Sign in to follow this  
Kali Yuga

Percieving Energy

Hey guys.. Kali here. First thread. ohh yeaah. ;-)

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you Tao Bums here have learned to percieve energy and how you did it.

I mean, chi or prana or whatever you want to call it. The human bio energy field.

The thing is, sometimes I can feel and see other people's energies, but this is rare. But then again, I am relatively new to all of this energy cultivation business. I have been doing an indonesian form of cultivation called Tetada Kalimasada for a few months now, which is a form of tenaga dalam.

Sometimes I can see part of another person's aura but it seems not to be the full-fledged vision that other people have.. I don't see colors just a vague sort of whispy light. And most of what I see is the etheric double anyway. Sometimes I don't even see that. I used to be able to see this on a regular basis but lately it seems to have dwindled.

Has anyone developed this ability to a high degree? I can also feel my energy but only after a long session of cultivation.

Your thoughts please.

Has anyone developed this ability to a high degree? I can also feel my energy but only after a long session of cultivation.

Your thoughts please.

Higher degree is a matter of speaking, but yes I guess I can follow you into the matter quite a bit.

My thoughts on... Perception?

Edited by Guest

Hi Kali,

Yes, I hold to the concept of Chi energy. I don't normally try to concentrate this energy for any specific purpose. I accept that there are those who can perceive the energy field emitted by others. I'm not one of those.

I am sure you will get some nice input from others as there are many who work with Chi energy here on this forum.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

I am informed that i do see 'human energy fields', though it's something that has occured for as long as i can recollect.. it's not consistent, some days it's there, others not so much.. What happens is when my eyes are not focused directly at someone there is this 'shimmer' around their outline, extending outward an inch or two.. the shimmer is very much like the heat shimmer you might see over a hot road, it is transparent and without color.. when the shimmers are in unison and flowing, the person generally seems to in a calm mood.. when the shimmers are chaotic, it seems the person is, too..

A more troublesome condition, for me, is something that manifests as 'sound' in my mind.. a sort of hum or buzz that seems either melodic or chaotic, with similar appearances in the people where i sense this 'sound'.. my issue is the difficulty in controlling this phenomenon, sometimes i can mask it, sometimes not.. worst is in large crowds, concerts, bars, places where people's energies are often chaotic by choice.. the multiplicity of input is overwhelming.. my mentor says i am experiencing the 'energetic signature' of people.. in any case, it has taken some great effort to mitigate the interference this 'gift' imposes..

Be well..

You use the pineal gland to perceive energy but at first it's perceived through what's called proprioception -- an internal tingling sensation, later it becomes more electromagnetic after the emotions are transcended and then it becomes light, with increasing intensity and then physical transformations. Thanks for sharing:

Philippine Star Gotcha, by Jarius Bondoc 23 May 2005

A Once-Secret Healing Art

==============================

Inner healing force is tested through applications. A Kalimasada member "wrapped" a light bulb with energy flowing from the palm, then dropped it two meters to the cement floor. The bulb did not break but bounced several times. Four women lifted a meter high a man standing on three "energized" pages of a newspaper, but the newsprint did not tear under his weight.

=========================================

Though eight years back, the video clip on CNN was so amazing that it still sticks to mind. The scene was during the anti-Chinese riots in Jakarta. Hundreds of demonstrators, some carrying molotov bombs, were about to charge a nervous platoon of policemen. From behind the phalanx sprang a dozen unarmed men in black. Lined up with left arms across tummies, they aimed right fists at the mob. Fifteen feet away, the assaulters suddenly fell to the ground as if they had crashed onto an invisible wall. What was that?

The answer came only recently with an invite to watch a Kalimasada practice at the U.P. Vanguard Bldg. in Diliman, Quezon City. It turned out that the secret of the Jakarta policemen is an ancient Indonesian martial and healing art, once known only to a noble family in East Java, but declassified a dozen years ago "for human good." What had stunned the rushing mob was powerful energy harnessed from the bodies of the Kalimasada-trained cops. The force is not lethal if the user does not--in fact, should not--intend it to be. But it can be potent enough to heal oneself and others of mild pains or serious asthma, emphysema, stroke, diabetes, high-blood pressure, cataract, vertigo, arthritis, muscle atrophy, obesity, kidney stones, cirrhosis, and other lung and heart ailments.

Anything western science is unable to explain can only be demonic. But Tetada (Science and Therapy) Kalimasada cannot be such. Practitioners begin and end their exercises with prayer, and any application or healing must implore the aid of the Almighty. It does not matter if the believer is Christian, Muslim or Buddhist, for there is only one Truth. Sessions start with deep-breathing rhythms, in lotus position, eyes closed, to put oneself in "alpha", the state when the brain is most alert and sensitive. Akin to yoga or t'ai chi meditation, the brain's bio-electricity pulsates at only seven to 14 cycles per second (cps or hertz), unlike in "beta" when the body is active, eyes are open, and vibration is at 20 cps. In the "alpha" meditative state, practitioners communicate with the one God.

There is no self-hypnosis ("theta" state, four to seven cps) or psychic ability ("delta", less than four cps). Yet after meditating, the practitioners perform jurus or exercises in concentrated unison. Each of the nine jurus is aimed at awakening and sharpening the seven chakras , the body's energy centers: sacral for feeling, root (base of the spine) for instincts, navel for power, heart for balance, throat for communication and creativity, brow for third eye, crown for consciousness or wisdom.

After the closing prayer, again with deep breathing to meditate, some new practitioners at the Vanguard Bldg. tested their harnessed inner force. One "wrapped" a light bulb with body energy flowing from the palm, then dropped it two meters to the cement floor. Astonishingly the bulb did not break but just bounced thrice. Another did the same with a florescent lamp, placed it on two bricks a foot apart, then stepped onto it. Again, the lamp did not break. A third "energized" three leaves of a newspaper on the floor before a man stepped onto it. Four women, one on each corner of the paper, lifted him a meter high; the sheer newsprint did not tear under his weight. (Don't try it at home, please, but these and more will be featured tonight at 11 on IBC-13's Linawin Natin). A couple practised "sensing" each other's aura, detecting without touching which part of the other's body was suffering stress or muscular pain. This is in preparation for the Tetada Kalimasada level where healing of self and others is taught.

Through each of the applications, the Pelatih (instructors) reminded the TK members to strengthen their faith in God in order to gain confidence in their skills. "Kalimasada" is taken from the Javanese version of the Mahabharata tale. It is the sacred weapon of Yudisthira, eldest of the five Pendawa brothers. That weapon is virtue of principles. The Kalimasada insignia, two overlapping black and white circles, represents the balance of physical and spiritual life working in harmony. After practising it exclusively for 500 years, the Surohadi family decided in 1991 to spread the martial and healing art to the world. Grandmaster Eddy Surohadi founded the TK Institute for the Development of Inner Power in Jakarta, assisted by his doctor-wife Ida. TK soon set up chapters in other Indonesian islands, then spread to Asia, Europe and America. Leo Villarosa of Subic Freeport, a business partner of Pak Eddy's brother, introduced Kalimsada to the Philippines in the mid-90s after a year of intensive training.

Students can be as young as 12 or as old as can be. One of the first Manila members is retired Col. Tem Rodriguez who, at 68 in 1995, signed up in search of a cure-all to aches and pains that come with a human body's planned obsolescence. He could not climb a flight of stairs then without having to stop every few steps to catch his breath. Today he remains sprightly even after a two-hour exercise, twice-weekly. Others are there to keep fit or to learn healing. Training consists of beginner and higher levels, to which members graduate every three months of 20 sessions, National Pelatih, Col. Gil Aganon says.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you Tao Bums here have learned to percieve energy and how you did it.

I mean, chi or prana or whatever you want to call it. The human bio energy field.

The thing is, sometimes I can feel and see other people's energies, but this is rare. But then again, I am relatively new to all of this energy cultivation business. I have been doing an indonesian form of cultivation called Tetada Kalimasada for a few months now, which is a form of tenaga dalam.

Sometimes I can see part of another person's aura but it seems not to be the full-fledged vision that other people have.. I don't see colors just a vague sort of whispy light. And most of what I see is the etheric double anyway. Sometimes I don't even see that. I used to be able to see this on a regular basis but lately it seems to have dwindled.

Your thoughts please.

...like the ones you read in books. I wonder what kind of practice would be needed to cultivate that.

Most of what people describe in the books is looking through filters. Don't believe everything you read. Valid only if author has burned through all filters and is not lying.

It all depends on what your natural talent is. IF your natural talent is SEEING then raising the energy body vibrational frequency will bring forth that natural talent. Most folks who have that talent start seeing after practicing Stillness-Movement for about 1 year. It takes time and effort of many years to hone that talent.

It all depends on what your natural talent is. IF your natural talent is SEEING then raising the energy body vibrational frequency will bring forth that natural talent. Most folks who have that talent start seeing after practicing Stillness-Movement for about 1 year. It takes time and effort of many years to hone that talent.

Yes, at first I got scared and I told my Mom. She took me to a doctor, because though she's been a kundalini yogini my entire life, she doesn't have this, "talent". She was a little scared too, so just to be sure she took me to a doctor. They recommended anti-psychotics. So, I took them, for like a couple of months. I got soooo depressed that I slept 12 hours a day and though lost the "talent", I lost all sense of reason for living life as well. So, I quit them and re-realized my natural tendancy towards joy and exuberance! Never again will I take anti-psychotics!

:lol:

Greetings..

It takes time and effort of many years to hone that talent.

Hi Ya Mu: As whatever the conditions i described above might be called, it seems the more i 'try' to cultivate them the less they manifest 'usefulness', so.. i have learned to relax and let whatever wisdoms they impart simply reveal themselves spontaneously.. i'm sure it's "different strokes for different folks", but the spontaneous revelations suit my understandings well..

Be well..

Greetings..

Hi Ya Mu: As whatever the conditions i described above might be called, it seems the more i 'try' to cultivate them the less they manifest 'usefulness', so.. i have learned to relax and let whatever wisdoms they impart simply reveal themselves spontaneously.. i'm sure it's "different strokes for different folks", but the spontaneous revelations suit my understandings well..

Be well..

Yes, I never try either. Not my thing... it's enough dealing with the spontaneous arisings and letting them talk to me, then trying to make them happen and try to force them to clue me in.

:)

Your thoughts please.

I started experiencing what sounds like the exact same phenomenon when I began practicing qigong. Can't say I've progressed much though - other than being able to turn it on or off. Still don't get much useful information anyway, certainly nothing I can use for reliable diagnostic purposes yet. But, I haven't been trying to develop it either.

In Daoist systems, lower dan tian is developed first. In part, it acts as an energetic anchor for higher sense development. A lot of people who go strait for the third-eye end up crazy or burned out.

Sounds like a cool martial art, are you leaning in the states?

... so.. i have learned to relax and let whatever wisdoms they impart simply reveal themselves spontaneously..

And this is one of the keys to the development. It can never be forced. Sounds like you are doing just fine. Keep up the good work.

YES! I have been tapped into this energy for many days in a row now. It feels like a magnetic force that pulls my arms, head, hips and even my eyes into an infinity pattern.

I started a topic in the lobby section of this website. It is called Infinity Energy in Macau.

Please read and reply if you have also experienced this energy!

Agree it's important to not make this stuff the focus of your efforts, and yes many books tend to exagerate, the perceptions are for most people most of the time quite subtle, but the more you pay attention to the subtle, the more obvious the subtle becomes. Perceive your own subtle/yin body first.

It's also worth noting that people have different perceptive talents that will manifest depending on their primary mode of processing the world, usually either visual, aural, or kinaesthetic. Someone could see auras like other people see a chair, but may not 'hear voices, music' etc.. Our culture is very visual so we tend to fixate on visual elements.

I'm a kinaesthetic person, so I experience other peoples subtle bodies as bodily/emotional perceptions, which has taken me a long time and a lot of cultivation to start to separate my own emotions from my physical experience of other peoples subtle bodies. I've not seen much about this sort of stuff so it was very confusing when i started cultivating, and still confuses me on a regular basis - still trying to understand it.

Agree it's important to not make this stuff the focus of your efforts, and yes many books tend to exagerate, the perceptions are for most people most of the time quite subtle, but the more you pay attention to the subtle, the more obvious the subtle becomes. Perceive your own subtle/yin body first.

It's also worth noting that people have different perceptive talents that will manifest depending on their primary mode of processing the world, usually either visual, aural, or kinaesthetic. Someone could see auras like other people see a chair, but may not 'hear voices, music' etc.. Our culture is very visual so we tend to fixate on visual elements.

I'm a kinaesthetic person, so I experience other peoples subtle bodies as bodily/emotional perceptions, which has taken me a long time and a lot of cultivation to start to separate my own emotions from my physical experience of other peoples subtle bodies. I've not seen much about this sort of stuff so it was very confusing when i started cultivating, and still confuses me on a regular basis - still trying to understand it.

I have seen all the talents manifest in students. Yours is one I have worked with. Why do we have different and not same talents? This comes about from your spiritual lineage. I talk about this in my book.

A lot of the talents cross over and most people have some of all but usually one will be dominant. Practicing cultivation will manifest it. But as mentioned above by Song Yongdao,

In Daoist systems, lower dan tian is developed first. In part, it acts as an energetic anchor for higher sense development. A lot of people who go strait for the third-eye end up crazy or burned out.

, I strongly advise folks to pay attention to this.

Many things can be felt when you reach a higher level: the energy of the moon, sun, stars, rocks, mountains, trees, flowers, animals, internal organs...macro and microcosm. The ego-mind is shattered and then one becomes in tune with everything.

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I've come up not only the path of the Tao but also the way of Mr. Castaneda. When don Juan Mateus would tell Carlos how the Ancients would watch energy as it ran in the universe, I formed the opinion that it was because the Ancients had all the time in the world to sit around and gaze at the natural phenomena around them. They had time to play with the light. Don Juan had all his apprentices sit on a porch and squint and look at the world as a separate reality - the reflected light through our tears can cause entire scenarios to manifest in front of our eyes. As to how they saw energy running through the universe? This has intrigued and plagued me for years. When a previous poster referred to the shimmering, if one looks off to the side - I have a witchie friend that sees energy this way. |I think it's also seen in the waves of heat coming off a hot surface. I think it's also in a rainbow, where space and time seem to come together to manifest the coloration - which is actually all around us all the time, only we happen to see it momentarily because of the reflection of light off the mist in the air. It can be seen in the northern lights, certainly - those curtain-shaped irregularities in the cosmic soup that are probably all around us - only we get to see them in the areas where ice crystals form in the air. And what about a reflection off a lake or a car window? Have you ever stopped to look at the organized circles of radiation that emit from the center? I was fortunate enough one day, while driving through a long stretch of a desert, to suddenly see all things in my view 'connected' by various lines. It was just for an instant, but it changed my perspective. The trees were connected to the clouds, to the ground, to the homes, to the sky. Maybe they saw something like this, I don't know...I am always looking for the answer to this enigma, whether I'm aware of it or not. Good luck to you, and if you ever find a definitive answer to this one, please do share it....

I guess its a personal experience. It cannot really be explained in words only direct feeling but do we know how to transmit that?

My friend calls it "electrogravitic energy". He says it doesnt matter how u visualize or imagine it, the underlying principle it still there and that's what matters. What is the difference however are all the methods to achieve conductivity.

I used to imagine chi being like fuzzy tingling sensations. or like bio electricity. or if doing it with breath.. some kind of wind-ish force or fluid (but not like say a liquid). More like a bioplasma or ionized gas maybe?

But then its guided by awareness and awareness can also act like a vacuum or vortex that guides the energies. Ive read that chi or the force of chi (?) is just mind and body working in accord.

Edited by Non

Sign in to follow this