joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

Koala locomotion  

Traditional:

61d6129a03f2e_KoalaLeap.jpg.3818de6174f3a9c7c0fcb2a0a7503450.jpg

Modern:

61d612ca2814b_KoalarescuedfromSAfreeway.jpg.d30cc2873969162684b0871f0602b3a8.jpg

[This isn’t a posed photo. It was taken by a woman who rescued the koala which had strayed onto a highway. When she put it into her car it immediately took to the driver’s seat as if it was accustomed to driving. Maybe it was. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I went to a  sacred thangka exhibition at the Australian Art Gallery once . A special exhibit  that showed rare and special pieces , some needed special permissions to go on public display , they where considered ' psychologically volatile ' and the viewer was pre asked to consider things before entering the smaller area where these particular images where in isolation . Wow ! One was all black and painted only with red yellow orange flames , it was huge menacing skeleton with bones of flames .

Anyway , thing is there was a printed rave in there and it said in some meditations and the reason some of these thangka where  special , the monk is isolated in total darkness for some time doing their meditations and then they are led out and the first thing they see is a huge wall size 'startling' thangka .

I am imagining 3 days in a totally dark place and then suddenly - light , and being dazzled by that above 'revelation' .

Zap !

• Like 2

sunshine rain

sitting under a double rainbow

recognizing another double rainbow in a raindrop

distant and close, clear and diffuse.

image.png.a40456247ebdfe18b210b9ef53692c18.png

Edited by questionmark
upload issue
  • Like 2

I see a man  with a poodle face patch on the back of his jacket  running off with a broken left  knee .

I assume he is from 'The Poodles' a renown Biker Gang in the area  and has suffered some type of retribution for a gang infraction .

Edited by Nungali

Great Masters, Dodrupchen Rinpoche with Sakya Gongma Trichen Rinpoche

273019049_4645616228819554_50690623751253190_n.thumb.jpeg.dff029e1e2cc4f5904a683c67498351e.jpeg

• Like 3

Yeah , I luv that pic !  I could live in that, if I breathed water .

many an hour I have spent watching the surf (and being in it ) . I was particularly fond of riding my trail bike off through the sandhills, out to the coastal cliffs, take a break and lie face down over the edge and watch the surf smash onto the rocks below .

Especially at 'the hole in the rock' , it had a ladder you could climb down and access a lower  cave and then a further drop to the ocean .... massive swell used to smash in there  and  hard core fisherman built  huts on the cliff ! ..... I remember as a  little un, some of my first fishing  trips with Dad and big brother , I saw some of those guys  ... its all gone now though .

Tabbidgai - 'The Dragons Teeth'  ;

40026498-9324195-In_all_15_homes_were_bu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiFx9FFfsYAtVNk9NZiwG

40026496-9324195-image-a-40_161483523928

" Look out !  Here comes a big one - close the windows ! "  ( if you look closely at the rocks jutting out into sea at lower left , you can see some of the dragon's teeth .)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

A waterfall glows orange down the side of a granite formation.

For a short time in February — if the conditions are perfect —Horsetail Falls at Yosemite National Park appears to be set ablaze when the sun’s light hits the waterfall at just the right angle, illuminating the water and mist to a brilliant orange fiery glow.

• Like 5

This device, consisting of a sundial and geared mechanical calendar, is the second oldest known of its kind. The earliest known example is the #AntikytheraMechanism.
It dates around 400-600 BCE, Byzantine Empire.

FLah3ShWUAI_6Hs.thumb.jpeg.24485df639f45c1fe69e02e992038114.jpeg

• Like 1