Sign in to follow this  
enouch

Device to increase cardio stamina/Martial arts/

I took resveritrol for a month. I did see an improvement in aerobic activity and felt more energetic only after 2 weeks. Too bad I can't afford the stuff right now. :(

THE RESVERITOL ISN'T THE DEVICE THOUGH!!!

Very interesting article. I will watch the development of this drug.

Two comments from an eastern medical perspective.

One: There is something called cold stagnation. This occurs when the body is open and the thermodynamic aspect of lower temperatures invades the meridian/ small vessels / fasciae. When this occurs, it can create a lack of blood flow similar to a physical injury, which can lead to pain/disease/or other complications. This is the reason why in traditional medical texts, the ancients never allowed themselves to sweat during the winter. If you keep the body and the pores closed, the pathogenic influences of cold and damp cannot invade. Which is why you don't grow your qi in the winter, but instead guard what you have and keep to meditational exercises rather than movement based activities. A tree does the same thing by closing off its branches and directing energy to the roots for hibernation.

With this in mind, putting ice on your kidneys while they are taxed from exercise and fully opened to release sweat through the pores, sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Two: In eastern practices it is common knowledge that you don't eat large amounts while you are regenerating tissues from an injury or fighting off a cold. The blood and qi can be redirected to the "shields" when it is not being used to digest and transform foods.

Love those ancients. Pretty smart folk...

:)

One: There is something called cold stagnation. This occurs when the body is open and the thermodynamic aspect of lower temperatures invades the meridian/ small vessels / fasciae. When this occurs, it can create a lack of blood flow similar to a physical injury, which can lead to pain/disease/or other complications. This is the reason why in traditional medical texts, the ancients never allowed themselves to sweat during the winter. If you keep the body and the pores closed, the pathogenic influences of cold and damp cannot invade. Which is why you don't grow your qi in the winter, but instead guard what you have and keep to meditational exercises rather than movement based activities. A tree does the same thing by closing off its branches and directing energy to the roots for hibernation.

With this in mind, putting ice on your kidneys while they are taxed from exercise and fully opened to release sweat through the pores, sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Two: In eastern practices it is common knowledge that you don't eat large amounts while you are regenerating tissues from an injury or fighting off a cold. The blood and qi can be redirected to the "shields" when it is not being used to digest and transform foods.

You mentioned heat! I've always wondered if dhea or tribulus products [typically used by bodybuilders] which increase sexual energy and heat would also increase yang energy,especially in the winter.Gary Clyman advocates condensation breathing next to a heater,he also suggests for those with self control, watching errotic videos when doing cond./breathing.I should add he calls masturbation energy suicide!

Edited by enouch

I took resveritrol for a month. I did see an improvement in aerobic activity and felt more energetic only after 2 weeks. Too bad I can't afford the stuff right now. :(

Kinda reinforces whatthe sages wrote centuries ago.

Mm this is actually pretty cool.. A similar method can end muscle soreness caused by an excessive workout.

(Thats a secret though!)

Nice post man :) Any recommended reading?

Gary Clyman advocates condensation breathing next to a heater,he also suggests for those with self control, watching errotic videos when doing cond./breathing.I should add he calls masturbation energy suicide!

This is in the context of generating Yang during the winter? Any more info on this?

Mm this is actually pretty cool.. A similar method can end muscle soreness caused by an excessive workout.

(Thats a secret though!)

A few years ago I found out that low intensity cardiovascular training actually sped up my recovery from muscle soreness and noticeably lessened it while speeding it up.

A few years ago I found out that low intensity cardiovascular training actually sped up my recovery from muscle soreness and noticeably lessened it while speeding it up.

This could be because you are increasing the amount of blood flow in the area, which stimulates growth/repair/movement. Smart stuff either way!

Sign in to follow this