Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality by Chao Pi Ch'en (Zhao Bi Chen) and translated by Lu Kuan Yu (Charles Luk) was an incomplete Quan Zhen inner alchemy manual.

Does anyone have an online or written reference relating to the pedigree for the source document for this translation? Also does anyone have the source document available in Chinese (Big5)?

Thanks.

AugustLeo

I'd be interested to see this as well.

:D

What pitfalls would that be?

From what I've read in Taoist Yoga so far, nothing seems very forceful or dangerous?

I own the book Taoist Yoga, but I can't read it, because my english is far not good enough.

You learned the breathing - if you do something wrong there, you will simply not achieve a result or you'll need much more time than if you're doing right.

But there are some dangerous things I know in the practise of opening the Tian-Mu-line (Kai Tian Mu), nothing dangerous in Kan & Li, but the again some dangerous things doing Yi Yuen Sheng Kuan.

But vortex, I think you learned Ba Gua Zi Wu Shou Sui with Kathy Li or you're going to learn it as soon as your practise requires it. In first place, one mistake some people do in the beginning is: focusing on a area to low for Mu. If you do this it could mess up the 3rd line (xue - mu- tien) and you will need a lot of time to "repair" this damage.

Hi everyone,

I have been practicing the techniques in Taoist Yoga for a little while now--I've had some pretty intense energy experiences but nothing yet that I would consider dangerous. I'm past chapter 1 and to the point where I get spontaneous MCO energy movement and when I practice the MCO I have energy moving up and down my front and back simultaneously. I sometimes feel energy emit in what feels like a concentrated way from my face and head at seemingly random times during the day and that feeling gets more pronounced and regular when I do sitting meditation. I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

That is all I can offer. I am sorry that I can't say definitively that the techniques in Taoist Yoga are safe or dangerous.

Also, something to ponder: It seems there is some similarity between the method of turning the light around in Cleary's translation of the Secrets of the Golden Flower and Taoist Yoga (chapter 1 in particular). Anyone else noticed this?

Sincerely,

Birch Tree

Sign in to follow this