Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

The Ultimate Tai Chi Sword Technique: Tai Chi Sword Lesson #3

I knew it. You really don't know any Taiji sword form. And yet you ARE a Teacher

Craig

I'm trying to combine my two great loves which are Personal Development like Brian Tracy and Napoleon Hill with taijiquan. The goal of these videos are to teach life principles and not sword techniques that can be applied to all areas of ones life but within the context of Taoism and taijiquan.... and to be funny. When I was teaching tai chi full-time I loved to make people have fun while learning and would usuallly get the whole class to have a big belly laugh at least once a class. My greatest sense of accomplishment was training people to the point in taiji that they know the form and the principles behind it enough to be self-sufficient and progress on their own.... but I love to make people laugh.

What makes you think I dont know any sword form though?

Great video - I'm glad you weren't using a sharp sword...

:)

Thanks! You and I are both glad I didn't use a sharp sword. Did you see how I held it? :lol:

I've been enjoying the series.

& you're the right the eternal lesson is : PRACTICE

Michael

I'm trying to combine my two great loves which are Personal Development like Brian Tracy and Napoleon Hill with taijiquan. The goal of these videos are to teach life principles and not sword techniques that can be applied to all areas of ones life but within the context of Taoism and taijiquan.... and to be funny. When I was teaching tai chi full-time I loved to make people have fun while learning and would usuallly get the whole class to have a big belly laugh at least once a class. My greatest sense of accomplishment was training people to the point in taiji that they know the form and the principles behind it enough to be self-sufficient and progress on their own.... but I love to make people laugh.

What makes you think I dont know any sword form though?

Thanks! You and I are both glad I didn't use a sharp sword. Did you see how I held it? :lol:

If you Tracy and Hill you'll love ThinkTQ. They're an outfit in Boulder CO that reads EVERY self-help book written and compiles all the gathered wisdom into a 100-point life/career organizing principle. I bought the Full Spectrum Career Power book and am enjoying it a great deal.

http://www.thinktq.com/

The Ultimate Tai Chi Sword Technique: Tai Chi Sword Lesson #3

(I didn't know I had so much to say on the topic.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_p-2VDpYQw

Nice...one point I thought I would share:

My teacher quotes our Grand master saying "Always stay a student...the moment you become a Master you stop learning".

:)

So, imho, it's better to stay a student, with beginner's mind.

Cheers! BTW, do you have any tips on sword care? Like oiling the blade with mineral oil, especially if you touch the blade?

Cheers! BTW, do you have any tips on sword care? Like oiling the blade with mineral oil, especially if you touch the blade?

I've used everything from WD40 to Motor Oil, but I dont know what pro's use. Sorry.

Sign in to follow this