Taiji Bum

Video: Drugs and Tai Chi Sword Lesson #4

Why so judgemental brother? I expect a wider awareness from someone who practices energy work as much as you do.

I couldn't take it and shut off the vid half way through.

Edited by Nilo

:D .... So .... what i guess your saying is ... Dont do drugs? :P

Cool intro, really liked it - "Oh you canght me training!"

Fantastic, love it :)

My friends, including myself, that have had spiritual experiences on drugs live life just as divided and separated from others as any average American. It all comes down to the individual's willpower, effort, and choice.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

After further consideration, I think your video is really disgusting.

First of all you don't have a sound argument at all ... "Don't do drugs, they are like poison for your brain" is not an argument, it is a statement. And not even a creative statement at that. All I heard was "Don't do drugs" then something about a bottom up approach and then it turned into blah, blah, blah. It is completely unconvincing and anyone on the fence would laugh at your attempt.

You insulted precious indigenous cultures -- monkey hunters -- you effectively called them. Please do not belittle people that are rooted and grounded to the earth and nature, that is abhorrent.

In your other post you asked for some ideas. Did you think at all about this before you filmed and posted it? Is this a product you would stand behind .... really? Because I would be endlessly embarrassed by it.

And I am reluctant to say it, but the whole thing comes off as very white and anglo-saxon, unaccepting of other ideas and beliefs. You do not sound like someone that is at all enlightened or with kundalini development.

Respectfully,

Dave

Edited by Deepbluesea

Darin--I LOVE your video man! I all too often feel like (practically) the only sane person in a sea full of crazy people. Your videos have all been like a life buoy. I have tried many drugs once or twice, and some have been more pleasurable than others, but no matter how 'cool' some delusion seemed, they were all just that.

I count myself lucky that I realized how ridiculous a notion it is that one may become spiritually advanced by drugs. They can be really fun, but then again so can eating cake and ice cream for every meal...Im glad I still have an intellect and most of a brain!

I wish I could hang out with you and talk sometime man! Your videos are all so simple, yet so profound. If other people want to delude themselves, and justify their disagreements with you, or shut out what you have to say, I believe it is their loss. In the most platonic way, I have a lot of love for you for sharing these videos.

Awesome stuff! Please, keep it coming!

yeah your comments on indigenous people isn't very intelligent, that is true. Also, you seem kind of ignorant of the entire shamanic tradition besides the fact that a substance is used.

About your Taiji, try to connect your arms to your body, they are very light and don't have much in them.

When I opened it a youtube sidebar popped up my teacher's sword demo -- whoever was upset by the thread please watch for a change of pace... he's a former champion of Beijing in this... :)

That youtube video only supports the theme in Darin's video. 'Doing drugs' and taking part in an actual, authentic ritual with a real shaman like that man was are two different things entirely. Those men had a guide-the shaman. They got something out of it all besides just a wicked high. People in the western, 'civilized' world taking 'Ayahuasca' at home or with some 'white guy' who sell it to them are bound to make about a much progress as people who start meditating without ever learning how to meditate. Or learning certain qigong from books. There are risks. Taking drugs to get high and partaking in the ritual of that shaman are not the same thing. There aren't real shamans like that all over the place in the western world. Also, the old shaman in that vid said he went into the jungle with his father for EIGHT YEARS to learn what he was doing. Totally different than setting on a couch and getting high.

Also, for those who live in the Jungle, perhaps healing like that is all they need--but take those same people and put them in the 'western' world and the barriers that are between them and spiritual attainment will be different.

To use an analogy, just because starting a huge fire is a great way to keep you warm when you are in in a forest during winter doesn't mean you should start a fire to keep yourself warm in a house made of ice. Apply the same solution to a different equation, and things don't always add up--and in this analogy, you wind up with a melt down.

Lastly, are those people more spiritually advanced, or did they just have an amazing-and some might say 'spiritual' experience? Are they armed with any mental tools to keep themselves on track spiritually when they get back to the 'civilized' world?

That was sweet because his teaching was very precise -- the foot pivot then hip pivot; the two movement flip. Did you watch the DRUG vid I posted?

When I opened it a youtube sidebar popped up my teacher's sword demo -- whoever was upset by the thread please watch for a change of pace... he's a former champion of Beijing in this... :)

Actually I did ayahuasca analog while in full-lotus after my qigong training and I can assure you the ayahuasca was an AMAZING kundalini healing experience which opened up my chakras big time -- in a post-death rainbow vortex, called DMT HYPERSPACE. http://realitysandwich.com has plenty of other examples of people getting healed in the West through DMT-type DRUGS.

In fact as I've already posted -- note this curandero stated he could not eat salt -- NO SALT -- well read the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- same thing! NO SALT allowed! Also when he was in the forest for 8 years? NO SEX!! Sublimation of sex energy is also required. So already they're practicing mind yoga and a yoga diet.... there's a long history of drugs and yoga combined whether it's alcohol or cannabis or DMT-type plants, etc.

That youtube video only supports the theme in Darin's video. 'Doing drugs' and taking part in an actual, authentic ritual with a real shaman like that man was are two different things entirely. Those men had a guide-the shaman. They got something out of it all besides just a wicked high. People in the western, 'civilized' world taking 'Ayahuasca' at home or with some 'white guy' who sell it to them are bound to make about a much progress as people who start meditating without ever learning how to meditate. Or learning certain qigong from books. There are risks. Taking drugs to get high and partaking in the ritual of that shaman are not the same thing. There aren't real shamans like that all over the place in the western world. Also, the old shaman in that vid said he went into the jungle with his father for EIGHT YEARS to learn what he was doing. Totally different than setting on a couch and getting high.

Also, for those who live in the Jungle, perhaps healing like that is all they need--but take those same people and put them in the 'western' world and the barriers that are between them and spiritual attainment will be different.

To use an analogy, just because starting a huge fire is a great way to keep you warm when you are in in a forest during winter doesn't mean you should start a fire to keep yourself warm in a house made of ice. Apply the same solution to a different equation, and things don't always add up--and in this analogy, you wind up with a melt down.

Lastly, are those people more spiritually advanced, or did they just have an amazing-and some might say 'spiritual' experience? Are they armed with any mental tools to keep themselves on track spiritually when they get back to the 'civilized' world?

Don't forget, not all people in the west use drugs in the same way. There are people who retreat into the forest and take mind-blowing doses of LSD and there are also people that will take 3 hits and watch "Dude Where's My Car?". You must look at the people that take massive doses, like a vial(100 hits) of acid or ounces of mushrooms. That is where the question should be asked," Is there an inherent quality in hallucinogens that is intelligent, wise, or spiritual?"

If there is, any average person should be able to take a massive dose in isolation, and have some kind of truth revealed to them. If this is not the case, than these drugs are probably not the primary factor of the shaman's growth.

That was sweet because his teaching was very precise -- the foot pivot then hip pivot; the two movement flip. Did you watch the DRUG vid I posted?

Thanks! :)

Yes, I've seen what you posted, and I've been there. Interesting how they can't hold their ayahuaska at all, these western adventure seekers, and start throwing up right away! This of course dilutes the effects a hundredfold right then and there. The shaman might tell them to try to hold it in for at least twenty minutes, but then, one who's worked with tourists a lot might not even bother.

I don't know how to discuss this, Drew, She told me to write a book but She may have been joking... She showed me the book She had in mind -- "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ayahuaska," but She couldn't have been serious, so... but then, who knows... ;)

...oh, and of course you know my thing when "drugs" are discussed:

I find it absolutely horrifying that our dark overlords have successfully managed to convince the population that pharmaceutical monstrosities of their creation and sacred herbs of god's creation are all in the same category -- "drugs." I don't even want to go there... Drugs my ass. I would really like to see an average chemical-dependency fiend on ayahuaska... shudder.

i do nt dp dugs i lik ta drinh like i an mow. When dwinkin i hav icreible spitual insites ans ataiments

ya dirwty sweet an yur ma gurl .. woww ya whoooza trex exorcizin huh?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Tao99

MASTER JI 80 year old QIGONG MASTER -- FIRST LEARNED DRUNKEN STYLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/DAIXINYI#p/a/f/2/Kxr-AHdOZcw

ya dirwty sweet an yur ma gurl .. woww ya whoooza trex exorcizin huh?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kOUKsYj80&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DHATURA and DUTRA (Datura metel) are the common names in India for an important Old World species of Datura. The narcotic properties of this purple-flowered member of the deadly nightshade family, Solanaceae, have been known and valued in India since prehistory. The plant has a long history in other countries as well. Some writers have credited it with being responsible for the intoxicating smoke associated with the Oracle of Delphi. Early Chinese writings report an hallucinogen that has been identified with this species. And it is undoubtedly the plant that Avicenna, the Arabian physician, mentioned under the name jouzmathel in the 11th century. Its use as an aphrodisiac in the East Indies was recorded in 1578. The plant was held sacred in China, where people believed that when Buddha preached, heaven sprinkled the plant with dew.

Darin,

Let me say first that I basically agree with your stance against drugs.

But I find everything about this video extremely amateurish, so much that it's almost comical. You seem like some actor who is pretending to do Tai Chi then suddenly you launch into this spontaneous ineloquent riff against drugs. It doesn't seem well thought out, and it won't impress anybody. The first part was just the fake set-up for your "spontaneous" remarks against drugs. I can't imagine anyone actually being persuaded not to do drugs by this video. I can almost imagine Jim Belushi doing this role as a skit or a ridiculous scene in a movie.

I respect your trying to get a message across, but you might as well give it some thought and do something intelligent. Thankfully for you, few people will see it. It doesn't really make you look too good, bro.

Songs

Guest winpro07

there are very old paintings of Siva smoking marijuana and datura.

.. they were considered the king and queen of plants and were used

to elicit strong electric or magnetic states of being

All plants and trees are spirit guides for humanity

I don't need to again voice my opinion on the use of drugs, do I?

Of course DRUGS ARE BAD -- U.S. MEDICAL DOCTORS KILL 100,000 PEOPLE A YEAR FROM DRUG REACTIONS

Ouch! Even though it is probably true, Ouch! anyhow.

Peace & Love!

"I find it absolutely horrifying that our dark overlords have successfully managed to convince the population that pharmaceutical monstrosities of their creation and sacred herbs of god's creation are all in the same category -- "drugs." I don't even want to go there... Drugs my ass. I would really like to see an average chemical-dependency fiend on ayahuaska... shudder."

I more or less agree. But the point I got out of Darin's video--or rather, my personal stance is, taking drugs to get high, and taking a specific drug/mixture (like Ayahuasca, Iboga, etc..) under the guidance of a teacher, while having an actual purpose--these are two different things.

The big difference bieng, IMO, the element of respect. Respect for the plants, and respect for yourself.

I very much doubt that anyone would be able to function while under the effects of Ayahuasca 24/7. So, there is the very real burden of dealing with the reality you are left with when you come down. So, how far have you really gone? Do people gain the life long ability to open and balance their chakras or run the MCO at will after doing Ayahuasca? No. Its like Vegas in that respect--whatever happens in Ayahuasca land, stays in Ayahuasca land. Sure, you may get some real good answers to dilemmas your stuck in, deeeper insight, etc. But you wont get far in the sober world by taking 'drugs' and leaving it at that.

Also, I believe there is a point for most people where they have to let go of doing things like psychedelics in order to progress more. Its easy to get stuck in them, but IMO, they are just a step on the path.

Man made drugs can REALLY mess you up quick. Natural is better most of the time.

"I find it absolutely horrifying that our dark overlords have successfully managed to convince the population that pharmaceutical monstrosities of their creation and sacred herbs of god's creation are all in the same category -- "drugs." I don't even want to go there... Drugs my ass. I would really like to see an average chemical-dependency fiend on ayahuaska... shudder."

I more or less agree. But the point I got out of Darin's video--or rather, my personal stance is, taking drugs to get high, and taking a specific drug/mixture (like Ayahuasca, Iboga, etc..) under the guidance of a teacher, while having an actual purpose--these are two different things.

The big difference bieng, IMO, the element of respect. Respect for the plants, and respect for yourself.

I very much doubt that anyone would be able to function while under the effects of Ayahuasca 24/7. So, there is the very real burden of dealing with the reality you are left with when you come down. So, how far have you really gone? Do people gain the life long ability to open and balance their chakras or run the MCO at will after doing Ayahuasca? No. Its like Vegas in that respect--whatever happens in Ayahuasca land, stays in Ayahuasca land. Sure, you may get some real good answers to dilemmas your stuck in, deeeper insight, etc. But you wont get far in the sober world by taking 'drugs' and leaving it at that.

Also, I believe there is a point for most people where they have to let go of doing things like psychedelics in order to progress more. Its easy to get stuck in them, but IMO, they are just a step on the path.

Man made drugs can REALLY mess you up quick. Natural is better most of the time.

"Do people gain the life long ability to open and balance their chakras or run the MCO at will after doing Ayahuasca? "

Um... You would need to know first hand what you're dealing with to form a realistic opinion in the case of ayahuaska and other sacred plants. For starters, it might not be into solving any of your problems at all. You are dealing with the boundless intelligence of the universe, with what the DNA of all life forms on all planets in all galaxies, the presently-living, the once-alive-now-dead, and the to-live-yet-in-the-future, is up to. No less. And -- you might simply be shown your place in this picture, your personal situation as it really is... and it might crush you or inspire you but whatever it does to you is more or less permanent. It's not "relaxing," it's imprinting. At least if your destiny was to be imprinted with the seal of the universal belonging. (If it wasn't, it will just take you for a ride you will never want to buy another ticket to.)

When things most sacred and most mysterious are talked about by people who haven't experienced them, that's when our troubles begin... I don't mean you personally, I mean the whole deal with making altered consciousness appear to be a function of some self-induced chemical abnormality or other in all cases and for all purposes. Yeah right... People in all cultures at all times used sacred plants in order to specifically alter their consciousness away from the everyday toward the -- well, mysterious and sacred. THIS made them human in their everyday life to a greater extent than we are human today in our everyday life.

There's scientific evidence out there that these plants have made us human in the physiological sense too, by rewiring our monkey brains the human way. We have receptors in the brain for each and every one of the sacred plants traditionally used by tribal folks for thousands of years. We couldn't possibly have them if these experiences weren't part of who we are as a species. We are meant to have them. It's like a training gym for the soul. You're right, you can't maintain the state you're in when running a marathon 24/7 at all times in your life, but if you never run the marathon, if you always sit on the couch (spiritually speaking), you atrophy... not you personally, the modern soul. THAT's the real victim of the dark overlords' sleight-of-hand mixing together of "drugs" and sacred plants that facilitate the growth (and the growing up) of the human soul. They made it shrink this way... shrink away from the sacred and mysterious -- and shrink into what it currently is, which is pretty much a shameful thing to show to the universal intelligence... She looks at it and shrugs... well, is THAT what you've got for a soul? THAT puny shriveled desiccated thingie?.. Oh... OK. Nevermind. There's no worse hell than this, and whoever or whatever shows it to you does your soul a service you might not be able to repay in a thousand lifetimes... and you're saying it's got no impact on your "real life?" Man... it's one of those "you ought to have been there" jokes.

Edited by Taomeow