Jade02

Immortality Book

This book is about two things, first it is a book for anyone wishing to achieve Mankind's greatest quest, the secret to Eternal Youth! And second, this book is about an ordinary guy who accomplishes this extraordinary feat. Qi Gong Master Norm Than has dedicated his life to the ancient Chinese practice called the Taoist Three Treasures to achieve immortality (or extreme long life!) The ancient Taoist sages practiced their mystical art to become what is called a Youthful Immortal. A Youthful Immortal is one who has mastered the secrets of life at a young age and as a result is able to achieve Eternal Life, remaining eternally young, healthy and in peace with Nature. Upon realizing his Enlightenment as a Youthful Immortal, Norm Than spent the next 23 years writing this book for those who also wish to remain young (or turn back the clock), to be healthy and to live their lives in harmony ! Within this unique book, Master Norm Than methodically explains the steps to follow this secretive practice in a simple, easy to read and understandable manner. "By nature, Everyone has a right to a long and healthy life. It doesn't matter if you are in your 20s, 30s, 40, 50s or even 80s or 90s! It is never too early or too late to start this amazing practice. This book was written so that everyone can share in this gift!" Qi Gong Master Norm Than
What is this Taoist 3 Treasures practice? Aren't the 3 treasures compassion, frugality & humility?

Or does it even teach the actual techniques?

No doubt the text would be well supplemented by a class or an actual set of lessons, but it does well as an introduction to the practice of Qi Gong.
And who is Norm Than?

comparison-jpg.jpg

He does look very youthful for his age. B)

"Aren't the 3 treasures compassion, frugality & humility?" Vortex

The book says otherwise about this.

Edited by Tao99

"Aren't the 3 treasures compassion, frugality & humility?"

Arent the three treasures Jing Qi and Shen

Or are they Heaven, Earth, Human being

Perhaps they are Sun, Moon and Stars.

I was taught each layer has the three treasures.

Earth has Wind, Water Fire.

Man has Jing, Qi Shen

Heaven has Sun, Moon and Stars.

off the point of the OP perhaps but thought it needed saying.

Craig

Is there anything new in this book? Cultivation practice?

ralis

ditto

I am tempted to buy the download version, but I know I would not have the time to practice it right now.

Anybody has the time to test it and give us some review?

Not trying to be a skeptic.. How sure are you that picuture isen't a recent one? the black and white doesn't really prove otherwise.

Still cool though.

What is this Taoist 3 Treasures practice? Aren't the 3 treasures compassion, frugality & humility?

Or does it even teach the actual techniques?And who is Norm Than?

comparison-jpg.jpg

He does look very youthful for his age. B)

Brad Pit was fourty in Troy,Tom Cruise was fourty something in Mission Impossible 3 and Minority Report.You can still add muscle mass in your 40s and look relatively young.Adrain Paul who played Duncan Macloud aged very well in real life,he's into qi -gung and tai chi though.It's so hard to say..some people look old at 26/28 because of weight and other factors.It is possible to look ten to fifteen years younger than your actual age.

Everlasting youth /beauty is nothing special, it is , like eternal health, just an inevitable by-product of Taoist practice at its initial stage. Yet , if you are not privileged to get it, then even you pay one million , not to speak of US$22.36 , you still can't get it .

In fact, after having invited Tao to our body , we get everlasting beauty and amazing wisdom . However, Tao only follows Te ( virtues) to us , not through money or other means .

Edited by exorcist_1699

So he kept his hair, stayed slim and did the usual body-builder photo-shop for the before and afters, (ie good lighting, possible airbrushing). Good exercise, eating right and blessed genetics, (damn my bald head) can do this.

I'm not belittling the content before I read it, but I do not think anything of the picture 'proofs'.

Exactly right. There are three treasures of heaven earth and man

Arent the three treasures Jing Qi and Shen

Or are they Heaven, Earth, Human being

Perhaps they are Sun, Moon and Stars.

I was taught each layer has the three treasures.

Earth has Wind, Water Fire.

Man has Jing, Qi Shen

Heaven has Sun, Moon and Stars.

off the point of the OP perhaps but thought it needed saying.

Craig

Just sent a PM to Norm and asked him if he would post here and we can ask questions.

ralis :)

It gives his chi gong form. It's for preserving youth not necessarily for returning youth.

You said it's awesome...what are some of the effects you've experienced or read about.Thank you.

You said it's awesome...what are some of the effects you've experienced or read about.Thank you.

I just read most of it and it is a very informative read.Nothing that we haven't discussed on the tabums before though.He does mention it is possible to reverse the aging process not just maintain where you are.He advocates sensory deprivation tanks for meditation and meditating in a dark room.He advocates sealing the senses...he doean't call it that,but you can tell it's taken from a form of yoga where they cover the mouth,nose,ears, ectera, to shut out external distractions.He advocates certain herbs for ching/jing maintenence.He advoctes intense cardio for sweating out the toxins.This is a trick also used in holywood,the slimmer a person is the younger he looks[within reason-not talking about marathon runners]he mentions face qi-gung? I know about face yoga for toning facial muscles.He mentions full lotus is not necessary-sorry Drew!

He advocates fasting,fruit for two days and another, water fast for two days.On a[each of them] monthly basis,although he kinda contradicts himself by saying ''in the spring and fall months'' How then can it be monthly? Interestingly enough he mentions a hypnosis study I planned on posting from Proff. Langer where participants had been hypnotized into thinking they were younger and bio.markers followed suit.He does this to bolster the implication of yi in guiding chi.

Oh! I should add he thinks it it's veryhard to discern changes while you are still young because the changes will be smaller as opposed to the elderly.I kinnda agree...I mean Halle Berry is forty something, I would be very impressed if he was fifty-four and looked like that! I mean this guy is forty something here

Fortyeight- here-

Fifty something here! Practices tai-chi and qi-gung!

Edited by enouch

I just read most of it and it is a very informative read.Nothing that we haven't discussed on the tabums before though.He does mention it is possible to reverse the aging process not just maintain where you are.He advocates sensory deprivation tanks for meditation and meditating in a dark room.He advocates sealing the senses...he doean't call it that,but you can tell it's taken from a form of yoga where they cover the mouth,nose,ears, ectera, to shut out external distractions.He advocates certain herbs for ching/jing maintenence.He advoctes intense cardio for sweating out the toxins.This is a trick also used in holywood,the slimmer a person is the younger he looks[within reason-not talking about marathon runners]he mentions face qi-gung? I know about face yoga for toning facial muscles.He mentions full lotus is not necessary-sorry Drew!

He advocates fasting,fruit for two days and another, water fast for two days.On a[each of them] monthly basis,although he kinda contradicts himself by saying ''in the spring and fall months'' How then can it be monthly? Interestingly enough he mentions a hypnosis study I planned on posting from Proff. Langer where participants had been hypnotized into thinking they were younger and bio.markers followed suit.He does this to bolster the implication of yi in guiding chi.

Oh! I should add he thinks it it's veryhard to discern changes while you are still young because the changes will be smaller as opposed to the elderly.I kinnda agree...I mean Halle Berry is forty something, I would be very impressed if he was fifty-four and looked like that! I mean this guy is forty something here

Fortyeight- here-

Fifty something here! Practices tai-chi and qi-gung!

Would you post the hypnosis study?

Thanks

ralis

I can't find it all at the moment but here is the essence of the study:A study was done in 1976, by psychologist Ellen Langer and her team at Harvard, which demonstrates the power of the mind to reverse ageing. Deepak Chopra describes this study in "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind" - "The subjects, all 75 or older and in good health, were asked to meet for a weeks retreat at a country resort. They were informed in advance that they would be given a battery of physical and mental exams, but in addition one unusual stipulation was placed upon them; they were not allowed to bring any newspapers, magazines, books or family photos dated later than 1959. The purpose of this odd request became clear when they arrived - the resort had been set up to duplicate life as it was 20 years earlier. Instead of magazines from 1979, the reading tables held issues of Life and Saturday Evening Post from 1959. The only music played was 20 years old, and in keeping with this flashback, the men were asked to behave entirely as if the year were 1959. All talk had to refer to events and people of that year. Every detail of their week in the country was geared to make each subject feel, look, talk and behave as he had in his mid 50's.

During this period, Langer's team made extensive measurements of the subjects biological age. Gerontologists have not been able to fix the precise markers that define biological age, as I noted earlier, but a general profile was compiled for each man using measurements of physical strength, posture, perception, cognition and short term memory along with thresholds of hearing, sight and taste.

The Harvard team wanted to change the context in which these men saw themselves. The premise of their experiment was that seeing oneself as old or young directly influences the ageing process itself. To shift their context back to 1959 the researchers had their subjects wear ID photo's taken 20 years before - the group learned to identify one another through these pictures rather than present appearance, they were instructed to talk exclusively in the present tense of 1959 ("I wonder if President Eisenhower will go with Nixon next election"); their wives and children were referred to as if they were also 20 years younger; although all the men were retired, they talked about their careers as if they were still in full swing.

The results of this playacting were remarkable. Compared to a control group that went on retreat but continued to live in the world of 1979, the make believe group improved in memory and manual dexterity. They were more active and self sufficient about such things as taking their own food at meals and cleaning up their rooms, behaving much more like 55 year olds than 75 year olds (many had become dependant on younger family members to perform everyday tasks for them).

Perhaps the most remarkable change had to do with aspects of ageing that were considered irreversible. Impartial judges who were asked to study before and after pictures of the men detected that their faces looked visibly younger by an average of three years. Measurements of finger length, which tends to shorten with age, indicated that their fingers had lengthened, stiffened joints were more flexible and posture had started to straighten as it had in younger years. The control group also showed some improvements (Langer explained this by the fact that going on a trip and being treated specially made them feel younger too). But the control group actually declined in certain markers such as manual dexterity and finger length. Intelligence is considered fixed in adults, yet over half of the experimental group showed increased intelligence over the five days of their return to 1959, while a quarter of the control group declined in IQ test scores.

Professor Langer's study was a landmark in proving that the so called irreversible signs of ageing could be reversed using psychological intervention."

What a stunning experiment! Those results were obtained in five days! These men "youthed" significantly in five days!!. Become aware of your thoughts, words and actions - they all create results in your reality. Are they contributing to vitality and life or sickness, ageing and death?

hmmm,

interesting, but something does not add up.

There are people who have mental problems and do not remember the early past. It is quite a common synndrome. Those people remain fixed at one day in the past. They believe that they are still in 1975, or in 2003. They can tell you extensively about events before that day, but they cannot remember or process any new memory after that day.

If what you say would be true, then those people would age much less. But I never heard of something like that. So I am dubious, and would ask for the experiment to be done a few other times, under slightly altered conditions to make sure it is true and reproducible.

hmmm,

interesting, but something does not add up.

There are people who have mental problems and do not remember the early past. It is quite a common synndrome. Those people remain fixed at one day in the past. They believe that they are still in 1975, or in 2003. They can tell you extensively about events before that day, but they cannot remember or process any new memory after that day.

If what you say would be true, then those people would age much less. But I never heard of something like that. So I am dubious, and would ask for the experiment to be done a few other times, under slightly altered conditions to make sure it is true and reproducible.

A lot of people dismiss hypnosis according to many medical doctors precisely because it isn't physical.These individuals were in command of their faculties and instructed to play act in addition to the hypnosis. So the vaunted placebo,i.e. expectation factor is at work with these individuals,as opposed to a group of mentally ill patients who can't discern reality.Acceptence[via trance] and expectation are crucial factors for making hypnosis work.In fact, until recently some scientists[even now] denied that hypnosis is real.In truth,some elements that make qi-gung work also work for hypnosis.Hypnosis is all about contacting the subconcious mind and directing the nervous system or so-called involuntary systems.Which, western scientists also declared impossible for decades.These feats were also considered impossible or hard to accept.

http://sadhanamandir.org/BFB2.pdf

Edited by enouch

I contacted Norm Than the author of the "Immortality Book" and he has agreed to come here and answer questions. He posts under "AHumbleImmortal"

ralis