ahumbleimmortal

The Humble Beginning of an Immortal

Hello Everyone,

I wrote and published a book on Taoism and Qi Gong called "The Humble Beginning of an Immortal" back in 2006. It was an instant best seller when it first came out and surprising it's still selling even today. I'm guessing there are still many out there wishing to remain eternally youthful and have a long fruitful life.

The Humble Beginning of an Immortal is both about balancing Taoism's Three Treasures to achieve what the ancient Taoist Immortals had accomplished - Immortality (in others an extreme long life remaining young) and a self-biography of my journey of discovering these secrets to immortality. Quite contrary to misguided beliefs, you don't have to be someone of high importance or with GOD given powers to achieve immortality. Throughout the book, I keep repeating that I'm just an ordinary guy who was lucky enough to discover these ancient Taoist secrets. It is only my wish to share these secrets with everyone. "Knowledge is Power, but is made unstoppable when shared"

Fact:The last immortal was Li,Ching-Yuen or Li,Ching-Yun whom is known as the last remaining Taoist Immortal in the modern world.Fact: Photographed in 1933, in China, at the time Li,Ching-Yuen was reported to be 250 years old. Fact: Li,Ching-Yuen was featured in TIME Magazine in 1933 Fact: I learned of the secrets through my teachers who were students of students of Master Li,Ching-Yuen.

Since the "Proof is in the Pudding", I am inviting everyone to visit my web page www.lulu.com/normthan and see for yourself. Immortality is Possible! *Please note that the pictures have not been altered in anyway and were taken the year they are shown. (Please don't laugh at the hairdo, it was COOL at the time B) )

Without any scientific proof, anyone can claim they are masters of tai chi or qi gong or have special qi (chi) powers. Unfortunately, many a fools and their money have been separated because of one's inner need for power, greed or simply a need to believe.

But within this rare book, I explain in detail and in plain English ( minus the Yoda or mystical mentality) the way of Taoism and outline ancient practices of Qi Gong used by Taoist Immortals to achieve.... Immortality. The quest for Immortality has been around since Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden. But it was not until ancient Taoist priests laid out the steps written in this book to achieve it, was the secrets ever known

I believe everyone has the power and ability to achieve immortality. You do not have to sell off your possessions on eBay or live as a hermit in a cave somewhere, heck, you don't even have to change your religion or beliefs, nor sit naked around a campfire in the woods singing "KUM BYE YA"! This is because Immortality is the Original Gift from GOD to mankind. And GOD has given us the Tree of Knowledge to retrieve what is rightfully ours.

So I welcome those who dare to believe to come and join me on a path to Immortality! My sincere wish is that you enjoy the book and learn from it to achieve health and longevity (and of course youthfulness)!

www.lulu.com/normthan

Thank you very much for time!

Norm

• Like 1

Welcome to TTB Norm it's nice to have you here.

I'm interested in how much time you need to dedicate to the practices you outline in your book. Is it something that must be done everyday, and do you need anything else above and beyond what is contained in the book?

• Like 1

Fact:The last immortal was Li,Ching-Yuen or Li,Ching-Yun whom is known as the last remaining Taoist Immortal in the modern world.Fact: Photographed in 1933, in China, at the time Li,Ching-Yuen was reported to be 250 years old. Fact: Li,Ching-Yuen was featured in TIME Magazine in 1933 Fact: I learned of the secrets through my teachers who were students of students of Master Li,Ching-Yuen.
So, you've studied his book and some of your methods are based on it?
Principal Secrets for Long Life

Changsheng zongjue 長生總訣, by Li Qingyuan 李慶遠 (1679-1935). Li was born in Sichuan province, the most long-lived person in modern time (256 years). Li lived most of his life as a hermit and herbalist. According to the local historical documents, he served in the Qing Army under General Yue Zhingqi 岳鐘琪 in 1749, and he was invited to a social function by the National Revolution Army General Yang Sen 揚森 in 1928. The manual states Ten Ways to prolong life and stay healthy. The essential method, however, is the synthesis of Taoist and Buddhist. One leads a simple and rustic life by emptying the mind/heart, and staying away from the physical and social desires. This tranquility of life will bring about the ultimate wisdom. According to Li, the true meditative practice is more a way of life style and a state of mind than the body posture and breathing method.