Seth Ananda

Chi development?

Hi Bums :)

Recently my chi sensitivity has really Increased. I can feel a lot more Chi than ever before and It somehow feels thicker or closer to my body. For a long time i have been able to move it around and have it open my heart or sexual energy or charge a centre but now if i send it somewhere that area opens, warms, and loosens really quickly... Its like it opens all the capillaries and increases blood flow.

I am using it on my tendons really well. Some are habitually tight, like around the atlas and are finally just opening easily and leaving a warm feeling of flushed space...

And my joints are responding really well, it like they are becoming smoother and more open?

Also I can sit in lotus for round an hour now without my feet going numb which is a really large jump for me, as I move chi through my legs and feet, i feel Blood follows with all the capillaries and veins opening in response.

If i think of heavenly chi, I get an instant surge of light and bliss running down my central channel, If I think of earth chi, my feet buzz and start to warm then swell, and my LDT is usally warm or Hot.

This has mainly come from LDT breathing, healing work, mild Mco practice, prayer, sexual cultivation and spending as much time as i can being really Present to the great Openness...

Any Ideas on what next? It hasn't reached the Marrow yet... But it is definitely changing my tendons... :)

Any warnings, or things I am missing? Good advice?

Thanks Friends.

Also I can sit in lotus for round an hour now without my feet going numb which is a really large jump for me, as I move chi through my legs and feet, i feel Blood follows with all the capillaries and veins opening in response.

If i think of heavenly chi, I get an instant surge of light and bliss running down my central channel, If I think of earth chi, my feet buzz and start to warm then swell, and my LDT is usally warm or Hot.

This has mainly come from LDT breathing, healing work, mild Mco practice, prayer, sexual cultivation and spending as much time as i can being really Present to the great Openness...

Awesome, I'm still working on sitting in half-lotus comfortably for a full hour. How hard was the transition from half to full-lotus (for an hour)?

I'd use the "chi ball" test -- with your hands -- if you have strong electromagnetic resistance.... You need 2 hours in full-lotus straight to know the 3rd eye is opening so that you SEE LIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR BODY -- around other people.

But try healing! You should be able to transmit yin energy with the sword fingers and yang with the thunder palms -- you can open up the microcosmic orbit of other people. You just do the MCO for them -- using your hands down the front and up the back. http://springforestqigong.com is based on this -- the stronger the electromagnetic fields the closer you are to making more shen or laser-light for opening the third eye more.

If you stop being hungry then the chi will have filled up the LDT and then intensify with more practice into shen.

You should be able to FEEL the center of your brain AT WILL -- can you "flex your pineal gland"?? When you do that it should activate your vagus nerve which then transmits energy out of the third eye.

Those are just different levels of energy but the energy is always transforming while the pure consciousness does not change. Thanks for sharing the fun.

Hi Bums :)

Recently my chi sensitivity has really Increased. I can feel a lot more Chi than ever before and It somehow feels thicker or closer to my body. For a long time i have been able to move it around and have it open my heart or sexual energy or charge a centre but now if i send it somewhere that area opens, warms, and loosens really quickly... Its like it opens all the capillaries and increases blood flow.

I am using it on my tendons really well. Some are habitually tight, like around the atlas and are finally just opening easily and leaving a warm feeling of flushed space...

And my joints are responding really well, it like they are becoming smoother and more open?

Any Ideas on what next? It hasn't reached the Marrow yet... But it is definitely changing my tendons... :)

Any warnings, or things I am missing? Good advice?

Thanks Friends.

Awesome, I'm still working on sitting in half-lotus comfortably for a full hour. How hard was the transition from half to full-lotus (for an hour)?

Hmm I have meditated in half lotus for years, often for an hour or more, but Full was always a struggle for even 10 mins... Its since this jump in chi capacity that made it easy, It just doesn't cut off circulation the way it used too. I often stand first for a few minutes and let my hips and knees soak up some chi...

I'd use the "chi ball" test -- with your hands -- if you have strong electromagnetic resistance.... You need 2 hours in full-lotus straight to know the 3rd eye is opening so that you SEE LIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR BODY -- around other people.

But try healing! You should be able to transmit yin energy with the sword fingers and yang with the thunder palms -- you can open up the microcosmic orbit of other people. You just do the MCO for them -- using your hands down the front and up the back. http://springforestqigong.com is based on this -- the stronger the electromagnetic fields the closer you are to making more shen or laser-light for opening the third eye more.

If you stop being hungry then the chi will have filled up the LDT and then intensify with more practice into shen.

You should be able to FEEL the center of your brain AT WILL -- can you "flex your pineal gland"?? When you do that it should activate your vagus nerve which then transmits energy out of the third eye.

Those are just different levels of energy but the energy is always transforming while the pure consciousness does not change. Thanks for sharing the fun.

I dont know what the chi Ball test is. Nor have I done Spring Forrest. I can see light though, and Feel the inside of my brain in great detail...?

Well it's just the "chi palm" test -- scroll down here for a demo vid:

http://chipowerinnercircle.com/cool_stuff.php

Hmm I have meditated in half lotus for years, often for an hour or more, but Full was always a struggle for even 10 mins... Its since this jump in chi capacity that made it easy, It just doesn't cut off circulation the way it used too. I often stand first for a few minutes and let my hips and knees soak up some chi...

I dont know what the chi Ball test is. Nor have I done Spring Forrest. I can see light though, and Feel the inside of my brain in great detail...?

It sounds to me as if you are doing quite well. Why change what is working. I read you as having much ability with energy manipulation. Have you considered the path of the healer? There is much need in society for those that can help others with energetics.

Greetings..

It has been my experience that we don't actually 'store' Qi, as most people think of 'store'.. imagine a garden-hose, about 1 inch in diameter.. then imagine a 6 inch diameter 'bubble or bulge' in the hose.. that's kinda how i sense the physical being, as the 'bubble or bulge' in the hose.. the Qi flows through us, and we arrange the 'structure' of the 'bubble' to most effectively sustain the 'Life' of the 'bubble'.. the Qi in the 'bubble region is not so much stored as disciplined through a pattern or structure according to someone's Clarity, Awareness, and understandings of the 'process'.. it seems like 'storing' because there is a longer interval of 'Qi' experienced as the 'bubble' compared to the uninfluenced flow through the 1 inch diameter hose..

I hope that makes some sense, it took me a while to develop an analogy that approximates my understandings.. and, i'm not sure this gets the message accross.. but, i'll keep at it..

Be well..

Greetings..

It has been my experience that we don't actually 'store' Qi, as most people think of 'store'.. imagine a garden-hose, about 1 inch in diameter.. then imagine a 6 inch diameter 'bubble or bulge' in the hose.. that's kinda how i sense the physical being, as the 'bubble or bulge' in the hose.. the Qi flows through us, and we arrange the 'structure' of the 'bubble' to most effectively sustain the 'Life' of the 'bubble'.. the Qi in the 'bubble region is not so much stored as disciplined through a pattern or structure according to someone's Clarity, Awareness, and understandings of the 'process'.. it seems like 'storing' because there is a longer interval of 'Qi' experienced as the 'bubble' compared to the uninfluenced flow through the 1 inch diameter hose..

I hope that makes some sense, it took me a while to develop an analogy that approximates my understandings.. and, i'm not sure this gets the message accross.. but, i'll keep at it..

Be well..

No, this does not make sense. "Storing" comes from TCM theory of vessels and meridians. Vessels are "storage tanks" and supply meridians to keep a balance (as I understand it). Vessels are also meridians but larger in capacity and size. Like the river/stream/brook, analogy. The body can store Qi but we need to be focused on that end in our practice to see the results. Martial Tai chi will not bring us there. There is someone we both know, who was an original at the Orlando temple and with the initials TT who practices high level qigong exercises. The last time I was around him you could feel the qi. Just by being around him. Very strong. If you have good relations I suggest looking him up and try to learn what ever you can in that area.

Edited by Baguakid

Any advice on Moving Chi into the Bones?

I got some!

Breathe in and out focusing on the dan tien ten times to stor chi and get yourself focused. Then breathe in and draw chi from your belly into your left hand and when you exhale visualize the chi compacting into the hands of your hand. Inhale and draw the chi from your belly to your left forearm and exhale and compress the chi into your left forearm. Then upper left arm, right hand, right forearm, right upper arm, left and right legs in the same sections, pelvis, spine, collar bone, ribs, jaw and finally skull. After that ten more focussing breaths into your dan tien. Thats chi compression breathing into your bones.

Next step is to inhale chi into your tan tien and exhale it up your spine like its a tube. Your should focus it and lead it until it goes into the back of your head and then shoots foreward through your brain and comes out your forehead.

You can do this from sitting, standing or laying down. After its done you should stay as motionless as possible to let the chi do its work. As soon as you move the chi snaps back into your dan tien. After a few times you'll get the hang of it.

Experiences? If you do it right you should feel electric-like shocks and pulses. They hurt but its the "bone switching" part. You'll know if your doing it right because you will actually feel the chi move and flow to the different parts of your body. Maybe not the first time but the key is to stay as motionless as possible.

Greetings..

No, this does not make sense. "Storing" comes from TCM theory of vessels and meridians.

LOL, i had a feeling it was you.. well, my studies with Dr. Yang have revealed some interesting insights.. that is that 'both' conditions exist simultaneously, flow and storage.. yes, TT literally vibrates the air around him, it's nice to experience that level of development.. but, do you suppose that too narrow of focus has other consequences?

Vessels are also meridians but larger in capacity and size. Like the river/stream/brook, analogy.

Precisely, the 'river/stream/brook' anaology is exactly my suggestion.. each meridian/vessel doesn't actually contain 'stagnant' Qi, put provides greater capacity for greater 'flow'.. one of our tasks, if we choose, is to expand and refine that 'capacity'..

Martial Tai chi will not bring us there.

I agree that 'Martial Taiji' in and of itself will not transcend its own limitations, but.. i also find that its is, perhaps, the single most effective catalyst in bridging the physical and spiritual aspects of a 'Life well Lived'..

By the way, and i know it's a late notice, but.. Rick Barrett is presenting a workshop in Tarpon Springs tomorrow, i'll link you to the flyer.. it's a continuation of the past 4 or 5 workshops, and.. it's something i think would be of interest to you..

http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aol-1/en-us/m...ow_-FLYER-1.doc

Good to communicate again, Be well..

Edited by TzuJanLi

No, this does not make sense. "Storing" comes from TCM theory of vessels and meridians. Vessels are "storage tanks" and supply meridians to keep a balance (as I understand it). Vessels are also meridians but larger in capacity and size. Like the river/stream/brook, analogy. The body can store Qi but we need to be focused on that end in our practice to see the results. Martial Tai chi will not bring us there. There is someone we both know, who was an original at the Orlando temple and with the initials TT who practices high level qigong exercises. The last time I was around him you could feel the qi. Just by being around him. Very strong. If you have good relations I suggest looking him up and try to learn what ever you can in that area.
Who's that???

Qi Compression Bone Breathing or Bone Marrow Nei Kung

Nice! B) How does bone breathing or bone marrow neigong help open the MCO or kundalini though? Or is it more for general health?

By the way, and i know it's a late notice, but.. Rick Barrett is presenting a workshop in Tarpon Springs tomorrow, i'll link you to the flyer.. it's a continuation of the past 4 or 5 workshops, and.. it's something i think would be of interest to you..

http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aol-1/en-us/m...ow_-FLYER-1.doc

Good to communicate again, Be well..

Good to see you here too. I can't open the link you posted. Is there a web site? Also, I don't know anything about Rick Barrett, what is he teaching that I might be interested in?

Thanks,

Hey Seth,

Through my experience in my methods that you are talking about my advice to you brother is stretching the tendons 1st before condensing or squeezing Qi into your bones. Although you may find later that ist one in the same?!;)

Peace and good luck on your path...

Ape

Also any decent type of Iron Body that has some body beating which will vibrate the bone marrow and release calcium making your bones stronger and more Qi. But as you know even weight training Physcial strength workouts are good for bone strength which means you are getting Qi into the bones. So what does it tell you??

Edited by Spirit Ape

Greetings..

LOL, i had a feeling it was you.. well, my studies with Dr. Yang have revealed some interesting insights.. that is that 'both' conditions exist simultaneously, flow and storage.. yes, TT literally vibrates the air around him, it's nice to experience that level of development.. but, do you suppose that too narrow of focus has other consequences?

TT, while has developed highly in his specialty, I found he is not well rounded socially. Also, he has issues as, we both know, with hmmm "grabbing" other's material and "selling" it to his students. He and I had a falling out for that very reason. He got "greedy". I told the story to LL Lama, look her up some time, she'll tell you. I think he has great material and I'm not sure how he acquired so much good stuff but he definitely has it. TT is an "exercise vendor" and a clever individual. That's why I said if you are in good relations with him, just go get exercises, even if you're not interested in them currently, put them aside for later reference.. I know some of the good stuff he has so if you need guidance down that path I'd be happy to help. Just let me know.

Regarding Rick Barrett, I'm more interested in Qigong really. Building Qi, opening channels, etc. Similar to TT but in a more well rounded way as you mentioned.

Greetings..

Hi Bill: Just got back from the workshop.. it was a continuation of earlier work we have been doing, excellent stuff.. i hope we can get a chance to sit and chat sometime, i really think you would 'get' this stuff, it's usefulness transcends specific disciplines, and.. the results are verifiable and undeniable.. the interesting part, though, is its utter simplicity.. reacquainting ourselves with our primal body-mind, trusting our 'true' nature.. anyway, i will reconnect with TT, i hear he's stopped teaching all but a select few..

Be well..

Tzu, can you say a bit more about the "instant meditation" method? Sounds like an interesting teacher...with an unusual approach.

Hey Seth,

Through my experience in my methods that you are talking about my advice to you brother is stretching the tendons 1st before condensing or squeezing Qi into your bones. Although you may find later that ist one in the same?!;)

Peace and good luck on your path...

Ape

Also any decent type of Iron Body that has some body beating which will vibrate the bone marrow and release calcium making your bones stronger and more Qi. But as you know even weight training Physcial strength workouts are good for bone strength which means you are getting Qi into the bones. So what does it tell you??

Thanks Ape and Thanks too Darin. I guess I am excited cause I always felt my chi move through my body, Tendons, bones and all, so I didnt know what they meant when saying things like "When the chi reaches the tendons..." but now that my chi is directly working on or influencing my tendons, I have kind of gone "Wow, what will it be like when it Really reaches my bones..." :lol:

I will experiment with those exercises Darin.

Also Ape, I am planning to be in sydney for a bit early next year so should be able to get a few days with you? :)

Seth.