sunshine

symptoms due to practice

I might have asked that already...

How many of you have gone through sort of a "healing crisis" during their training and any ideas how to make a difference between such a "crisis" due to training and a crisis really being one?

Over the last several months I have developed something I'd call a "weak lung". Both lungs have a pressure somewhere centered in the middle... sometimes it is very hard to breathe freely... not from the diaphraghm (which it once was) but directly through the centre of the lungs... there are times it works without difficulties but they have become less and less...

and I have developed something like rheuma/arthritis in muscles, bones & joints...

I haven't yet gotten checked if there are any rheuma-factors on my blood and before I do I am interested in your experiences...

sometime ago I had signs of a certain vascular syndrome and had my inflammation paramters checked... nothing found...

so I very much assume it could be the result of continuous training I have only established during the last several month...

at least I hope so

:)

Yeah. It's very possible that that is a cleansing reaction. You tiny little hairs in there might get activated again and simply throw out all the junk...

good for you :D

in my case there is no phlegm at all

but I haven't smoked either

hmmmm

How many of you have gone through sort of a "healing crisis" during their training and any ideas how to make a difference between such a "crisis" due to training and a crisis really being one?

9816[/snapback]

It's a good question. Generally, with a healing crisis you feel a sense of gaining strength at a core level, even if it's only a very subtle distinction. Even though you have symptoms, you would have a sense of improvement being made at a deeper level. This of course takes practice to attune to, but we get plenty of chances :-).

Also, after the healing crisis you generally would feel stronger than you were before. Sometimes a healing crisis can be intense, and you can feel disoriented and not know what's what for a period of time. If in time the symptoms become worse or move deeper into the body, then you might reassess the situation.

Hering's (and Kent's) laws of cure say that cure moves from deeper levels of the body to the more superficial. In other words, a healing from a lung problem could show up as a skin condition, and that shouldn't be suppressed, because it's moving in the correct direction. If a skin condition was suppressed and then you get bronchitis, that would be a sign of things moving in the wrong direction.

Also there's an additional law of cure that says that the direction should go from top downward, so that if you have, for example, head congestion that moves into your chest, that's the right direction of cure. Of course that indication alone isn't enough, but it's one thing to add to the assessment.

Another issue here is that very often natural healing methods boost the vital force, and that's a good thing, but then the vital force decides it has enough energy to start tackling an issue that it couldn't tackle before. So deeper blockages are now revealed, and you can sort of hit a wall where the healing methods you were using before can't take you further.

So there may be a deeper blockage coming up, which was always there but your practices may be allowing you to work more deeply now. These are just general guidelines, of course, and I can't say anything definitive about your situation, but I thought you might find these ideas useful.

-Karen

. These are just general guidelines, of course, and I can't say anything definitive about your situation, but I thought you might find these ideas useful.

-Karen

9819[/snapback]

VERY useful... thankx much Karen :D

Both lungs have a pressure somewhere centered in the middle... sometimes it is very hard to breathe freely...

and I have developed something like rheuma/arthritis in muscles, bones & joints...

Both could be interpreted as signs of heat. The first as heat stuck in the center of the chest and the second as heat at the level of "the kidneys" (which include sexual energy and the bones & joints, joints are considered to be part of the bones). That said, both of these could be due to saving aroused (hot) jing and not being able to disperse the heat, and/or a jing deficiency. (My interpretations are not for sure, but might be "pretty good guesses".)

You should:

0. Take this situation seriously, and do your best to resolve it at an early stage.

1. See a doctor of chinese medicine, and get their interpretation. Hopefully one that you could also talk to about your practices in regards to this situation.

2. Review your practices in regards to this situation.

3. Drink lots of (somewhat warm) water on mostly an empty stomach (so as not to dilute the digestive process).

I had heat in the joints for a while.

Two things that helped a lot were:

1. Tahitian Noni Juice

This was miraculously effective.

2. Bridging on a Yoga ball

Bridge_Ball.jpg

You can relax while on it and breathe into the lower tan tien. Shift on the ball to emphasize lower belly opening or more chest opening.

I had heat in the joints for a while.

Two things that helped a lot were:

1. Tahitian Noni Juice

This was miraculously effective.

2. Bridging on a Yoga ball

Bridge_Ball.jpg

You can relax while on it and breathe into the lower tan tien.  Shift on the ball to emphasize lower belly opening or more chest opening.

9837[/snapback]

Thankx Master K... never got used to that Noni stuff and to me the Chi rollers really help chest and belly opening... maybe its true that training stirrs up troubles earlier that might usually have shown only later in life... hope it dissolves with further training...

Harry sunshine

never got used to that Noni stuff and to me the Chi rollers really help chest and belly opening...

Whatever methods work for you. :)

imo, this situation might be something you should take a progressive role in pursuing resolution of. If this is not "something that is coming up and releasing" but "something that is going wrong and could go more wrong" ... joints~bones are a deep layer and good to have them healthy. :)

I could be entirely wrong.

Just my 2 pesos.