Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Are You "Light" Enough?

In human life there are two basic classifications of peope: "heavy" and "light". Herbal medicine, acupuncture and other healing arts of the same family are for "light" people who are sensitive enough to react to "light" medicine. "Heavy" medicine, which has developed along the same level as modern industrial technology, serves "heavy" people. Such plumbing techniques that require complicated operations and strong medicines are very popular in treating many human medical symptoms.

This principle applies not only to medicine but also to religion and politics as well. "Heavy" religions and governments suit the needs of "heavy" people. Light wine is not for vodka drinkers. No one can promise that "light" measures can cure all human problems, however. Especially when the tendency of humanity is to become "heavier".

Because of the evolutionary and devolutionary phases of individuals, it is not easy to say who belongs in which category. The mass production of today's educational system tends to build "heavy" students who are restricted in their development. Although some people escape being molded in such a way, many become victims.

p116, Ni Hua Ching, "Book of Changes"

You got that from the book of changes? From my readings of these types of texts it seems not like that at all. The small things have a cumunalitive (spelling wrong i know) effect. The great wall was began with 1 brick, to walk to the top of the mountain took many small steps etc. The light things can add up and be much more potent than the heavy things.

You got that from the book of changes? From my readings of these types of texts it seems not like that at all. The small things have a cumunalitive (spelling wrong i know) effect. The great wall was began with 1 brick, to walk to the top of the mountain took many small steps etc. The light things can add up and be much more potent than the heavy things.

;) One of the benefits of Master Ni's I Ching is that he goes to great lengths to explain the origin, theory and practical application of the principles found in the I Ching. The above was from one of these other chapters.

:D

That sounds like a good book, Stig, I think I'll get it. I had thought the only English translation of the I-Ching by a Taoist master was the one by Alfred Huang, it is a beautiful book. I can't understand people who like I-Ching translations written by Western scholars when they know there is one (or more) by a Taoist master.

That sounds like a good book, Stig, I think I'll get it. I had thought the only English translation of the I-Ching by a Taoist master was the one by Alfred Huang, it is a beautiful book. I can't understand people who like I-Ching translations written by Western scholars when they know there is one (or more) by a Taoist master.

If i were you i'd get the version by Mantak Chia. It's probably explained very well and easily understandable in there. I haven't read it but everything he writes is like gold :)

Yes, Stig,

I am light enough (in my mind). I can still fly to Italy to my most favorite place in the world any time I wish to do so.

Peace & Love!

In human life there are two basic classifications of peope: "heavy" and "light". Herbal medicine, acupuncture and other healing arts of the same family are for "light" people who are sensitive enough to react to "light" medicine. "Heavy" medicine, which has developed along the same level as modern industrial technology, serves "heavy" people. Such plumbing techniques that require complicated operations and strong medicines are very popular in treating many human medical symptoms.

I'm finding this to be true in my energy healing practice. I can almost tell just by looking at their bodies. There seems to be a sort of thickness to them, almost like armor.

One client, who didn't benefit much from the treatment, told me she's had no luck with energetic based treatments and thought maybe it is because she is an earth sign.

She had that "armor" type body too. I worked around her C7 area and it was like she had a 1/2 inch of "padding" over it.

Spot on, Stig. I have this book too and havent started studying it yet.

This is a nice explanation that makes complete sense to me. And I think most of us are familiar with 'heavy' people telling us how 'nothing works on me'.... and poo - pooing the experiences of 'light' people.

Cool Cat ;)

Keep an eye on this thread then: http://www.thetaobums.com/I-Ching-Digest-t11994.html

I will be using Master Ni's I Ching as a basis for the exploration.

:D

This is a nice explanation that makes complete sense to me. And I think most of us are familiar with 'heavy' people telling us how 'nothing works on me'.... and poo - pooing the experiences of 'light' people.

Exactly! "It doesn't work, because I haven't experienced it." or... "That's not possible, because it's never happened to me when I meditate." Me and my girlfriend call these people, "densies" and we see this black energy around these people, or like a sheath over their heads, or a black spot over their 3rd eyes. Densies can even have psychic powers but only to aggrandize their black and white linearity in thinking.

Eh... Then.. meditate more, go deeper, let go more when you enter meditation. If it doesn't work the first time, then try, try again. Obviously 1,000,000 people who experience a literal physiological healing are not deluded. I can understand doubting psychological healing because sure, it could be the placebo effect, but actual physical healing that doctors go, :o about? Is saying something.

We are not dense beings, we are not physical beings, we are merely "reflections in a mirror."

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Exactly! "It doesn't work, because I haven't experienced it." or... "That's not possible, because it's never happened to me when I meditate." Me and my girlfriend call these people, "densies" and we see this black energy around these people, or like a sheath over their heads, or a black spots over their 3rd eyes. Densies can even have psychic powers but only to aggrandize their black and white linearity in thinking.

Densies, black energy LOL. Damn you sure have a knack for putting the "stank" on what you consider inferior. It's just using the scientific method you know. Do they deserve such scorn? Your compassion is touching! :wub:

And you said on another thread that black/white or on/off linearity in thinking is Buddhism, and how it is distinguished from Taoism is based on it. So that means it is a part of Buddhism and so can't be all that bad can it?

ME: All that is saying is I should convert and I will be saved. Anyone can re-write their way and do that. This is not good news and no help. It is not an open ended response/option but an on (DO) / off (not-DO) mind set.

VH: "Ok, well that's Buddhism. ... That's Buddhism and this is why it's different from Taoism."

Edited by Tao99

Densies LOL. Damn you sure have a knack for putting the "stank" on what you consider inferior. It's just using the scientific method you know. Do they deserve such scorn? Your compassion is touching! :wub:

Oh, I have compassion for them. I have compassion for you as well.

It's mostly an inside joke and is relative. My girlfriend just got back from spending 3 months with a narcissistic vampire, who she had been friends with her whole life but didn't get to see clearly until this 3 month long trip around the world. This girl psychologically drained my girlfriend, projected all her issues onto her, basically psychologically tortured her for a three month period and she had to live with her night and day. My girlfriend is very sweet natured, for instance she saw a homeless kid in Thailand and took the kid to a restaurant and fed the kid a full meal, meanwhile this girl judges her spirituality, calls her heartless, and all sorts of things which are more like qualities of her own. When I first saw them together when I visited Toronto more than a year ago, where my GF is from, I saw this young lady, Lindsey, taking over my girlfriend with this dark energy and my girlfriend was almost not recognizable. This girl was vamping her and taking advantage of my GF's innocence, I could not see Alana's usual light. I could see that this girl had some psychic powers, but used them to hide her insecurities and help her get petty desires fulfilled. This girl was very demonic in her intentions at every turn. I showed her love, but she was very judgmental about every action, thought and offered tid bit of wisdom. I wondered how Alana (my GF) could even be friends with her and it almost made me just want to break up with her, as this was towards the beginning of the relationship.

Anyway... a year and some months later, I told her "don't go around the world with Lindsey (the vampire friend) because she is dense and nothing good from you will get through to her and she will turn everything around to make it seem like your fault". Her mother told her the same thing as well as a few of her best friends. But she said that if she didn't go, she would regret it and that they had made a promise to do this trip since they were in middle school, as they had known each other since elementary school. So, she went and the things that I warned her about did happen, but it was even worse than any of us imagined. I won't go into details, but this girl effected my GF in way's that are still harming her even 4 months after the trip's end. She came back psychically drained, pale and scared, an almost entirely different person, gone was the peace that I felt in her presence. All I felt was agitation and sadness. She keeps saying that she should have listened to us and not gone, but I tell her that she would have regretted not going, seeing all the pictures on facebook from Lindsey taken on the trip would have made her feel like she missed out. Also, Alana wouldn't have come to know exactly what type of person this girl was if she didn't go. It took spending an entire 3 months with this girl, day in and day out, and sleeping in the same room with her to finally see what kind of company she was keeping. So, though I keep trying to tell her to send her love and try to forgive her because she doesn't know any better, that she is a victim of her conditioning much like you cannot blame fire for being hot. That it was also your karma to go through such a thing, because you chose to go, you needed to learn something from it. But that Lindsey and people like her are "densies" and no matter how much love you give them, or how much you forgive them, you are really just doing it to help yourself let go and relinquish the attachment and blaming that's binding you to her. The goodness is not going to get through to Lindsey and people like her unless they make a conscious decision to open up to it. But people like her, in this lifetime are generally too far gone and it would take a major life changing shock of an experience to cause a paradigm shift of any significance for these "dense" or "heavy" people to open up to a perspective that is, "light" and not so dense.

Take care. :)

EDIT: I was just corrected by Alana, it was a 3 month trip. Which is true... LOL! I was 3 months without her. Duh!

Edited by Vajrahridaya

And you said on another thread that black/white or on/off linearity in thinking is Buddhism, and how it is distinguished from Taoism is based on it. So that means it is a part of Buddhism and so can't be all that bad can it?

Are you getting pleasure from being so subversive?

I said black and white absolutism, or black and white linearity in thinking is not Buddhism and I was not making this a distinguishing factor from Taoism. Taoism is not so black and white in it's thinking either and see's relativity and applies this to a certain depth, just not deep enough for a Buddhist, in general.

We see beginningless and endless interconnecting chains of relativity without a fundamental essence.

I've said many times that what distinguishes Buddhism from Taoism is the fact that there is no absolute reality, no single fundamental source of existence in Buddhist interpretation of the cosmos. Buddhism and Taoism have a lot of parallels, but in the final analysis, they do not come to the same conclusion as to the universal phenomenology. I'm not trying to make this argument here though, so why bring it up? You certainly do hold grudges, don't you?

I also am having a hard time understanding what you mean by the above statement? I don't think your wording is very clear?

VH: "I've even said that it's possible for a Taoist to become a Buddha if he or she see's the Tao as referencing mutual co-dependence or inter-dependent co-arising rather than an ontological and mysterious universal essence."

ME: All that is saying is I should convert and I will be saved. Anyone can re-write their way and do that. This is not good news and no help. It is not an open ended response/option but an on (DO) / off (not-DO) mind set.

VH: "Ok, well that's Buddhism. ... That's Buddhism and this is why it's different from Taoism."

To a Buddhist, yes... we find that only buddhism really teaches pratityasamutpada and seeing this is the liberating factor. It depends on what your goal is though. The Buddhist goal is liberation from psychological suffering through and through, but also, liberation from unconscious rebirth or unconscious recycling. Not knowing where you are going after you die is an ignorance according to Buddhism that the methods of Buddhism rectify.

Please stop bringing up this argument though. I'm not trying to argue this, but if you keep making mis-interpretations of my posts and pasting them all over the place, I will attempt to clarify the meaning. But, some threads are not for this debate. Please don't begrudgingly chase me around the room.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

As the person who made the OP in this thread I'm going to make a very clear request that the ongoing "flame war" being campaigned in other threads not be continued here.

Thank you

:)

If i were you i'd get the version by Mantak Chia. It's probably explained very well and easily understandable in there. I haven't read it but everything he writes is like gold :)

Yes, gold in his own pocket. I'll pass on his stuff, he appears to be a nice guy but ... just say no to thread drift. :)

As the person who made the OP in this thread I'm going to make a very clear request that the ongoing "flame war" being campaigned in other threads not be continued here.

Thank you

:)

How is that a flame war? He made a post in this thread making a big deal about how he doesn't use "heavy" on/off linear thinking and scorned it as black energy, and I retorted that he was being inconsistent, and showed his post proving my point. That isn't a flame war but talking about exactly what that thread was about: heavy(his dark energy densies) versus light!!!! It was about your OP!!

Whatever. Who cares. I guess it doesn't matter. But it certainly isn't surprising or unjustified.

anyway onward with heavy versus light.

Edited by Tao99

How is that a flame war? He made a post in this thread making a big deal about how he doesn't use "heavy" on/off linear thinking and scorned it as black energy, and I retorted that he was being inconsistent, and showed his post proving my point. That isn't a flame war but talking about exactly what that thread was about: heavy(his dark energy densies) versus light!!!! It was about your OP!!

Whatever. Who cares. I guess it doesn't matter. But it certainly isn't surprising or unjustified.

anyway onward with heavy versus light.

There is judgement of an absolute value, which I don't think Stig is on about as the motivation for this post. Then there is discerning about someones state of mind and knowing who you do not want to associate with. There are signs which reflect a persons state of mind. For those that have an ability to see energies, one can see certain signs in the auric field or chakras of individuals and see how heavy or light a person is. Sometimes it's difficult to ascertain how subjective this is as an enlightened being can mirror back exactly the issues that you have within, right back at you from without, unintentionally. For instance an enlightened being due to being empathic will feel you completely and take on your energetic dimension or even subtle energetic dimensions that you may be avoiding or not aware of, and not be effected by it personally, but experience it while you are looking at them. There are also extreme interpretations which has a habit of not seeing the inherent relativity of a situation. Like for instance, one person can come off heavy to someone else and come off as light to another person, depending upon how two people connect to each other. Or one circumstance can be read in two totally contradicting ways depending upon the angle from which you are looking upon the situation. There are differences, and relative values in the world around us. It's just applying an absolute value which might not be helpful and miss an opportunity to experience insight, or miss a chance to learn something due to a projected pre-conception, conditioning the experience of a given circumstance, thus mis-interpreting it entirely.

Because people are at different stages of evolution, there are different methods for teaching. The Buddha reveals this in the Pali texts when he teaches different people in different ways about the same topic. Some people get the version that is more illuminating and goes into more detail, thus the audience is lighter and at other times, one can see that he is talking to a heavy or dense audience, so he just keeps it simple and straight forward, doesn't go into detail much and just offers a method of some sort so that the audience can raise their capacity. Sometimes, if a person is light, all they need is a terse lesson, and the details are elaborated within the being just through a very simple lesson, and others need for everything to be broken down and the outer guidance has to be more elaborate because the person has more inner obstacles.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

EDIT: As this thread is about "light" and "heavy" people and teachings surrounding these two paradigms of experience and expression. I want to say and I hope this registers with people and makes people think about what they really feel within. I absolutely do not believe in "enemies" in any absolute sense. "Heavy" people or even demons have the capacity to become "light" beings and "light" beings can loose their virtue and become "heavy" beings or become demons even. Demons have not always been demons, or heavy people have not always been that way, it's all very fluctuant and things change over years and eons, consciousness is actually innocent, but the way it's conditioned defines it's environment of awareness both inner and outer.

So, I do not believe in enemies, I don't believe that there are enemies and I don't believe that enemies exist anywhere at all. There is merely what is beneficial and what is not beneficial.

I think I'm a "heavy".

I think I'm a "heavy".

And I respectfully disagree. :)

Stig: Good topic.

Concerning energy healing of "light" versus "heavy".

It is true that the "heavies" do not respond as well to direct energy projection. Usually we have to put out much more qi to get effect when working on "heavies", but we can get positive effect. The better way is to use High Level energetics treatment method where direct to the body does not occur. This method uses "as above so below" and works very well with these folks.

Edited by Ya Mu

A couple of years ago it took me a two to three months to start feeling heat in stomach. Thing is that I lost 35 pounds (understrength but felt a lot more comfortable). I thought I was doing well until a reliable healer told me that I'm not doing too well (he looked at a pic). Had an extremely strange and extensive healing that convinced me that I was a "heavy".

Other than occasional crown breathing, rooting & 5 Gates Breathing, I haven't had a practice. I've gained 60 pounds since then.

extreme "heavy" now.

Both human healers that I've gotten treated by were extremely powerful so I can't really judge according to this.

Edited by lino

Stig: Good topic.

Concerning energy healing of "light" versus "heavy".

It is true that the "heavies" do not respond as well to direct energy projection. Usually we have to put out much more qi to get effect when working on "heavies", but we can get positive effect. The better way is to use High Level energetics treatment method where direct to the body does not occur. This method uses "as above so below" and works very well with these folks.

I had hoped you would respond to this my friend. Thanks for your perspective :D

Sign in to follow this