Ohm-Nei

Immense internal heat?

To summarize a long story, I'm allowing my life to merge with the spiritual realm. I've lived most of my life lacking any sense of profound emotional feeling, touch or deep interaction with others. I've invested more faith in my own concepts of reality than I have in any religion.

I received a few books on Nei-Kung after searching online for deeper insight.

What I read and learned allowed me to almost instantaneously unveil a new aspect of life. Today I felt as if my soul doubled in existence.

Although I do not understand the deepest concepts of mediation, or the background knowledge of our "Ch'i" life force, I feel as if I am more attuned to gathering it. Gathering to me seems more like... Experiencing it in real time/space - Rather than harvesting it as if it is some sort of expendable resource waiting to be claimed.

It is advised that I understand how to generate, circulate, and store my Ch'i before understanding how to manipulate it, move it, or use it for the healing of others.

I am very interested in doing so and I am seeking advice on how to do so properly...

After 2 weeks of practicing internal breathing patterns, and attempting to meditate, my Ch'i still seemed to be untapped. BUT today while I was learning some Nei Kung techinques I discovered a pattern of breathing that gave my body a PROFOUND array of sensations from my CROWN to my FINGERTIPS to my TOES. This sensation seemed to be flowing from my dan tian to the surface of my skin through my bones, muscles and nerves.

THIS IS WHERE I SEEK THE KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE OF OTHERS!

The sensation started in the abdominal area instantly - it felt as if my legs were strapped to the edge of a cliff and my torso was left suspending above emptiness against the force of gravity. - The closest thing I could relate it to was the feeling of muscular exhaustion after doing crunches.

That was on the second inhale/exhale (Respiratory Cycle or, RC)

3rd RC-The heat from my abdominal muscles seems to surge throughout all the muscles of my body, intense heat seemed to push out of my bones and against the inside of my skin.

4th RC-A light-headed sensation that seemed to beacon from my crown comforted the entire surface of my skin-My bones were burning and it gave my skin the feeling of a breeze passing over it.

5th RC-A deeper sensation came from my dan tian that felt as if all 3 unique sensations increased - the heat was more intense, my skin felt weightless, and became cool/damply moist as if I had been jogging for 15 minutes. The feeling was similar to feeling exhaustion within your body/sweat on your skin as if the two were yin and yang... an "uneasy-comfort"

Within 6 deep, focused, and determined RC's my body felt as if it had tapped a completely foreign source of energy.

My goal was to enter a relaxed/mellow and soothing mediation - I knew that what I experienced wasn't true mediation but I did feel as if it had extraordinary significance!

If this cycle sounds familiar to anyone than please tell me so I can study it deeper.

Also-I don't want to make up excuses as to why it is so hard for me to calm my mind- As you can probably tell I have an extremely difficult time slowing down - I feel as if I must elaborate for all of eternity while trying to explain something. My mind is like this when I try to clear it of thought and relax for mediation. Could you imagine an unending flow of thoughts that are only perpetuating in order to encourage you to stop repeating them??? :)

If you have managed to follow through my entire post, reading everything that I have expressed, then from the depths of my Dan Tian-I thank you.

Edited by Ohm-Nei

Because people's bodies are always different , and they follow varied methods of qigong and meditation , I think it is inappropriate to make any comments on specific feeling / phenomena that they experience in cultivation , especially on internet , yet there are some basic principles that practitioners likely should follow :

1) Natural . Laotzu is definitely a guidebook for Taoist practice . So reading good translations of Laotzu by people who not only possess advanced linguistic ability but also have experience in practice , is always helpful. Besides at initial stage our being requested to focusing on our dantian , afterwards, the less intervention of our mind on qi , the better quality of it we can get . Deliberately intervening the flow of qi is always inappropriate .

2) The theoretical framework of jing-qi-shen is definitely useful . It is a philosophical framework , yet at the same time a religious framework for after having polished qi to certain extent/quality ,its "supernatural" quality inevitably arises. However, people always try making their scientific explanations on those phenomena that they not well understand , therefore it is always misleading and unhelpful .

3) The more knowledge of TCM , Traditional Chinese Medicine , we get , the better we can solve problems in your cultivation , especially at initial stage .

4) Whether we are entering a higher stage of our practice should mainly be judged by two things: a) Does

pre-heavenly way of breathing arise? and b)Does a much clearer and condensed Mind appear?

Edited by exorcist_1699

4) Whether we are entering a higher stage of our practice should mainly be judged by two things: a) Does

pre-heavenly way of breathing arise? and b)Does a much clearer and condensed Mind arise ?

I do recall reading that it is unnecessary to share insight on one's own form or process of meditation so I apologize for requesting any personal information. I am open to all guidance offered.

4) Could you please elaborate on whether or not that is a general rule of thumb or if that is directed toward my individual experience.

Also - Could my practice be cultivating dangerous energy? Or could I be unknowingly harming my body due to whatever heat is being created?

- Is meditation universally effortless? Do we all start out by willing our ch'i to exist? I have so many curiosities.

Again, Thank you for your time and guidance.

The point of chi gong practice is to eventually learn about the power of the mind. Are you learning something? Or are you still being as dogmatic as ever, as unquestioning as ever? Do you have an "aha" moment there or do you go "Ok, I am following the steps here, I have no idea what I am doing or why... I hope this is OK???!?!?!?!?!"

If it's the second one, that's very bad. In the second case you're not the owner of the process. You're just a fool who follows blindly. What are you following? Why are you following? What benefit do you expect? These would be my questions to such a fool.

On the other hand, if you know what you want, how can you possibly NOT be the right man to assess the dangers? All worthwhile activities have associated dangers. Even taking a crap is dangerous. However, you know you need to take a crap because you know what will happen if you don't. It's that simple.

So if you're doing it for a good reason, with correct motivation, you will be in the best position to assess the danger. If you're just following blindly, then all your life will be full of great danger and this is no different from anything else you get stuck doing.

Yi (intent) guides chi (life force). Intent is conditioned by one's state of mind. One's state of mind can be said to be a network of deeply held beliefs about the core of reality. Look for danger there.

This book has interesting breathing secrets (p. 71-2) that are the foundation for the later bone marrow -- to COOL the body (store the heat in your bones!)

http://books.google.com/books?id=Wvihj2-2a...%22&f=false

To summarize a long story, I'm allowing my life to merge with the spiritual realm. I've lived most of my life lacking any sense of profound emotional feeling, touch or deep interaction with others. I've invested more faith in my own concepts of reality than I have in any religion.

I received a few books on Nei-Kung after searching online for deeper insight.

What I read and learned allowed me to almost instantaneously unveil a new aspect of life. Today I felt as if my soul doubled in existence.

Although I do not understand the deepest concepts of mediation, or the background knowledge of our "Ch'i" life force, I feel as if I am more attuned to gathering it. Gathering to me seems more like... Experiencing it in real time/space - Rather than harvesting it as if it is some sort of expendable resource waiting to be claimed.

It is advised that I understand how to generate, circulate, and store my Ch'i before understanding how to manipulate it, move it, or use it for the healing of others.

I am very interested in doing so and I am seeking advice on how to do so properly...

After 2 weeks of practicing internal breathing patterns, and attempting to meditate, my Ch'i still seemed to be untapped. BUT today while I was learning some Nei Kung techinques I discovered a pattern of breathing that gave my body a PROFOUND array of sensations from my CROWN to my FINGERTIPS to my TOES. This sensation seemed to be flowing from my dan tian to the surface of my skin through my bones, muscles and nerves.

THIS IS WHERE I SEEK THE KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE OF OTHERS!

The sensation started in the abdominal area instantly - it felt as if my legs were strapped to the edge of a cliff and my torso was left suspending above emptiness against the force of gravity. - The closest thing I could relate it to was the feeling of muscular exhaustion after doing crunches.

That was on the second inhale/exhale (Respiratory Cycle or, RC)

3rd RC-The heat from my abdominal muscles seems to surge throughout all the muscles of my body, intense heat seemed to push out of my bones and against the inside of my skin.

4th RC-A light-headed sensation that seemed to beacon from my crown comforted the entire surface of my skin-My bones were burning and it gave my skin the feeling of a breeze passing over it.

5th RC-A deeper sensation came from my dan tian that felt as if all 3 unique sensations increased - the heat was more intense, my skin felt weightless, and became cool/damply moist as if I had been jogging for 15 minutes. The feeling was similar to feeling exhaustion within your body/sweat on your skin as if the two were yin and yang... an "uneasy-comfort"

Within 6 deep, focused, and determined RC's my body felt as if it had tapped a completely foreign source of energy.

My goal was to enter a relaxed/mellow and soothing mediation - I knew that what I experienced wasn't true mediation but I did feel as if it had extraordinary significance!

If this cycle sounds familiar to anyone than please tell me so I can study it deeper.

Also-I don't want to make up excuses as to why it is so hard for me to calm my mind- As you can probably tell I have an extremely difficult time slowing down - I feel as if I must elaborate for all of eternity while trying to explain something. My mind is like this when I try to clear it of thought and relax for mediation. Could you imagine an unending flow of thoughts that are only perpetuating in order to encourage you to stop repeating them??? :)

If you have managed to follow through my entire post, reading everything that I have expressed, then from the depths of my Dan Tian-I thank you.

The point of chi gong practice is to eventually learn about the power of the mind. Are you learning something? Or are you still being as dogmatic as ever, as unquestioning as ever? Do you have an "aha" moment there or do you go "Ok, I am following the steps here, I have no idea what I am doing or why... I hope this is OK???!?!?!?!?!"

If it's the second one, that's very bad. In the second case you're not the owner of the process. You're just a fool who follows blindly. What are you following? Why are you following? What benefit do you expect? These would be my questions to such a fool.

On the other hand, if you know what you want, how can you possibly NOT be the right man to assess the dangers? All worthwhile activities have associated dangers. Even taking a crap is dangerous. However, you know you need to take a crap because you know what will happen if you don't. It's that simple.

So if you're doing it for a good reason, with correct motivation, you will be in the best position to assess the danger. If you're just following blindly, then all your life will be full of great danger and this is no different from anything else you get stuck doing.

Yi (intent) guides chi (life force). Intent is conditioned by one's state of mind. One's state of mind can be said to be a network of deeply held beliefs about the core of reality. Look for danger there.

Thank you so very much. That single post answered many of my questions. :)

It seems that due to the entirety of the concept, it is more important to follow your own path with confidence than it is seek the approval of others.

My life is a journey on path without light in this realm,

my intentions provide clarity of where I wish to go.

This book has interesting breathing secrets (p. 71-2) that are the foundation for the later bone marrow -- to COOL the body (store the heat in your bones!)

http://books.google.com/books?id=Wvihj2-2a...%22&f=false

It's interesting that you mention bone marrow nei kung, for that is the book I received yesterday. I learned most of what I know from that book and other scattered sources, I have also been reading from the magus of java and the secrets of the warrior sages. I received those three books yesterday and I have yet to fully understand the processed.

Bone Marrow Nei Kung gave me a good understanding of how to cultivate chi and how to understand it's presence in our world. I still don't understand the first 4 of the 72, I want to learn. I wish the better understand all there is to life. This is like a new planet to me, I feel compelled to explore it as much possible during my visit.

I am fascinated by john chang's ability to move his energy into others. Knowledge of this lays deep beyond my progression and understanding of this.

Although I can not solidly say I am interested in such powers for 100% use in healing, I am self-assured that I have 0% intention on using those powers for anything negative.

I can also assume that John was not initially in it for healing either, therefor there is no reason for me not to know the ways.

- Is meditation universally effortless?

Depends on what you mean by "effortless", but my answer is 99.9% "no" because of the word "universally". Meditation is a blanket term that encompasses many approaches, and some of them involve effort and others do not.

Do we all start out by willing our ch'i to exist? I have so many curiosities.

This depends on your culture. If you didn't grow up taking it for granted that "chi" exists, then you have to will it to exist (or more like align your mind with an idea that perceiving chi is natural, but you take chi to "have always existed" and it's just now you're starting to pay attention, even though in some sense you're willing certain experiences into existence as confirmation of it).

It's like the culture of science. Imagine coming from a tribe that exclusively relies on insubstantial understanding of life. When you first encounter a scientist and the products of scientific culture, it might look like a bizarre and hard to believe magic trick. When you "do" science for the first time, it may seem to you like a real mental effort, like willing science into existence, because it's not yet a natural way of life for you. I hope you can imagine this scenario, because if not, then it's very hard to give an example that shows how your current culture can be seen as preposterous from another culture, because we take our culture to be the only possible one, "things as they truly are", and all that.

Edited by goldisheavy

Depends on what you mean by "effortless", but my answer is 99.9% "no" because of the word "universally". Meditation is a blanket term that encompasses many approaches, and some of them involve effort and others do not.

This depends on your culture. If you didn't grow up taking it for granted that "chi" exists, then you have to will it to exist (or more like align your mind with an idea that perceiving chi is natural, but you take chi to "have always existed" and it's just now you're starting to pay attention, even though in some sense you're willing certain experiences into existence as confirmation of it).

It's like the culture of science. Imagine coming from a tribe that exclusively relies on insubstantial understanding of life. When you first encounter a scientist and the products of scientific culture, it might look like a bizarre and hard to believe magic trick. When you "do" science for the first time, it may seem to you like a real mental effort, like willing science into existence, because it's not yet a natural way of life for you. I hope you can imagine this scenario, because if not, then it's very hard to give an example that shows how your current culture can be seen as preposterous from another culture, because we take our culture to be the only possible one, "things as they truly are", and all that.

Thank you, once again.