Sign in to follow this  
TaoTeChing

Tao Te Ching

Hi TTC,

My favorite translation is Robert Henricks' followed by Lin Yutang's. Henrick's translation is, in the scholastic field today, considered to be the most accurate although some suggest that even his translation has some questionable areas.

Don't know if it was written by Loa Tzu (I personally doubt it) or not but that has never bothered me.

Peace & Love!

Hello thanks Marblehead :mellow:

I wonder which Tao Te Ching version of Robert Henricks?

Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching: A Translation of the Startling New Documents Found at Guodian

or

Lao Tzu: Te-Tao Ching - A New Translation Based on the Recently Discovered Ma-wang-tui Texts

Thanks my Friend

Sorry I didn't give you the link. The second one you mentioned is the one that is at this link:

http://terebess.hu/english/tao/henricks.html

The first one is the most recent but I understand that the new-found text makes no significant changes to the one that is at the link above.

Henricks provides almost no interpretation in his translation but he does provide many notes as to how and why he translated certain characters the way he did. It is really a very scholarly work.

Peace & Love!

i dont want pictures just the 81 vers in a book and that is..

Good Night is to you MarbleH

TTC

Yeah. Go to that site. You will find many choices plus a big bunch of other stuff.

Happy reading.

Peace & Love!

Well I like the Jane English, Gia Fu Feng translation. My Master is a Taoist priest from Wudang. He said it is the closest one. But he also said that there isn't a great one yet.

My wife is a professional translator/linguist and is Chinese. She said that version is good as well. However, she said there will never be one like the original because the Chinese language is structured in a way that will bring much more meaning.

Tao Bless

Hello

Any feelins, words, comments, information or anything do you want to say about the book Tao Te Ching is welcome.

I wonder which is the most original Tao Te Ching, and which is your favorite Tao Te Ching?

Any evidence that the Tao Te Ching was write by the sage Laozi?

Regards

Guodian.jpg

Greetings..

I like the Red Pine translation, but i teach from the Jane English/Gia Fu Feng translation, it is more applicable for those less accustomed to the Chinese use of metaphor..

Be well..

... but i teach from the Jane English/Gia Fu Feng translation, it is more applicable for those less accustomed to the Chinese use of metaphor..

Be well..

I would agree with you here. I think that the words selected for translation are well selected for the western mind-thinking.

Peace & Love!

Well I like the Jane English, Gia Fu Feng translation. My Master is a Taoist priest from Wudang. He said it is the closest one. But he also said that there isn't a great one yet.

My wife is a professional translator/linguist and is Chinese. She said that version is good as well. However, she said there will never be one like the original because the Chinese language is structured in a way that will bring much more meaning.

Tao Bless

Who is your Master? I will be at Wudang 12th & 13th November ;)

Sign in to follow this