Encephalon

Bruce Frantzis' Water Method

I'm rereading "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body." Frantzis says students should spend 80% of their time cultivating the Downward Current and only 20% cultivating the Upward Current, although he's clear about the precision of your postures in activating your MCO. This corroborates what an acupuncturist told me - that many people can bring the energy up; it's getting it to come down that is the tricky part, and it's more important too. I overheated with Fire Methods, but a strict water method practice would probably have taken longer too, according to Frantzis, but that's okay.

So I'm checking into the Water Method for awhile. Gonna go do some dissolving. Anyone else made this switch? And, does the cultivation of the Downward Water Current make you less of a jackass? Just curious :lol:

I was taught that if you practice reversed breathing then on exhale with expanding belly the energy will naturally go down. You could try and see yourself.

Another thing to watch - the huyin area. It should be relaxed on exhale as well. That will help the energy to go to yongchuan.

well reversing heaven and earth does make one a "jackass" in the literal sense but then the toxins leave the brain -- that's the OUT current. haha. But that's after the 7 or 8 day bigu fast when you are not hungry anymore.

I'm rereading "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body." Frantzis says students should spend 80% of their time cultivating the Downward Current and only 20% cultivating the Upward Current, although he's clear about the precision of your postures in activating your MCO. This corroborates what an acupuncturist told me - that many people can bring the energy up; it's getting it to come down that is the tricky part, and it's more important too. I overheated with Fire Methods, but a strict water method practice would probably have taken longer too, according to Frantzis, but that's okay.

So I'm checking into the Water Method for awhile. Gonna go do some dissolving. Anyone else made this switch? And, does the cultivation of the Downward Water Current make you less of a jackass? Just curious :lol:

I was taught that if you practice reversed breathing then on exhale with expanding belly the energy will naturally go down. You could try and see yourself.

Another thing to watch - the huyin area. It should be relaxed on exhale as well. That will help the energy to go to yongchuan.

way to go sir..

a few minor corrections and you are ready to go...

that's what happens when you have a teacher.

when you are your own teacher, you change the system instead, because you don't know how things work, you have no idea what corrections you can apply.

it's what we see for years now...

jumping from one branch to another

In general, I'd say that the water method that B.K. Frantzis teaches is awesome. But really, "water" and "fire" are really polarizing, and a bit unnecessarily so, when I do the dissolving practice, I don't think of the "ice to water to gas" metaphor, but instead another metaphor he uses in the book: a tightly clenched fist which you relax into a soft fist (ice to water), and then opening your fingers and spreading them naturally away from the palm (water to gas).

When I apply that idea to blockages I feel, I feel like I really "release" them in a much more tangible way, both mentally and physically. Also, it doesn't seem like a "water" or a "fire" approach, it just feels like a good method to help clear stuff.

Furthermore, it gets you in touch with energy without having to accumulate energy to do it. That way, when you start to accumulate energy in the future, you can see problems as soon as they begin to arise, since your level of feeling is more honed, as opposed to feeling it in a more powerful and dangerous form later on.

Only downside, though, in general is that when you DO want to start working with energy, there's not much material out there on that in the form of books (he said he only wants to put the really safe practices out in books, so you are less likely to hurt yourself doing something wrong, as opposed to an energy intensive practice). After that you'd have to track down someone he's certified to teach those methods, or go to a seminar (which are kind of expensive)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Greetings..

I can recommend Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming's books and videos as excellent sources for in-depth research and descriptive instruction.. i began training with Dr. Yang in 1997, i find his QiGong and ChinNa to be his strongest knowledge.. another excellent source is David Chin, but he transmits directly.. An excellent read is Rick Barrett's "Through the Western Gate", and.. his seminars are worth the time, effort and $$..

Be well..

In my experience its' the down channel that can get blocked much more easily. But thats just me. Everybody would be different. You need both open. Just spend time on them both i think 50/50. Soon you will find out what you need.

Plus if you have more up channel open you just continue the force around the orbit and it will give you more momentum to help you clean the down channel. They help each other. It's not so much they are different channels they are all one and the same, a big circle that has 2 different names for the sake of discussion. But in reality it's just like one big oval :)