Sign in to follow this  
Scadder21

Iron Crotch

I know this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this practice. Based on what I have read and the DVD from Grandmaster Wu, there seem to be some major health benefits. Plato has warned me against it but I can see him overdueing it and getting hurt. Don't get me wrong I have no desire to lift a ton of weight in fact I don't see myself ever lifting more than about 10 to 20 pounds. Does anyone have any persona self starting experience with this and do you believe its safe to do this on your own if the weights are kept to a minimum?

hi Scadder,

Can you point me to a site with the DVD?

Thanks

Based on what I have read and the DVD from Grandmaster Wu...

Just to comment on this one question:

Does anyone have any persona self starting experience with this and do you believe its safe to do this on your own if the weights are kept to a minimum?
Yes.

Two things that I find (within the context of your question):

1. Really very little weight is needed. All the weight I really feel I need is to feel enough 'pull' in a certain way so that I engage and flex the relevant connected fascia and muscle. I use three 2&1/2-pound weights and generally lift 7&1/2 pounds and sometimes 5 to start with. That part of your body doesn't engage in quite that kind of pull in really any other way. (Of course sex does but only in a portion of the way this does, if that makes any sense.) All you need to is engage and flex the fascia. It's basically healthy for that area.

2. The thing is, are you able to process the extra energy that you bring up into your body? I'd say that most men are challenged by that ... and - in a Taoist view - that leads to a broad context of practices, briefly stated, but a long course of work of:

opening the tissues and channels, stilling the mind, heaven~earth integration through the sinews & marrow, and Light integration.

A lot could be said about each of those topics. Stick around. ;)

My current kick is learning about self-acupressure, acupoints, and channels. Huge amount of very reliable information which is largely over-looked in the pop-Taoist culture and really critical to the Taoist process of cultivating the body. There's some more of my meanderings on these topics at the site listed below.

That's my three cents.

Trunk

Sign in to follow this