Sign in to follow this  
lifeforce

To The American People

Hi everyone.

I know that the majority of folks on the forums are from the states so I'd like to say you are all wonderful people.

Me, the wife and our two boys have recently returned to England from our two week holiday in Florida. We were also there in '08.

We were very impressed with the level of politeness, good manners, friendliness and welcoming attitude of you all.

I'm not just talking about the workers from the theme parks and restaurants who's job it is to be polite. But the general public and people on vacation.

This is not something seen in Britain anymore sadly. Friendliness is often viewed with suspicion over here as too often people are afraid to open up.

Thanks to everyone who have made an English family very happy (twice !).

I'm already missing it.

Hope to be back soon.

God Bless America !

Hi Lifeforce,

From a man who has been living in Florida for the past thirty years, I thank you.

Yeah. I think you Brits have gotten too close to the cold Germans and have picked up some of their ways.

I shouldn't pick on the Germans (I am 100% German ancestory) because they are a very kindly people once they open up to others.

We'll try to get things ready for your next visit.

Peace & Love!

Lifeforce,

Thanks for the visit... I think it's the sunshine!

Marblehead,

A friend of mine traveled around Western Europe recently and was shocked that none of them have ever visited Germany. Even the French who live 15 minutes from the border... it never occurs to them to pop over for a beer. When asked why, they don't have an answer... just that the thought never came up. A friend of his, a native Belgian, says that there is an instinctive fear of the Germans in Western Europe that isn't discussed or joked about but in the air.

My friend's favorite European country is Germany but he does say they can be touchy when discussing other Europeans... bring up Belgian beer in a complementary way in conversation and suggest that they try one and they get hot under the collar. To them, it's not even beer and doesn't belong in Germany. Indeed, you can't find Belgian beer for sale in Germany.

I'm part German descendant as well... Pennsylvania Dutch. My grandmother had a thing about giving enemas to kids and I've wondered if there's anything German about that... what's your take?

Your pal,

Yoda

Lifeforce,

Thanks for the visit... I think it's the sunshine!

Marblehead,

A friend of mine traveled around Western Europe recently and was shocked that none of them have ever visited Germany. Even the French who live 15 minutes from the border... it never occurs to them to pop over for a beer. When asked why, they don't have an answer... just that the thought never came up. A friend of his, a native Belgian, says that there is an instinctive fear of the Germans in Western Europe that isn't discussed or joked about but in the air.

My friend's favorite European country is Germany but he does say they can be touchy when discussing other Europeans... bring up Belgian beer in a complementary way in conversation and suggest that they try one and they get hot under the collar. To them, it's not even beer and doesn't belong in Germany. Indeed, you can't find Belgian beer for sale in Germany.

I'm part German descendant as well... Pennsylvania Dutch. My grandmother had a thing about giving enemas to kids and I've wondered if there's anything German about that... what's your take?

Your pal,

Yoda

Sad but very true.

I personally went there from time to time, mustly for silence/yoga retriets in the alps though.

Sign in to follow this