Sign in to follow this  
Kali Yuga

yet another tao bum? ;-)

Hi guys... Kali Yuga here.

Found you guys after a long time and a lot of wandering through different forums on the web.

This forum seemed differently interesting and openly talked about a wide range of eclectic topics, especially energy cultivation which was what got me really interested.. So here I am.

Tried to post right away in the other section but turns out I have to be a good boy and say hi lol..

So.. Hi. ;-)

Can I post in the other sections now? Can I? Can I? Pleeaaase? *sparkly glowing eyes* lol.

Just call me Kali. I chose the name because I found the Hindu concept of the Kali Yuga very interesting and striking.. I'll probably start a thread on that later.

Anyway, I'm not exactly taoist but a wide spectrum of different things.. An eclectic of sorts. I'm here to learn new things.

I've always been interested in the occult and magickal rituals, and generally also most forms of Eastern spirituallity.

I know most of you practice more generally chinese related forms of energy cultivation but I was wandering if any of you practiced Tetada Kalimasada or any form of Tenaga Dalam? I just started this form of energy cultivation and it feels wonderful.. After each practice I feel a sort of sparkly tingly kind of heat in my body and I love it.

Please just pop in and say hi and maybe chime in if you're a bit similarly oriented. :-)

Kali,

Welcome!, Welcome!, Welcome!

Many (most?) of us here have an eclectic path, certainly I have. Smorgasborg of eastern spirituality as it's shown up in the western US + american mystics & misc. :D Hindooey, Taoey, Boodhi. :lol:

Trunk

p.s.

You can post in the main section

now that you've completed our

initiation ritual. B)

Hi Kali Yuga.

Welcome to the forum.

The user who posts as Vajrasattva is the resident Tenaga Dalam expert around here. Just do a search for Tenaga Dalam and I'm sure you will find some interesting info.

For the record, Kali Yuga refers to the demon Kali, not Kālī the consort of Shiva depicted in your avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_%28Demon%29

Hi Kali Yuga.

Welcome to the forum.

The user who posts as Vajrasattva is the resident Tenaga Dalam expert around here. Just do a search for Tenaga Dalam and I'm sure you will find some interesting info.

For the record, Kali Yuga refers to the demon Kali, not Kālī the consort of Shiva depicted in your avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_%28Demon%29

Hey! Thanks for posting.

By the way.. Are you sure this isn't the right Kali? Both pictures have an image of kali stepping on another person, and the one depicted in my avatar seems about right..

But on further investigation you're probably right because the person she steps on has serpent hair.. Did not see that before. Lol.

Just goes to show that I have a little farther to go on brushing up on hindu symbology..

thanks.

Yes I am sure.

The demon Kali is the personification of evil/sin. Kali the consort of Shiva is the personification of tamas, the guna (mode) of ignorance. So some of the symbolism might be the similar, since the grosser sins are associated with tamas (rather than sattwa or rajas, the modes of goodness and passion). But in tantric lore, tamas is associated with the lower chakras, not being necessarily good or bad. Kali standing over Shiva's dead body refers to the kundalini rising up from the lower chakras and destroying everything in its path until it reaches the crown (symbolized by Shiva).

Or something like that. I'm no expert.

Sign in to follow this