Sign in to follow this  
Upfromtheashes

Thanks to teachers Thread ---

Updated 8/23/10

Thanks to the KAP tribe for the Recent Shaktipat -

Took another Butoh Workshop in Ithaca New York With Vangeline -

Incredible Combination of Wisdom, Concentration and Physical Practices -

$90 for a two day 8 Hour Workshop - This is someone who walks the walk as well as talks the talk -Very challenging and Very rewarding - Thank You !

Thank You Tara for watching over me :)

Hey Updated 5/26/10

This thread is for thanking my teachers that have been helping me out recently

Hey Just Took a Butoh Dancing Workshop with a teacher Named Vangeline this weekend -

This Class is incredible - She is the Real Deal and Has something Very Valueable to offer - This class will open you up and change You - Bioenergetics- Physical movements, Concentration - Compassion and Connection -

Very Intense - Very Effective - Especially Good If you are shy and inhibited - Be Prepared to experience Being REAL

http://www.vangeline.com/content/templates/t_main_vangeline.asp?articleid=115&zoneid=9

http://www.vangeline.com/content/templates/t_main_vangeline.asp?articleid=123&zoneid=10

-

Anyone please add any teachers who you have found to be effective and helpful

First is Santiago Dobles who has been very generous with knowledge as well as healing energy -

His energy has been very helpful for me

He posts here under the name Vajrasattva and runs the Kundalini awakening Program

http://www.kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/index.html

A great Book Filled with Clarity

Cuts Through a lot of bullshit and gives many Practical techniques and an honest

viewpoint on enlightenment and spirituality

Glen's Viewpoint is very inspiring

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Notes-American-Ninja-Master/dp/1556431570/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266531976&sr=8-1

David Radin -

He is a Zen Monk in Ithaca New York and is the real Deal

Very Present, wise and humble

If anyone is ever in Ithaca New York come and sit with us at Cornell University or visit the Ithaca Zen Center

Thanks ! :lol:

http://www.ithacazencenter.org/schedule.htm

More

Frank Herbert -

Amazing Philosopher -Writer -etc

http://www.amazon.com/Dune-40th-Anniversary-Chronicles-Book/dp/0441013597/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263939523&sr=8-1

James Clavell -

One of the Best Books of all time

Clavell was a prisoner of war During World War 2

The Spirit of His Work is incredible

http://www.amazon.com/Shogun-James-Clavell/dp/0440178002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263939670&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/King-Rat-James-Clavell/dp/0385333765/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263939758&sr=1-1

Alan Moore

Known Widely for Watchmen and V for Vendetta

His Promethea Series Combines Gorgeous Painting- and an exploration of the Kabbalah, The occult, the Wonder of Imagination and Alchemy

One who Walks the Path

http://www.amazon.com/Promethea-Book-1-Alan-Moore/dp/1563896672/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263939795&sr=1-1

Daniel Ingram

His Level of Clarity, Sincerity and Wisdom is very apparent in everything he Writes

Very Helpful for Clarity and Cutting through Crap

http://www.interactivebuddha.com/

And thanks to all my friends, girlfriends, the earth mother and everyone else who has been generous with love and grace :lol:

Edited by Upfromtheashes

Apart from my present teacher, whom I am way too attached to to give some public show of gratitude, my first teachers were not human.

And in no particular order:

yoda-beer.JPG

europe_2006.1155866400.bilde_004.jpg

mont_blanc.jpg

bach.h1.jpg

Sigh!

h

I have too many teachers to thank in one lifetime -

But this is a timely thread for me and I would like to thank my good friend Jeremy who has helped to show me the value of honesty and integrity.

Yes. Cool thread!

I would like to thank Santi, Mal, Scott, Todd, Joe, Eric, GIH, Mr Marblehead, Glenn, Anodea, Alan (both of them), my father and many many others.

Great thread!

Thank you, in no particular order,

butterflies, bumblebees, grasshoppers, the red "soldier bugs," beetles, dragonflies, frogs, and all the rest of you for playing with me and giving me the bliss and wonder of knowing you when the grasses you call home were taller than me

Murka, Barsik, Lola the cats

the monk

the Chief

the Huntress

Art the merciless petty tyrant

Shuairan the Snake and her human counterpart

Li the Chinese and Lee the Irish

master Ho

Jesse

Max

Carlos the first and Carlos the second

ayahuasca and her singers

Wang Liping

the fern teacher

the Eagle-faced teacher of Time

Fuxi, King Wen, Duke of Zhou

and all the rest of the giants on whose shoulders I found my footing,

THANK YOU

Thanks to all my teachers, Those who taught me how to do things and those who taught me what NOT to do... (probably the most profound lessons)

Thanks to Sifu Lum,

Thanks to my friend, Max

Thanks to my student and teacher Luke...

Thanks to those who went before me,

Thanks to Tao Hong Jing for the Six Healing Breaths.

Thanks to Lady Wei for starting it all...

Thanks to Ya Mu for his wonderful book and DVD and his informative posts.

Thanks to Gurudev Singh Khalsa/Dr. Neil for his continued help.

Thanks to Baba Ayo Adeyemi and Master Francis Awe for teaching me the power of the drum.

Thanks to Joe Young for teaching me flute...

Thanks to the unseen teachers who guide me every day...

Thanks to the Mother of us all

Thanks to Father Shiva, the great Master...

Thanks to all others who choose to remain anonymous..

Thanks to all those whose influence or names escape me...

Thanks to myself for answering the call and for doing my best...

My parents and my now deceased grandparents who taught me essential life skills and who brought me into the world.

My wife and children for teaching me more each day.

The Buddha.

Lao Tzu.

All my martial arts teachers too many to mention.

Thank you all

Yeah I want to thank my ayahuasca DMT analog -- syrian rue and mimosa combo for teaching me that all teachers are an illusion. haha.

didn't she show you the real ones?..

just as well... would've been hard to change your pants in full lotus. :lol:

Yeah I want to thank my ayahuasca DMT analog -- syrian rue and mimosa combo for teaching me that all teachers are an illusion. haha.

What a strange thing to say in the context of this thread...

So, drugs are your teachers now? What about about Chunyi lin? Is he an illusion also? Drew... you're starting to slip away even more than usual. I sense alot of sadness and lonliness... Are you alright?

"Strange" is your opinion which is fine but a personal opinion. If I stated all teachers are an illusion not only does that include Chunyi Lin but also the ayahausca analog which "taught" me that lesson! So logical paradox nbr 1 -- yet you have seemed to not notice this. haha.

So even Chunyi Lin is an illusion and so is ayahausca? haha. Is DMT a drug? It's produced by the third eye pineal gland -- but that's according to science. DMT is found throughout the body as well. Is Nature a "drug?"

Emotions are a type of drug as well -- both are electrochemical energy -- ever heard the song "love is the drug."??

I'm awesome. Thanks for asking.

What a strange thing to say in the context of this thread...

So, drugs are your teachers now? What about about Chunyi lin? Is he an illusion also? Drew... you're starting to slip away even more than usual. I sense alot of sadness and lonliness... Are you alright?

VERY funny but I fasted for 24 hours so the only thing I passed was the actual plant material itself. Was basically just a smear. haha.

didn't she show you the real ones?..

just as well... would've been hard to change your pants in full lotus. :lol:

You make some good points, Drew but they don't favor your position...

Strange was my reaction to the spirit of your post, not my opinion. My meaning was that your post was incongruous in context with the spirit of this thread which was to thank our teachers not bag on them... Your post did not come across as a deep insight but as an unconscious aggressive attack on teachers and showed an emotional disconnect to what was being shared by others. That is why I thought it was strange... Your posts have become more and more disconnected than usual...

So even Chunyi Lin is an illusion and so is ayahausca? haha. Is DMT a drug? It's produced by the third eye pineal gland -- but that's according to science. DMT is found throughout the body as well. Is Nature a "drug?"

Drew, you are a smart guy and I know you care alot about people so I feel for you... But you are purposefully distorting words and deflecting. DMT, if produced naturally by the pineal gland as a result of practice is healthy and a sign of progression in cultivation. But if you are ingesting the chemical in order to mimic the pineal's natural function in order to artificially produce a spiritual experience this is unhealthy and not "Nature" as you call it. When your body senses the artificial DMT, it will tell the pineal to stop naturally producing it. This will cause the body to crave it, which will cause you to seek to take more of it. This is how addiction occurs. This will result in dependence and weaken the pineal's ability to secrete naturally and will result in it being harder and harder for you to have success in your cultivation.. I know you already know this. So, yes if you are taking any chemical to achieve a state of mind, that is drug use. You may tell yourself that your just taking a short cut but I know you don't really believe that...

Drew, my friend, you are nice guy, but your posts are feeling increasingly more disjointed and I feel more and more pain coming from them. You are obsessed with DMT, pineal gland, full lotus etc... You throw around Sifu Lin's name, but you knowingly brag about antics he would advise against. You are more and more focused on experiences rather than understanding and growth... This is not Tao... Having powerful spiritual experiences in themselves is not Tao. They are just experiences and are the definition of illusion. So, by your own reasoning, your experiences are illusory and it makes no difference if you are in full lotus or not.

I truly hope you are awesome, but when I read your posts, I feel sadness, frustration, isolation, confusion and loneliness coming from them...

"Strange" is your opinion which is fine but a personal opinion. If I stated all teachers are an illusion not only does that include Chunyi Lin but also the ayahausca analog which "taught" me that lesson! So logical paradox nbr 1 -- yet you have seemed to not notice this. haha.

Emotions are a type of drug as well -- both are electrochemical energy -- ever heard the song "love is the drug."??

I'm awesome. Thanks for asking.

VERY funny but I fasted for 24 hours so the only thing I passed was the actual plant material itself. Was basically just a smear. haha.

Yeah, and I recall you don't eat much at all anyway, but you would still be fully equipped to react to the real teachers shown if they were shown -- you do drink water, right? :lol:

No laughing matter, actually. Have you ever seen Mayan and Inca and pre- both-of-them art in any significant amounts? I went to a museum of same in Lima when I returned from the rain forest, and there, in clay, on tapestries, in pounded gold, in carvings into precious and semi-precious and ordinary and meteorite stones, I saw portraits of the teachers She showed me... and being not of this world, they do something to your mind that the mind refuses to process, whereupon it tells your bladder, um, YOU deal with it, I don't know how! :lol:

5ET, ayahuasca is not a drug. Ayahuasca analogs are not drugs either. I've never taken drugs in my life. I don't even take aspirin. I don't know about Drew, but if he took an ayahuasca analog and you tell him he's taking drugs, that's really uncalled for. Drugs are degraded petrochemicals designed to close one's mind and degrade one's soul. Sacred plants are natural inhabitants of this planet, chronologically predating our species by billions of years and ontologically responsible for our evolution, designed by god to open our mind and humanize our soul. It is the very heart of darkness where one is substituted for the other for the specific purpose of devolving our kind so that their kind can reign supreme. I would never touch any of their abominable creations, and I sincerely hope neither would Drew.

He is unusual -- too unusual for most I'm guessing -- beyond that I don't know what to think. Unusual would have been bad if our "normal" was all that great. Is it?..

If only you could hold my hand and maybe rub my back then I could cry on your shoulder and everything would be o.k. Thanks so much for helping me.

You make some good points, Drew but they don't favor your position...

Strange was my reaction to the spirit of your post, not my opinion. My meaning was that your post was incongruous in context with the spirit of this thread which was to thank our teachers not bag on them... Your post did not come across as a deep insight but as an unconscious aggressive attack on teachers and showed an emotional disconnect to what was being shared by others. That is why I thought it was strange... Your posts have become more and more disconnected than usual...

Drew, you are a smart guy and I know you care alot about people so I feel for you... But you are purposefully distorting words and deflecting. DMT, if produced naturally by the pineal gland as a result of practice is healthy and a sign of progression in cultivation. But if you are ingesting the chemical in order to mimic the pineal's natural function in order to artificially produce a spiritual experience this is unhealthy and not "Nature" as you call it. When your body senses the artificial DMT, it will tell the pineal to stop naturally producing it. This will cause the body to crave it, which will cause you to seek to take more of it. This is how addiction occurs. This will result in dependence and weaken the pineal's ability to secrete naturally and will result in it being harder and harder for you to have success in your cultivation.. I know you already know this. So, yes if you are taking any chemical to achieve a state of mind, that is drug use. You may tell yourself that your just taking a short cut but I know you don't really believe that...

Drew, my friend, you are nice guy, but your posts are feeling increasingly more disjointed and I feel more and more pain coming from them. You are obsessed with DMT, pineal gland, full lotus etc... You throw around Sifu Lin's name, but you knowingly brag about antics he would advise against. You are more and more focused on experiences rather than understanding and growth... This is not Tao... Having powerful spiritual experiences in themselves is not Tao. They are just experiences and are the definition of illusion. So, by your own reasoning, your experiences are illusory and it makes no difference if you are in full lotus or not.

I truly hope you are awesome, but when I read your posts, I feel sadness, frustration, isolation, confusion and loneliness coming from them...

I don't think this is the thread to have some of the conversation we've been having....

Thanks to-

Star Wars episodes IV, V, and VI, for inspiring me, and my dad, for patiently trying to answer all of my questions that I had about that fictional universe :lol:

All the various cartoons of my childhood, opening my mind and letting me explore new ideas.

Shaman King, an awesome manga that inspired me a lot.

Thanks to all the various creators of the various websites that I found when I google searched these topics that interested me so much.

And thanks to the publishers of all the books that I got led to as a result of those google searches.

And thanks to whatever force led me to this forum, I have no idea how or why I even found it but felt compelled to join after reading only one thread :lol:

5ET, ayahuasca is not a drug. Ayahuasca analogs are not drugs either. I've never taken drugs in my life. I don't even take aspirin. I don't know about Drew, but if he took an ayahuasca analog and you tell him he's taking drugs, that's really uncalled for. Drugs are degraded petrochemicals designed to close one's mind and degrade one's soul. Sacred plants are natural inhabitants of this planet, chronologically predating our species by billions of years and ontologically responsible for our evolution, designed by god to open our mind and humanize our soul. It is the very heart of darkness where one is substituted for the other for the specific purpose of devolving our kind so that their kind can reign supreme. I would never touch any of their abominable creations, and I sincerely hope neither would Drew.

Dear God,

More women like this on the planet? Cool? Cool. Amen.

Oh and to not be off topic,

I would like to thank, Radiohead, Thomas Campbell, Joseph Campbell, My Cherokee blood, Life (the greatest teacher of all)

Edited by Jack Runner

:rolleyes: Oy... TM. That was some slick semantics, bravo!... But,... back to the point... Call it whatever you want, if you use it in its' original, sacred cultural context, great... But Drew is abusing it like a drug in place of real cultivation and he knows it...

Oy back, 5ET... :D ...

um... I might have to half agree, although there's no way in hell anyone can possibly "abuse" ayahuasca anymore than anyone could get addicted to and abuse brain surgery.

But I do believe the experience has to be, ideally, in context. I happen to believe the same thing about sex, by the way. Or rock-n-roll. Also, I'm not a big fan of the "analogs" anymore than I like any substitutes that are "almost but not exactly..." and as the result "not even close" -- I'm a sucker for the real thing --

but that's personal preferences, the fact that Drew didn't confess using any drugs still stands.

I'm not the one who first discovered the skewed semantics of the linguistic use of "drugs" sleight-of-handed into social consciousness. A party as knowledgeable as he is eloquent and meticulously aware of language and all its intricate soul-shaping phenomena, Terrence McKenna, did it first. Listen to what he has to say sometime... chances are your views might converge closer with mine as a result... maybe not... but I think there's a chance, his logic is impeccable and his expertise, unimpeacheable.

Sign in to follow this