Sign in to follow this  
Kali Yuga

Cultivation Possession Phenomena?

I was going around Scribd hounding for books and things to read because I'm such a pirate and a bookie..

Anyway, I found this article in there where a man tells his story about how he trained in some sort of martial art and chi kung-ish stuff under the tutelage of a buddhist monk.

Evidently what he was doing was somehow related to the Five Animal Frolics of old-skool kung-fu.

I have no real knowledge about it but what I've read says that you invoke the energies pertaining to the animal within yourself to gain its powers and characteristics. Much like how there are so many styles of kung-fu revolving around animal-forms..

There's a lot of description of the practices of what the monks did with their energy which I find quite interesting. Read about the Red Sand Palm technique.

Anyway, the man somehow finds himself developing strange phenomena happening to him, constant early-morning sleep paralysis, stomach troubles, mental stagnation, and so on and so forth.

Somehow he ends up in an Islamic country and his acquaintance takes him to a sheikh.

Before he knows it the sheikh ends up performing exorcism on the man. Supposedly due to his training in those forms of martial arts and chi-kung it allowed entry of Jinns (demons found in islamic culture) into himself.

I found that quite interesting but the further he goes on in the article he starts kind of turning it into some sort of satanic crap. The later parts seem to be a mish-mash of some reputable, and some not-so-reputable sources and sometimes twists the words of the authors. He goes into cultivation and meditation bashing and ends up sounding like one of those orthodox christians who will say *insert sentence* will damn you to HELL!

Another interesting thing I found was that he goes into a discussion of the shamanic origins of kung-fu.

But anyway, here's the link. http://www.scribd.com/doc/14897428/CHI-or-...-r-JINN-Related

You might need a grain of salt or two.

What did you think about it?

Here in the Philippines, the ancient culture was rooted deep in shamanic practices, before it and all other true Philippine culture was almost completely eradicated by the Spanish a few hundred years ago. There are many stories here of ancient spirits that live in the trees and forests. Many folklore practices revolve around not angering said spirits. However, I don't doubt possession phenomena anymore, having witnessed the real stuff happen to someone close to me. Of course if you've never seen crazy things like it you're entitled to the doubt. But I can say that a spirit entity can be a powerful being and a real BITCH to get rid of if you a have no idea what you're doing.

Anyway, the man somehow finds himself developing strange phenomena happening to him, constant early-morning sleep paralysis, stomach troubles, mental stagnation, and so on and so forth.

Classical example of qigong deviation. Please, take with a pinch of salt much of the written material about spiritual practices and experiences.

Sign in to follow this