Seth Ananda

Dragon Gate Melbourne?

No, i dont think Ken studies with Him ? He was on the Queensland Gold Coast last year when i spoke with Him & His wife Lucy. Unless you speak Chinese then you cannot communicate with him unless she translates. I never followed the system.

You can find some info in the 4th post on the following article below.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4449

Regards,

Edited by r.w.smith

huh? Me? No, I don't study with this gentleman.

Just let you know, Longmen Pai (Dragon Gate sect) has been the biggest school of Daoism in China for at least a few hundred years. There are literally hundreds of lineages that are called Longmen Pai, most of them have little to do with each other. The teaching of Master Wang Liping's lineage is based on the classic Ling Bao Bi Fa, i only know of one other school, also called longmen pai (but has nothing to do with Master Wang's longmen pai) who also practice Ling Bao Bi Fa.

So in summary, you will find that there are many Daoist sects that are called Longmen Pai in China (or overseas) but they all have different transmissions and different practices.

No, i dont think Ken studies with Him ? He was on the Queensland Gold Coast last year when i spoke with Him & His wife Lucy. Unless you speak Chinese then you cannot communicate with him unless she translates. I never followed the system.

Thanks very much for that info Ken, I didnt think you were studying with him :lol: If i remember correctly (dont bank on it) i think there were 3 levels or something in his system. Maybe its structured this way for the general public ? I think there were higher levels but only upon request.

Kindest Regards,

Thanks everyone. I get that there would be many different streams of the Dragon gate school but I would not know How different?

I would like to get to Wang Liping's teachings one day, so I am wondering would I learn anything that would be remotely similar or that would be a good foundation for his training at some where like this?

Thanks again too r.w.smith :)

I'm actually going to do his course this weekend, mostly because i've been wanting to learn Dao Yin from a teacher (rather than through books etc), i'll tell you how it goes and will ask some lineage info!