buscon

Cold hands during practice

hi all,

when I practice qigong, especially in the morning, I have cold hands and they turn to be colder as I practice.

At the end of my qigong session I usually practice some massages and it's quite difficult to warm up my hands again.

I live in Berlin and it's almost winter; when I wake up I open the window and I give the room an airing. After that I practice, so the temperature it's not really warm but not even too cold - I'm not really sensitive to cold and usually my hands are quite warm, even outside.

Do you have any advice ?

Maybe it's releated to some blockade that I have - I work at the computer all the day, in the last month I solved a big blockade at the shoulter, maybe still there smt ?

The hands should turn quite warm during practice, shouldn't they ?

The experience of qi is different for everyone.

Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming suggests in one of his books that much of the warmth felt is actually due to resistance in the body to qi current flow. The light energy is being converted to heat. Thus as channels open more, the warmth subsides.

Some people do feel cold or tingling sensations as qi moves too. I believe that you will eventually find a balance point between the cold and warm as fire and water mix producing a mildly warm steam.

HI BUSCON ,

I m practicing more than eight years and I m still suprising some times.

When in Lotus and meditation, my hands some times are hot ,some times are cold. It has not to do with enviroment conditions I am practicing nacked,(indoors), :P ,and cold or heat is not a problem.

I have no answer on this,my Instructor never explain me.

When I am practising chi kung there is always a heat.Especcialy on Lao kung "subchakra",and my palms become "red".

I m looking also for an answer on that....(the cold-hot issue).

thank you for your answers.

As I practice since not that long, I was worried about doing smt wrong, even though I feel really relaxed since I'm doing qigong and especially when I do it :)

I'll keep practicing and let you know if it changes.

Are there some special qigong exercise to warm up the hands ? could be a better solution instead of energically rubbing my hands at the end of the exercise session :)

thank you for your answers.

As I practice since not that long, I was worried about doing smt wrong, even though I feel really relaxed since I'm doing qigong and especially when I do it :)

I'll keep practicing and let you know if it changes.

Are there some special qigong exercise to warm up the hands ? could be a better solution instead of energically rubbing my hands at the end of the exercise session :)

If you feel good while your hands turn cold, it means your qigong practice causes qi and blood to be diverted from the periphery of your body to nourish your inner organs, which may be what you need. If you don't feel good while this is happening, it may be your body's way to tell you it's not really into this particular practice, for whatever reason.

If you do feel good and still want to keep your hands warm, wear gloves while practicing. I used to do qigong with a group of people in the park in any weather, including in winter (cold East Coast winter), including sitting meditations. Some of the practitioners remained warm and some felt hot, but I was just a beginner then and I used to freeze my ass off, so I piled up layers of clothes shamelessly. :)

But if what you want is some mind-over-matter exercises to warm up the hands, practice visualization -- submerging your hands in buckets of hot coals, or your blood igniting and flowing like liquid lava to your fingertips, or some such. The classic autogenic formula is "my hands are getting warmer" repeated mentally in sync with your breathing. Then you "breathe" the formula into your hands and "breathe out" through your fingertips.

With taijiquan I get warm a minute into the routine even if I start out cold, and better yet, it cools me off when the weather is hot. A good practice is smart like this, but this comes with practice :), I didn't have these "correct" thermal effects early on.

hi all,

when I practice qigong, especially in the morning, I have cold hands and they turn to be colder as I practice.

At the end of my qigong session I usually practice some massages and it's quite difficult to warm up my hands again.

I live in Berlin and it's almost winter; when I wake up I open the window and I give the room an airing. After that I practice, so the temperature it's not really warm but not even too cold - I'm not really sensitive to cold and usually my hands are quite warm, even outside.

Do you have any advice ?

Maybe it's releated to some blockade that I have - I work at the computer all the day, in the last month I solved a big blockade at the shoulter, maybe still there smt ?

Hello buscon

I have a hunch. From now on leave the window open while asleep and shut the window when you get out of bed.

Make sure the room is eavenly temperately

balanced before you start your qigong exercise. never ever practise with window open or with draft.

How long have you practised? the shoulder blockage is probably giving you a hard time, may I ask what kind of qigong exercises you are doing? Personallly qigong has improved my over all circulation and I no longer have cold arms. I have had serious injury in collar bone and frozen shoulder but specific exercises practised every day and others formerly done for longer spans of time have and do keep the circulation of qi flowing.

I have som great exercises for you if you want.

And not to be boring, but alignment alignment is the sentral message here. You have to work with your root chakcra as well. and I know no better way than Zhan Zhuang. also remember to close.

ps the cold can be a symptom. cold release so that warmth can replace it. cold from an earlier acute infection..

Edited by rain

If you feel good while your hands turn cold, it means your qigong practice causes qi and blood to be diverted from the periphery of your body to nourish your inner organs, which may be what you need. If you don't feel good while this is happening, it may be your body's way to tell you it's not really into this particular practice, for whatever reason.

I actually feel good when I practice, and my qigong is going better in different meanings: better posture, I'm more relaxed, kung fu also is going better.

Lately I've eaten a lot of yin food(vegetables and fruits) in order to "clean up" a little my body and less starch, that I use to eat a lot - maybe could be a reason...

But if what you want is some mind-over-matter exercises to warm up the hands, practice visualization -- submerging your hands in buckets of hot coals, or your blood igniting and flowing like liquid lava to your fingertips, or some such. The classic autogenic formula is "my hands are getting warmer" repeated mentally in sync with your breathing. Then you "breathe" the formula into your hands and "breathe out" through your fingertips.

That sounds good, I'll try for sure, thx for the tip ;)

I have a hunch. From now on leave the window open while asleep and shut the window when you get out of bed.

Make sure the room is eavenly temperately

balanced before you start your qigong exercise. never ever practise with window open or with draft.

ok, I can try that.

Anyway I usually just open the window for 5-10 minutes then close it and afterwards I start practising

How long have you practised? the shoulder blockage is probably giving you a hard time, may I ask what kind of qigong exercises you are doing? Personallly qigong has improved my over all circulation and I no longer have cold arms. I have had serious injury in collar bone and frozen shoulder but specific exercises practised every day and others formerly done for longer spans of time have and do keep the circulation of qi flowing.

I have som great exercises for you if you want.

And not to be boring, but alignment alignment is the sentral message here. You have to work with your root chakcra as well. and I know no better way than Zhan Zhuang. also remember to close.

I'm practising since almost one year, both kung fu and qigong. qigong everyday, kung fu 3 times a week.

I can say that I'm rooted and alignment - of course still a long way in front of me, but I feel like I have a good basis now.

Anyway I still practicing some alignment work, especially for kung - just standing in sei pin ma or mapu position, breathing in the dan tien for 10 minutes.

What do you mean when you say that I have to close the Zhan Zhuang posisition ? you mean put the foots together and hands on the dan tien ?

about the shoulder blockage, I've worked on it since may and since september is really better - still smt to do, but now my back is straight even when I work at the computer :)

That's what I practice regularly:

- eight brocades

- medical and taoist exercise of the book "qigong empowerment", I began with the taoist exercises then lately I'm doing the organ related exercise so I also started to work with my feelings; next step will be the fusion of the 5 elements - I know it's already a lot, but it's a good thing to have a path in front of you :)

- so wai qigong that I learn at the kung fu school

- standing position and dissolving blockades from the book "Opening the energy gates of your body" - next step will be to move

Maybe I put too much stuff, but I feel really better since I'm doing it.

ps the cold can be a symptom. cold release so that warmth can replace it. cold from an earlier acute infection..

Two events that could be related:

- Two weeks ago I had a strong cold after I quit smoking one month ago - it was one week cold, I cannot remember such a strong one. I think it was a way of "put out all the shit" of my body. Now I feel really better and stronger.

- I use to have a lot of insomnia before and at the beginning of my kung fu and qigong practice. Now it's almost disappeared, but two nights ago happened again, even though I was really relaxed. I'm trying to watch and understand my feelings at the moment, so it was smt that I've just accepted and observed, a possibility to better understand me.

Thank you again for your precious help, my practice is going further also because of this forum and the great people that are here!

peace & awareness

It takes 3 months to clear out the toxins from smoking so you are probably going through some great healing right now! Congratulations. Also if you drink anything that activates your kidney adrenaline -- like if you drink coffee in the morning -- OR if you have sugar which overactivates the pancreas and then the adrenals have to extract blood from your extremities. That's why both sugar and coffee cause cold hands and cold feet.

Thanks for sharing.

I actually feel good when I practice, and my qigong is going better in different meanings: better posture, I'm more relaxed, kung fu also is going better.

Lately I've eaten a lot of yin food(vegetables and fruits) in order to "clean up" a little my body and less starch, that I use to eat a lot - maybe could be a reason...

That sounds good, I'll try for sure, thx for the tip ;)

ok, I can try that.

Anyway I usually just open the window for 5-10 minutes then close it and afterwards I start practising

I'm practising since almost one year, both kung fu and qigong. qigong everyday, kung fu 3 times a week.

I can say that I'm rooted and alignment - of course still a long way in front of me, but I feel like I have a good basis now.

Anyway I still practicing some alignment work, especially for kung - just standing in sei pin ma or mapu position, breathing in the dan tien for 10 minutes.

What do you mean when you say that I have to close the Zhan Zhuang posisition ? you mean put the foots together and hands on the dan tien ?

about the shoulder blockage, I've worked on it since may and since september is really better - still smt to do, but now my back is straight even when I work at the computer :)

That's what I practice regularly:

- eight brocades

- medical and taoist exercise of the book "qigong empowerment", I began with the taoist exercises then lately I'm doing the organ related exercise so I also started to work with my feelings; next step will be the fusion of the 5 elements - I know it's already a lot, but it's a good thing to have a path in front of you :)

- so wai qigong that I learn at the kung fu school

- standing position and dissolving blockades from the book "Opening the energy gates of your body" - next step will be to move

Maybe I put too much stuff, but I feel really better since I'm doing it.

Two events that could be related:

- Two weeks ago I had a strong cold after I quit smoking one month ago - it was one week cold, I cannot remember such a strong one. I think it was a way of "put out all the shit" of my body. Now I feel really better and stronger.

- I use to have a lot of insomnia before and at the beginning of my kung fu and qigong practice. Now it's almost disappeared, but two nights ago happened again, even though I was really relaxed. I'm trying to watch and understand my feelings at the moment, so it was smt that I've just accepted and observed, a possibility to better understand me.

Thank you again for your precious help, my practice is going further also because of this forum and the great people that are here!

peace & awareness

It takes 3 months to clear out the toxins from smoking so you are probably going through some great healing right now! Congratulations. Also if you drink anything that activates your kidney adrenaline -- like if you drink coffee in the morning -- OR if you have sugar which overactivates the pancreas and then the adrenals have to extract blood from your extremities. That's why both sugar and coffee cause cold hands and cold feet.

Thanks for sharing.

hi drewhempel,

usually I don't drink coffee, just occasionaly.

I mainly drink green tea since a lot of years: that's what it has taken me to qigong and kung fu.

In the morning I drink low caffeine tea (bancha or kukicha), because I'm already awake without caffeine.

I use no sugar at all, and I eat very little sweet stuff, just some self-made marmelade (with sugar) on the bread every morning.

anyway, thank you for your post :)

Could be qi deficiency in the kidneys. So may want to try kidney qi gong.

And or..

To much masturbation. Sorry to be the one to say it.

Could be qi deficiency in the kidneys. So may want to try kidney qi gong.

And or..

To much masturbation. Sorry to be the one to say it.

eheh, no problem - the qigong practice also healed that point :P

Anyway, maybe it's just deficiency in the kidneys, but as far as I feel I don't think so.

But some kidney qigong will give me the best answer :)

thx

Edited by buscon

Chunyi Lin recommend black beans and Chinese black sesame seeds for kidney deficiency. I guess the color black is kidney energy but also is connected with iron (black beans). Black sesame seeds are very high in tryptophan. Of course cayenne gets the blood circulating well and heats you up! Here in Minnesota a trick is to put cayenne in your socks in the winter -- well it's kind of silly.

eheh, no problem - the qigong practice also healed that point :P

Anyway, maybe it's just deficiency in the kidneys, but as far as I feel I don't think so.

But some kidney qigong will give me the best answer :)

thx

Chunyi Lin recommend black beans and Chinese black sesame seeds for kidney deficiency. I guess the color black is kidney energy but also is connected with iron (black beans). Black sesame seeds are very high in tryptophan. Of course cayenne gets the blood circulating well and heats you up! Here in Minnesota a trick is to put cayenne in your socks in the winter -- well it's kind of silly.

Not really that silly. The body can absorb and release things through the skin, especially certain areas like the soles of the feet. They make dextoxifying foot pads with certain herbs that supposedly draw toxins out of the body through the feet. I have heard of putting herbs in one's socks for absorption before, and of course people are commonly known to rub tinctures, distillations, and even whole herbs on the skin all over the body.

Thanks for sharing.

My turn to say thanks for sharing. I appreciate the info.

I'm reading your book now and I'm tossed btw thinking this is genious and this is mad rambling. It may very well be due to my intellectual shortcomings. Malapropos & then maybe not, I just had an interesting encounter with a freemason muscle therapist and he gave me a lecture on King Solomon and Tyr, and I told him about the rock churches of Lalibela, which he'd never heard about...can you recommend some books on the subject?

About smoking and how long it takes before the body is clean; an athletic sportif guy told me, 10 yrs after he quit smoking he woke up with a tar-tounge.

Another question, your laughter, the HAHA's..does your heart get over-exited? If so what do you do to harmonize and balance your heart energy?

Yes, wearing black clothes has everything to do. Usually people with excessive Yang kidney have a tendency to wear black clothes because black is the water color (by the law of attraction like attracts like), and usually they have black spots or even black circles around the eyes. Which means they are Yin deficient, they have too much fire in the kidney, they should eat white (metal) Yin foods. Also they could wear yellow (earth color) clothes to tonify the earth energy that controls the water energy, or do specific qigong to tonify the spleen (earth).

If you have cold hands during the practice, may be several causes. This is because the peripheral circulation is not activated - the fire energy that comes from heart/small intestine and pericard/triple heater. It may be a blockage in the shoulder area - Da Zhui - great vertebra where Yang energy from the body spread to the arms and hands. Also you may have too little Yang energy due to your diet, maybe you should add some red hot spicy foods to activate the fire body and to rise the heat in the upper heater (heart and lungs). But be aware too much heat activated will rise to the head and will lead to a headache.

Usually people with red faces have a very active heart/triple heater energy. They are naturally hot so they should balance their energy by wearing black clothes and eat black foods like mentioned by drew because black/water controls the red/fire. Also depends what kind of qigong ones practice, usually meditation in lotus pose rise the heat energy from lower dantien/lower heater up to the heart area (upper heater/middle dantien) due to piramidal geometry and energetic blockages in the lower limbs. For instance the crossing legs in lotus pose blocks the San Yinjiao point (The Three Yin Gathering) where the three Yin meridians of liver, kidney and spleen meet.

Sweets and green tea are very Yin. Green tea is used by Taoists to control and balance the Yang energy risen due to meditation and sexual kung fu. So in my opinion you have already a Yin qigong practice, you should balance with some Yang foods, or viceversa.

Hi buscon. I wouldn't worry about it too much. From what I have seen, in the first year

or two of practice it is not uncommon for people to be a little too tense when practicing

because they are focusing a lot on trying to do the movements and postures right and what not.

Sometimes we think we are relaxing but actually we are holding tension in various places without

realizing it. I'd say just try to relax as much as you can when practicing and don't dwell on it too much,

and the circulation to your hands should start improving on its own over time. If your room is cold, that

will definitely be a factor as well. If you are doing practices that involve a lot of deliberate tension

such as hard style qigong or kung fu, then I can't really offer much advice on that. Doing some

repetitive calisthenic type movements that stimulate the blood circulation to the arms, such as jumping

jacks and the like, as a warm up before practicing might help as well if your room is really cold.

Best wishes...

:)

Edited by Iskote

RAIN BEFORE I READ YOUR COMMENT TO ME I WAS SECRETLY INSPIRED BY YOUR ABOVE MENTION OF

Zhan Zhuang

SO I MADE IT THE SOURCE FOR MY LATEST BLOG POST LAST NIGHT.

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot...radictions.html

Hi rain -- glad to hear your reading "my" book? haha. Which one? I had a blog book but then I deleted it! haha. Then there's my masters thesis online "epicenters of justice" now scribd.... you mean "trance songs?" I wrote that on the fly at a university library in a few hours -- full of spelling errors and I didn't even proof-read it! haha. Well I have stuff scattered all over in pieces like the body of Osiris.

And yes that's what happens to the heart. Scattered to pieces. Kali made Shiva not the other way around, as some energy masters claim! haha. Bones of the Master -- George Crane's amazing book on the Ch'an Master who lives in the Catskills in New York. He eats lots of potatoes which have high potassium and alkalize the body -- yin -- so potatoes are the "grain" of choice against wheat and nuts. haha. I mean is it

heart-burn or a broken heart??! haha.

O.K. seriously the energy just shoots out of the pineal gland as electromagnetic fields and then gets sucked back into the body as electrochemical energy. It's true that to further open up the 3rd Eye for more powerful healing you have to go DEEPER into the EMPTINESS which means a more intense level of yang electromagnetic energy. That requires guidance and a special practice setting, transmission from a master, or as the Buddhists say -- it requires MERIT. As Yan Xin says its requires

TE or virtue -- George Crane's master says that he's always dealing with the emotion of the BROKEN HEART -- the compassion he feels for the world. The BROKEN HEART is the eros over-excitement heart energy PLUS the sadness lung energy turning into metal as COURAGE via the kidney energy force. The full-lotus does this transformation naturally as a vortex of elemental fusion.

That's the Greater Kan and Li of the macrocosmic orbit -- the SUN electrical and magnetic LUNAR energy or LEVEL III of http://springforestqigong.com -- that's the level Chunyi Lin teaches FASTING (to switch the body to Sun-Moon direct energy!!) and also Chunyi Lin does 3rd Eye laser-love transmission, touching peoples' foreheads.

The 4th level is the Rainbow Body for deeper bone healing of HIV Positive, etc.

Also at long distance Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance can BURN UP THE BRAIN!! haha. Read "Nothing Ever Happens" by David Godman on H.W.L. Poonja, the advaita student-master of Ramana Maharshi. Poonjaji did that brain burning to one of his students but accidently did it TOO STRONG and the student ran around all day screaming that he was Jesus! haha.

Which finally brings me to your answer -- I just sit in full-lotus MORE because full-lotus naturally cycles the energy out of the body and back into the body so that a larger balance occurs with the people around you, with the diet imbalances, with the weather changes, with bad drug intake, physical injuries. Those are the main blockages.

As Chunyi Lin says the more we heal others the more we heal ourselves.

The source of the energy is not an emotion -- but the source as emptiness or pure awareness naturally creates light and electromagnetic chi and then bliss. So our natural state through the pineal gland while in full-lotus is the bliss

haha

state. haha.

Seriously though whenever I need an electromagnetic charge up I sit in full-lotus but I have to wait a while after eating. Also I do it when my parents are not in the room (they're in the mid-70s and so I get to heal them now!). I get energy from food but I have to counteract bad diet with antiseptic, etc. I used to do garlic but now I'm doing vinegar and lemon juice. haha. Otherwise I'd be fasting more and have a strict diet but food is ritualistic and people get mad if you don't eat their food! haha. If we fast in the Buddhist tradition it means the asuras can possess you because it's not understood how someone can not be hungry without food! haha. The secret is about the sex energy which is of course taboo! haha.

As Chunyi Lin says the energy is always transforming but the simplest is the most powerful: Use your consciousness to go into the emptiness. 20 minutes of full-lotus = 4 hours of any other meditation practice.

My turn to say thanks for sharing. I appreciate the info.

I'm reading your book now and I'm tossed btw thinking this is genious and this is mad rambling. It may very well be due to my intellectual shortcomings. Malapropos & then maybe not, I just had an interesting encounter with a freemason muscle therapist and he gave me a lecture on King Solomon and Tyr, and I told him about the rock churches of Lalibela, which he'd never heard about...can you recommend some books on the subject?

About smoking and how long it takes before the body is clean; an athletic sportif guy told me, 10 yrs after he quit smoking he woke up with a tar-tounge.

Another question, your laughter, the HAHA's..does your heart get over-exited? If so what do you do to harmonize and balance your heart energy?

Edited by drewhempel

Yes, wearing black clothes has everything to do. Usually people with excessive Yang kidney have a tendency to wear black clothes because black is the water color (by the law of attraction like attracts like), and usually they have black spots or even black circles around the eyes. Which means they are Yin deficient, they have too much fire in the kidney, they should eat white (metal) Yin foods. Also they could wear yellow (earth color) clothes to tonify the earth energy that controls the water energy, or do specific qigong to tonify the spleen (earth).

If you have cold hands during the practice, may be several causes. This is because the peripheral circulation is not activated - the fire energy that comes from heart/small intestine and pericard/triple heater. It may be a blockage in the shoulder area - Da Zhui - great vertebra where Yang energy from the body spread to the arms and hands. Also you may have too little Yang energy due to your diet, maybe you should add some red hot spicy foods to activate the fire body and to rise the heat in the upper heater (heart and lungs). But be aware too much heat activated will rise to the head and will lead to a headache.

Usually people with red faces have a very active heart/triple heater energy. They are naturally hot so they should balance their energy by wearing black clothes and eat black foods like mentioned by drew because black/water controls the red/fire. Also depends what kind of qigong ones practice, usually meditation in lotus pose rise the heat energy from lower dantien/lower heater up to the heart area (upper heater/middle dantien) due to piramidal geometry and energetic blockages in the lower limbs. For instance the crossing legs in lotus pose blocks the San Yinjiao point (The Three Yin Gathering) where the three Yin meridians of liver, kidney and spleen meet.

Sweets and green tea are very Yin. Green tea is used by Taoists to control and balance the Yang energy risen due to meditation and sexual kung fu. So in my opinion you have already a Yin qigong practice, you should balance with some Yang foods, or viceversa.

I also think that yang food would be a good thing. I also need some spleen and heart qigong - your advices look sensible to me, thx :)

@Iskote: relaxation is a subject, I'm going every day a little bit more into it, I need time :)

Updates will follow.

I update my situation, in order to have a better view of what I'm doing.

I finally understood that there was some imbalance and was because of too low yang water.

The point is not that my kidneys were ill, but the overall state of my body is changing, and I always have to find a new order :)

In the last month I started eating more kidney food (black beans, black sesame, barley, etc.). Two weeks ago I had some emotional imbalance even with one night insomnia, that drained my kidneys; after that I was kind of starting from zero and but I easily recovered.

Last weekend I had a wet dream; anyway I kept nourishing my kidney, with good food, kidney qigong from the book "qigong empowerment" (simple but effective), kung fu, squats and (quite new and very important) some short sessions of taoist yoga, but just the first stage: fixing the spirit.

I'm practising semen retention too, but quite naturally: at the moment I don't have a partner and I'm not interesting in porn.

This morning I woke up with a great heat in the kidneys and genitals, I was quite thirsty.

I did some qigong, without concentration on the kidneys - I just felt like to let flow all this heat with some MCO circulation. I massaged a little my body, but not that much (I actually wanted to massage my kidney channel but I forgot it....).

During the day I experienced a pleasant warm in my hands and all through the body, like when I was younger :)

Now I'm thinking about this experience: could be some kidney blockades opening ? Should I countinue nourishing the kidneys or what else ?

Should I take advantage of this extra energy and put into the 8 extraordinary channels ?

Thank you for your precious advices :)

Edited by buscon

thanks and that's awesome. Notice that your mind is now more focused so to be analyze the subtle energy. I recommend the Level 1 small universe c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- you can get the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. which is 1/2 hour of small universe (microcosmic orbit) -- only like $11 I think or there's just an hour of small universe c.d.

When the kidneys get hot that's the first sign and if you keep practicing the small universe microcosmic orbit -- this c.d. is a really great tool because it makes the practice very very easy. Along with half-lotus mind yoga and work your way into full-lotus.

Anyway the active exercises are the best at first but then you move more into the mind to open the third eye. First the kidneys get hot, then the thymus gland gets hot -- that's when you start making more electromagnetic fields from the heart.

Then you feel your pituitary gland and your pineal gland get hot and filled with electromagnetic energy.

I update my situation, in order to have a better view of what I'm doing.

I finally understood that there was some imbalance and was because of too low yang water.

The point is not that my kidneys were ill, but the overall state of my body is changing, and I always have to find a new order :)

In the last month I started eating more kidney food (black beans, black sesame, barley, etc.). Two weeks ago I had some emotional imbalance even with one night insomnia, that drained my kidneys; after that I was kind of starting from zero and but I easily recovered.

Last weekend I had a wet dream; anyway I kept nourishing my kidney, with good food, kidney qigong from the book "qigong empowerment" (simple but effective), kung fu, squats and (quite new and very important) some short sessions of taoist yoga, but just the first stage: fixing the spirit.

I'm practising semen retention too, but quite naturally: at the moment I don't have a partner and I'm not interesting in porn.

This morning I woke up with a great heat in the kidneys and genitals, I was quite thirsty.

I did some qigong, without concentration on the kidneys - I just felt like to let flow all this heat with some MCO circulation. I massaged a little my body, but not that much (I actually wanted to massage my kidney channel but I forgot it....).

During the day I experienced a pleasant warm in my hands and all through the body, like when I was younger :)

Now I'm thinking about this experience: could be some kidney blockades opening ? Should I countinue nourishing the kidneys or what else ?

Should I take advantage of this extra energy and put into the 8 extraordinary channels ?

If you continue nourishing the kidney, you will have quite often wet dreams, at least once a month. This is a sign that your Yang kidney is overflowing so it's time to balance with some Yin.

This is a clear sign you need to cool down a little bit. Drink water. If your urine is dark then you have Yang excess. If your urine is clear white or even turbid you have a Yin excess. The best is in between a yellow clear color which shows a Yin-Yang balance.

Yes, the excesive Yang energy that you build in the lower dantien instead of loosing it by a wet dream or by an insomnia, is time to raise up higher to the middle dantien (solar plexus and heart area) and to spread to the limbs (arms and legs). I recommend you the 5 tibetan rites, and also the sixth rite if you practice retention, it should help, but pay careful attention not to overheat the internal organs. Keep the balance of Yin/Yang, Water/Fire.

Think about the steam, if you have water in your cauldron with no fire, the water is cold. If you have fire the water will heat and will produce steam, if your fire is too big you end up evaporating all the water and you will burn the cauldron, so be careful allways to have some water in your cauldron and some fire that keeps the water hot and steamy.

thanks and that's awesome. Notice that your mind is now more focused so to be analyze the subtle energy. I recommend the Level 1 small universe c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- you can get the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. which is 1/2 hour of small universe (microcosmic orbit) -- only like $11 I think or there's just an hour of small universe c.d.

When the kidneys get hot that's the first sign and if you keep practicing the small universe microcosmic orbit -- this c.d. is a really great tool because it makes the practice very very easy. Along with half-lotus mind yoga and work your way into full-lotus.

Anyway the active exercises are the best at first but then you move more into the mind to open the third eye. First the kidneys get hot, then the thymus gland gets hot -- that's when you start making more electromagnetic fields from the heart.

Then you feel your pituitary gland and your pineal gland get hot and filled with electromagnetic energy.

Ok, I actually already wanted to have a try with spring forest, I'll do it for sure :)

On the other side, I've already felt the pituitary gland, it started pulsing with "fixing the cavity" meditation of taoist yoga :)

If you continue nourishing the kidney, you will have quite often wet dreams, at least once a month. This is a sign that your Yang kidney is overflowing so it's time to balance with some Yin.

This is a clear sign you need to cool down a little bit. Drink water. If your urine is dark then you have Yang excess. If your urine is clear white or even turbid you have a Yin excess. The best is in between a yellow clear color which shows a Yin-Yang balance.

Ok, I've got it - how can build some yin kidney energy ? I've read somewhere on the internet to have more contemplative time in your life, could be a way ?

Yes, the excesive Yang energy that you build in the lower dantien instead of loosing it by a wet dream or by an insomnia, is time to raise up higher to the middle dantien (solar plexus and heart area) and to spread to the limbs (arms and legs). I recommend you the 5 tibetan rites, and also the sixth rite if you practice retention, it should help, but pay careful attention not to overheat the internal organs. Keep the balance of Yin/Yang, Water/Fire.

Think about the steam, if you have water in your cauldron with no fire, the water is cold. If you have fire the water will heat and will produce steam, if your fire is too big you end up evaporating all the water and you will burn the cauldron, so be careful allways to have some water in your cauldron and some fire that keeps the water hot and steamy.

I'll try the 5/6 tibetan rites and I'll tell you.

About moving the energy to the middle dantien and to the limbs ? Could be useful some "heart" qigong ?

About the steam, how can I use it without disperding ? - maybe sounds dumb, and it's already in front of my eyes, but I cannot see it...

Edited by buscon

Ok, I actually already wanted to have a try with spring forest, I'll do it for sure :)

On the other side, I've already felt the pituitary gland, it started pulsing with "fixing the cavity" meditation of taoist yoga :)

That's why you had an insomnia, because the energy rised up to the head - the third dantien - pineal and pituitary glands. It is better to take it slow... first build the first dantien, then build the second, and then the third, it will take you more than a year so take it slow...

Ok, I've got it - how can build some yin kidney energy ? I've read somewhere on the internet to have more contemplative time in your life, could be a way ?

yes, taichi, zhan zhuang is a way to build Yin kidney. Yin energy is the static electricity of the earth and plants.

Also diet, Yin energy is within alkaline foods: http://www.tao-garden.com/5elements/5ElementsCDmenu.html

http://www.tao-garden.com/5elements/Water.html

I'll try the 5/6 tibetan rites and I'll tell you.

About moving the energy to the middle dantien and to the limbs ? Could be useful some "heart" qigong ?

yes, spring forest qigong is excellent. 5 tibetan rites is more vigurous and disperse the Yang and balances the central channel.

About the steam, how can I use it without disperding ? - maybe sounds dumb, and it's already in front of my eyes, but I cannot see it...

"Steam" is a metaphor. The nature of the steam is to disperse. If you cool down, the "steam" liquify turning back to "water". If you cool down further the "water" solidify/crystalize turning to "ice/crystal/metal element".

The purpose of the "steam" is to clean and open all the channels. It is easier to clean with hot water than with cold water. Normally the energy goes slow on the Yin channels and goes very quick on the Yang channels. If you circulate cold energy is very difficult and even if you can, the circulation is slower. If you heat a little bit the Yin energy will circulate quicker. Yin is body fluids and hormones, Yang is bio-electro-magnetism. If you cool down the Yang energy will circulate slower, it is just a matter of fine tunning, you need to make aquaintance with your body and your organs.

Liver likes it warm and moist. Spleen likes it dry and warm. Stomach likes it cool and wet and does not like dry. Lungs does not like it neither too dry nor too moist. Listen to them what they like... :)

Edited by steam