Yoda

cleanliness is next to godliness...

Jeez! Don't get me started.

Now this is a good old example of bad science, if not pseudo-science. It overlooks the most apparent of all fallacies when trodding along the hypothetic-deductive logic trail: The case of context dependency of all scientific data. For more see:http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/528804/philosophy-of-science/271807/Discovery-justification-and-falsification.

Darn it! I knew those pig farmers were a bunch of bungholes!

h

Hagar,

You really need to drop your antipathy towards Mormon Swedes!!! :lol: I'm sure Dr. Liljenquist has designed her study ok even if her past involved an unusual pig farm conversion experience. :huh:

Your pal,

Yoda

Jeez! Don't get me started.

Now this is a good old example of bad science, if not pseudo-science. It overlooks the most apparent of all fallacies when trodding along the hypothetic-deductive logic trail: The case of context dependency of all scientific data. For more see:http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/528804/philosophy-of-science/271807/Discovery-justification-and-falsification.

Darn it! I knew those pig farmers were a bunch of bungholes!

h

There's been other observations along these lines -- in a book titled The Tipping Point, by don't remember who (a nonfiction bestseller of a decade or so ago) the author describes the clean-up of the NYC subway and the trains in the 80s (I think) followed by a drop in subway crime by, like, 90% without the addition of a single cop.

It's the qi, man. Dirty enviros produce sha' qi, which adversely affects human qi. Clean ones can go either way depending on what they have been cleaned with (with toxic chemicals, still sha' qi) and with what kind of intent (slave labor, still sha' qi. Righteous indignation, holier-than-thou cleaner-than-thou attitudes, still bad. Neurotic obsessive-compulsive cleanliness - more sha' qi. Singapore style enforced cleanliness -- drop a toothpick and you go to jail -- more sha'. And so on...) Beautiful natural environments, or places cleaned with care and enjoyment -- that's shen qi. Shen qi is good for the soul.

I just bought an early 20th century solid Sterling silver bowl at a thrift shop that cost me $3 -- it was so dirty that the "Sterling" stamp wasn't visible so they didn't know it was there. I felt it should be, based on the design, it seemed unlikely that something made with this kind of care could have been made out of anything cheap. It took me fifteen minutes of hard work, when I took it home, to turn it into a shining museum-quality beauty. Now I feel goodly! :)

Taomeow,

Score on the silver!

with toxic chemicals, still sha' qi

It's interesting that a Windex product could up people's morality. Maybe they just associate the smell with Mom being in the house? :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

It's interesting that a Windex product could up people's morality. Maybe they just associate the smell with Mom being in the house? :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Maybe. :) Also, I've seen morality go up as vitality goes down, and so did the author of this poem:

King David and King Solomon

Led merry, merry lives,

With many, many lady friends

And many, many wives;

But when old age crept over them,

With many, many qualms,

King Solomon wrote the Proverbs

And King David wrote the Psalms!

Hagar,

You really need to drop your antipathy towards Mormon Swedes!!! :lol: I'm sure Dr. Liljenquist has designed her study ok even if her past involved an unusual pig farm conversion experience. :huh:

Your pal,

Yoda

I'm probably biased, as I almost married a mormon.

But just imagine the consequences if this kind of research was taken literally, as most media does, and then is reinvented by some global business conglomerate. The entire western world would stink itself into a moral stupour. ;)

h