Sign in to follow this  
sean

Scott Sonnon San Shou KO

Check it out! Scott Sonnon's San Shou competition fight! (43 megs)

Scott competed in the U.S. International San Shou Championship, taking home a gold. So now he is an International Champion in a striking art on top of his previous International Championships in grappling arts. I was also excited to read that he's currently training Brazilian jiu-jitsu with Steve Maxwell in Philadelphia (my home town, reprezent!) and thinking of competing in this as well. Gotta admit, it's cool seeing Scott just work the full gamut of physical culture. I think the only thing he needs to do now is learn ballet and breakdancing and then we can just relax with the certainty that he is in fact an insane mutant sent from another planet. ;)

Sean

I wonder how he would do against better competiition.

Still props no doubt. It take guts to get in there and his Judo throws are sweet.

Yeah, it was cool to see Scott fight. The guy was apparently pretty tough having 12 professional fights in that style vs. Scott's 0 and he weighed more than Scott. Here is a review of the fight.

Great job Scott!

And like I said, really looking forward to his forays into BJJ and the possibility of more innovative training material from him geared specifically toward ground fighters.

Sean

Yeah that would awesome and would be great timing if he could put something out specificially for us BJJers. I will need it!

Edited by Cameron

A cool thread about Scott's preparation for his match. It's surprisingly unusual to actually see any guru's personal practice routine:

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/forum/v...opic.php?t=8442

It's cool to see mobility work, yoga, and more conventional conditioning put together into one system. Sean, I know you are busy but I'm still waiting for some yoga thoughts from you.

-Yoda

Sign in to follow this