Yoda

check out this cool cat

Wow. Thanks for posting that, Yoda. When I first saw the photos, I thought, way cool, this guy is in my age range :-). Then I saw he was born in 1935?! Yikes! How inspiring!

This looks to be in Brazil? Wanting a DVD of this.

Karen

Karen,

I'm glad you liked it. Those animals are difficult but not 'impossible' and look pretty cool. I'll see if I can fool my kids with them. Here's more info on this thread:

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/forum/v...opic.php?t=8445

1935 could be a misprint if the interviewer on this thread is correct. But I didn't ever have that level of mobility even at 15, so it's impressive and fun no matter his age.

He says he has a bunch of animal routines. Must be pretty cool to see them.

-Yoda

Very interesting interview.. he did say 1935, although the interviewer said he was 65, so maybe the interview was done 5 years ago, although it was posted in '02. Not really important, and I agree, impressive and fun in any case.

I saw something else interesting in the interview, that he had studied Kempo and said that "originated from India with the name Kalarypayat." Then he referred to "Kempo-Kalarypayat."

I just heard the term "Kalaripayattu" for the first time the other day and posted about it here. Now at least I have some frame of reference to something I have a zillionth of an ounce of familiarity with :D

Karen

Karen,

I saw your other post, so interesting that this unusual MA style shows up again. I didn't read the interview closely, so it looks like 1935 it is--zowie that.

My mobility at 15 was seriously bad. A sports doc told me that my mobility was like a 70 yr old! I've come a long ways since then with intermittent training to get to normal for an athletic male, which still puts me at beginner with Scott's stuff, but I'm totally hooked on this stuff. It really delivers a nice sense of well being and 'embodiment'.

-Yoda