Sign in to follow this  
Upfromtheashes

Thanks to teachers Thread ---

I'd like to thank the Western diet as the ultimate drug to give us the great teacher of diabetes so that we can return to the traditional lifestyle:

http://www.singingtotheplants.com/2009/08/gift-of-diabetes/

Oy back, 5ET... :D ...

um... I might have to half agree, although there's no way in hell anyone can possibly "abuse" ayahuasca anymore than anyone could get addicted to and abuse brain surgery.

But I do believe the experience has to be, ideally, in context. I happen to believe the same thing about sex, by the way. Or rock-n-roll. Also, I'm not a big fan of the "analogs" anymore than I like any substitutes that are "almost but not exactly..." and as the result "not even close" -- I'm a sucker for the real thing --

but that's personal preferences, the fact that Drew didn't confess using any drugs still stands.

I'm not the one who first discovered the skewed semantics of the linguistic use of "drugs" sleight-of-handed into social consciousness. A party as knowledgeable as he is eloquent and meticulously aware of language and all its intricate soul-shaping phenomena, Terrence McKenna, did it first. Listen to what he has to say sometime... chances are your views might converge closer with mine as a result... maybe not... but I think there's a chance, his logic is impeccable and his expertise, unimpeacheable.

TM, my incredibly smart, intellectual sister... I don't agree with you. My definition of Drug is different than yours and whomever you mentioned. That's OK with me. We will just have to agree to disagree...

there's no way in hell anyone can possibly "abuse" ayahuasca

I don't agree there either. Any powerful substance or experience can be abused no matter how sacred...

I'd just like to thank FET for being such a great teacher.

TM, my incredibly smart, intellectual sister... I don't agree with you. My definition of Drug is different than yours and whomever you mentioned. That's OK with me. We will just have to agree to disagree...

I don't agree there either. Any powerful substance or experience can be abused no matter how sacred...

Any powerful substance or experience can be abused no matter how sacred...

True!

"After the ecstasy, the laundry"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-AfOhyn_S4

:D

I'm probably not that smart after all, bro... I don't understand the simplest things. E.g., can someone explain to me why something nature/god/tao makes can be called "drugs?" Tao is a drug dealer? God is a drug pusher? Nature is a drug lady? I just sincerely don't get it.

So, OK, I'd like to hear your definition of "drugs" and I'd like to see examples of substances or experiences qualifying as "addictive drugs" just because they are "powerful."

As for ayahuasca, it takes tremendous courage of the kind most people simply don't have to face her for the second time. Most who chance to do it once will never, ever, ever do it again. So "addictive" is out of the question -- unless one is addicted to courage, but that's not a controlled substance, last I checked. :lol:

I'm probably not that smart after all, bro... I don't understand the simplest things. E.g., can someone explain to me why something nature/god/tao makes can be called "drugs?" Tao is a drug dealer? God is a drug pusher? Nature is a drug lady? I just sincerely don't get it.

So, OK, I'd like to hear your definition of "drugs" and I'd like to see examples of substances or experiences qualifying as "addictive drugs" just because they are "powerful."

As for ayahuasca, it takes tremendous courage of the kind most people simply don't have to face her for the second time. Most who chance to do it once will never, ever, ever do it again. So "addictive" is out of the question -- unless one is addicted to courage, but that's not a controlled substance, last I checked. :lol:

Hey, we've been at this war on drugs with mother nature for years, I mean sure it was placed here by her, and for anyone to use, but we've all agreed some time ago that things that changed are current perception of reality are "bad" for us, DONT GO AROUND TRYING TO CHANGE HISTORY! :P

Once we call it a drug, a mind altering substance we must distance ourselves from such things, and point out the people who do them and flex our difference of personal terminology. Didn't you get the memos? Drugs are bad mmmkay? Plus evadently even the chems that our brain produces we can become addicted to. So watch what you're thinkin' also, that might become out lawed soon. :)

Edited by Jack Runner

No. I'm not playing that game with you. I have no desire to get into a semantics argument with you. You're too good at it. Don't sell yourself short. You are smart enough to understand my viewpoint perfectly. You just don't like it and you think that if you can out-argue me semantically that somehow that will change my opinion... I do have many years of experience dealing with addiction and have been considered enough of an expert to work in the field. IME and IMO ANYTHING can be addictive and can be abused. Even the rush of forum arguments. Just for the record, I have never addressed you personally about addiction or abusing substances and yet this isn't the first time you have reacted defensively as though I were addressing you personally... And on that note, I am retiring from this thread... I know when I'm being lured down a dead end dark alley...

He's right -- with your whole buckwheat related to cabbage drug routine. It makes me sad. Seriously though so you have a Russian accent? Oh wait that doesn't make you a teacher I guess. Oh well another thread put to bed.

I beg your pardon? :wacko:

No. I'm not playing that game with you. I have no desire to get into a semantics argument with you. You're too good at it. Don't sell yourself short. You are smart enough to understand my viewpoint perfectly. You just don't like it and you think that if you can out-argue me semantically that somehow that will change my opinion... I do have many years of experience dealing with addiction and have been considered enough of an expert to work in the field. IME and IMO ANYTHING can be addictive and can be abused. Even the rush of forum arguments. Just for the record, I have never addressed you personally about addiction or abusing substances and yet this isn't the first time you have reacted defensively as though I were addressing you personally... And on that note, I am retiring from this thread... I know when I'm being lured down a dead end dark alley...

Don't worry, I won't even say you're being "defensive" when you "know when you're being lured down a dead and dark alley..." -- but please, if you can help it, don't use this "defensive" bit with me -- I believe "defensive" is paternalistic and I honesty refuse to be condescended to. I assure you I can have strong opinions without being "defensive." I have a strong opinion without a personal agenda... wow, what a concept!

If you don't want this subject revisited, stop initiating it?.. I never do, I just object when you do. You think it's fishy? Abnormal? A sing of something I have to hide? Duh...

Just seen this thread for the first time.

Hagar - loved your post. :wub:

And I thought I'd chip in something about how ayuahuasca can be and is used as a 'drug' ( and by that I mean an addictive substance which is used to trigger experiences, as a substitute for self generated experiences). Here in England, at least, there are circles of regular ayuahuasca users who dip and dive from one 'far out trip' to another, creating a string of shiny beads for themselves: they meet regularly to take ayuahuasca, just as ecstacy users would meet to rave. A regular safe house and collusion.

and btw, someone, for the sake of balance, had to make an iconoclastic type of post here.

If it hadnt been drew, it would have been someone else, I think.

Upfromtheashes,

Good thread.

I thank all those from various forums that have let me practice with them or on them.

Lover/teacher/crazy chika, Yuko.

Unknown genius hiding in Seattle, Jason

Friend and guenie pig, David.

Awesome russian chick who would let me practice reiki on her anyday, Irina

Friend, Benjamin, for letting me practice with him

My newest creation, Shiela

That Wolf that visits through my mind's eye

Various otherworldy people and things, for the experiences.

My higher self, whatever it is, however it works.. its awesome..

Finally, my fiance for putting up with me.

Anyone missed in the post is unmissed in my heart.

Upfromtheashes,

Good thread.

I thank all those from various forums that have let me practice with them or on them.

Lover/teacher/crazy chika, Yuko.

Unknown genius hiding in Seattle, Jason

Friend and guenie pig, David.

Awesome russian chick who would let me practice reiki on her anyday, Irina

Friend, Benjamin, for letting me practice with him

My newest creation, Shiela

That Wolf that visits through my mind's eye

Various otherworldy people and things, for the experiences.

My higher self, whatever it is, however it works.. its awesome..

Finally, my fiance for putting up with me.

Anyone missed in the post is unmissed in my heart.

Up to the top for this :)

Vinyl!

Stax

Motown

80-90's Chicago Public Radio

Larry Smith

Steve Cushing

Dick Buckley (on the air)

Barry Winograd (4.0)

Kimo Williams (4.0)

Valerie Nicholson (4.0)

Fareed Haque

Marco Villarreal

Adam Rudolph

Bill Romer

Lannie Turner

Big Giri to Fred Anderson, Isaiah spencer, Harrison Bankhead and Hamid Drake for the wisdom and transmit ion (sic) Only a cover charge! (pun intended) Laugh!

Edited by sifusufi

Mega thanks to Joel Signeur (chineseshamanism.com) for recording such an awesome lecture. It's packed with info. Really bringing a lot of ancient, obscure knowledge to the public.

Also like to thank everyone and everything out there. So many lessons contained everywhere.

Also thanks to the frustrations and hardships in life. Got a lot of great lessons about myself and life from those.

Thank you to Michael Lomax for his powerful vibratory movements and his wonderful workshop this past weekend. I am grateful for my dantian! :)

Yes, thank you, Michael Lomax, for such a powerful experience. Honest to goodness the whole weekend has changed my life as every day since then I have been improving my ability to "Stop the World."

"It's already there."

I'm forever grateful.

Sign in to follow this