fire beneath the water, the dan tiens etc. So unlike most moving and standing qigongs this form also works on stuff like on does in kan and li meditations etc. The form is also very balancing, grounding, builds a lot of energy, works the orbit and works the central channel a lot, works on the heart and more. As a general form it is quite unique. THen one can add specific practices for specific goals. Combining this with the inner smile is good IMO because the inner smile lets you work specificly on every gland, organ or whatever part of the body you want (or you can do a general whole body version). HTat way you have the most important general process taken care of and you can work on specifics.

You could read this thread. It has a lot of good suggestions for building a practice for beginners and I have written about combining PQ and inner smile with a couple of other things in it:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/12983-the-tao-bum-pai/

Thanks for all the good informations (sound hard like ads for PQ! :lol: )

I looked at the tao-bum-pai thread and found the suggestions. I will try to make my way through them.

While waiting for the PQ learning material, I will dive into the inner smile.

Thanks again for your help, very very appreciated,

Neiye

Thanks for all the good informations (sound hard like ads for PQ! :lol: )

I looked at the tao-bum-pai thread and found the suggestions. I will try to make my way through them.

While waiting for the PQ learning material, I will dive into the inner smile.

Thanks again for your help, very very appreciated,

Neiye

Yes I get paid per post like Drew for Springforest qigong :lol: I actually don`t practice it any more. It just does not fit so well into my overal plan of practices but it easily could have.

Yes I get paid per post like Drew for Springforest qigong :lol: I actually don`t practice it any more. It just does not fit so well into my overal plan of practices but it easily could have.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

May I ask what are you into now?