Sign in to follow this  
KoHsuan

Richard Mooney

Does anybody know where I could be get materials on lin kong jing from

Richard Mooney (book and video) or his contact details??

Rex, care to go half on those with me? We just share em? Anyone else can get down...start some communal buying of these expernsive stuff...I just got $400 worth of videos from master Yuanming Zhang.

Hi GrandTrinity,

I got these just before Christmas. While inspiring to watch they're more demo than instructional as it's difficult to work out exactly what's going on; especially with the breathing and simultaneous pushing and pressing of the abdomen with the hands. At a pinch the empty force breathing and pressing can be got from Mantak Chia's Tan Tien Chi Kung book (it's one chapter amongst a mass of information) and the Tao Yin from the standard book/video. Put them together and voila! Somehow I bet it's not that easy though. All in all these demo videos are fragments of a wider system that David Shen taught and barring personal instruction you're left picking up clues from other sources. I didn't get what I was looking for in these videos in terms of detailed 'how to do' instructons and I wish I'd spent the money on something else. What do you get if you don't get what you want? Experience. :lol:

Rex

Edited by rex

From what I know Richard Mooney is senior student of Paul Dong and he published some training programmes and videos on the topic...

you also can read this http://www.universal-tao.com/article/empty.html

That article was quite amusing. I hope you can see through the ridiculous pseudoscience. This kind of nonsense about gamma rays and cancer is extremely disappointing.

Wang Xiangzhai was a truly exceptional martial artist who is arguably single handedly responsible for the standing post craze. He was a Xingyi master who arrived at the truth of standing post training after spending his life training hard in Xingyi. Please note that his practice of standing came as the fruits of his lifetime of practicing Xingyi. There is no one of note who has gotten anywhere by just standing. I'm sure I have just pissed off all the Yiquan people, but c'mon, let's be realistic here. If standing post was such a cure all, there would be no heart disease, no strokes, no cancers among the leading proponents of the practice. Wang Xuanjie, who was supposed to be 'the successor' died young from a stroke. If standing post created superior martial artists, you would see them and hear about them. If it was such a great training, olympic athletes would be doing it for the extra edge. Lance Armstrong would be all over it. Standing post is not part of the traditional Taichchuan curriculum. It's a recent development. All the elements of a standing practice were incorporated into the form and were used to correct the form. Chen Fake for example was not teaching or practicing Zhang Zhuan as a separate training. This focus is recent by people who jump on the bandwagon and need to make a living here.

I watched vidoes on the net of people who claim to fight with Yiquan. It's just a bunch of bitch slapping. All these yiquan experts would get creamed by a decent high school varsity wrestler.

There is no magic power, just hard intelligent consistent training. Do a search on Richard Mooney and get all the facts you before you start following him and buying his stuff.

T

Edited by thaddeus

So its just pimp smacking?

You diss Mooney (and I can see why, he seems like a joke in that video) although that is very cool to push people without touching them. A dude in Branford, CT, Stephen Mitchell I believe his name is, can knock people over without touching them...some real stuff!

Heres the Paul dong books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...6144873-1685409

I'd be interested to get to the bottom of this. What is with that "China's Super Psychics book"?

Ron Diana highly recommended me the book Warriors of Stillness. He was a big I chuan fan. Whats up with that?

Perhaps the benefits of I chuan are empty when you only do the physical movements. When you know the alchemy of kan and li, and/or the alchemy of the macrocosim/micro cosmic orbits, then, that, of course, bring the health and energy benefits to a completely different level. These athletes are not messing with it because they dont have the time/patience to learn the alchemy, perhaps? Maybe this was Michael Jordan's secret...I dont know but he had some kind of ill Zen secrets...his coach was a student of the Living Tao Institutes Huang.

Sign in to follow this